Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DWalk31

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Originally Posted by DWalk31

Dude... by your logic, Nike is stupid to sell them at the price they do to shops...you do realize the shops arent paying $245 for them. And the Ferrari comparison makes 0 sense. If the MSRP for a new ferrari is 200k would you pay 10x the MSRP at a local dealer (that's 2 mill..no you'd probably negotiate for LESS than MSRP). The stuff being said in this thread is really absurd. By your logic resellers and shops could make the price whatever since they are an "instant sellout" why not 5-10k why stop at 3. You guys must realize they can only charge what the consumer is willing to pay. Sadly from the looks of this thread ppl are happy to pay whatever lol. 1600 "good deal" 
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Nike IS stupid for not charging more...! why do you think all your jordan prices are going up? you think over 6 years jordans have become $40 more expensive to produce? nope, nike wants a bigger slice of the pie.  And to answer your question of "do I realize if shops arent paying $245 for these"? well since I have worked in the sneaker industry for a long time now I am going to hip you to something.  The stores "cost" of a nike shoe that retails for $245, would be around $132.50 since its a nike shoe.  But did you know the stores that get them are the stores that take all the extra BS from nike? the same store that ordered 10K in horrible almost unsellable AM90/AM95/AM1 colorways gets the equivalent to a little gold star on their account, the rep remembers when a store buys $50k in horrible air jordan fusions (that they will ultimately sell at a discount), thats why some stores get preferential treatment.  So whats wrong with the store realizing maximum profit from a desirable product?
and if the market allows for $5k or $10k then thats the price......and do me a favor and try and get a Ferrari for under MSRP, people pay thousands and thousands of dollars to be first on the list to buy a highly sought after Ferrari.  
Not that I like going back and forth, but Im bored... The store's cost of the shoe is maybe around 132...nike's cost is maybe 30 or less...You believe that the stores are ok to sell for 1500? and then resellers for more?
indifferent.gif
 When you say "if the market allows"... you do realize that means if us as consumers are willing to pay the outrageous prices which again means that the buyers have the power. In fact the stores taking a L on shoes all year shows that the buyers have the overall say. I've been collecting for a while, before all of this hype surrounded every semi interesting release. Stores did not sink, they found ways to be profitable without charging 6x retail. Clearly the shops and ppl like KRISPACINLA have you exactly where they want to. Not only are you ok with it, but you feel for them
laugh.gif
. But to each his own...BTW you can get a ferrari for under MSRP all day every day...ppl definitely arent paying 6x MSRP before they release, but again whatever. To each is own, hope you get em!!! 

Feel for them? I am them....!! I am just telling you why shops are charging that much, and its because they can.  It being right/wrong/ethical has no impact on supply and demand.  Blame resellers, blame hype, blame whom ever you want, but as long as 5k - 8k people are willing to pay top price (be it $1500 or $5k) stores are dumb to not sell them for as much as they can.  If the market decides they are charging too much, then the shoes will just sit on the shelves...but we all know that wont happen.  I bet I could sell out at $2k a pair....as of this afternoon I personally know 5 stores that are going to release the shoe at $1000 a pair, and they are even thinking of upping the price.
I think you are confusing what is morally right and what is smart business.....is it better for the store to charge retail and sell their 15 pairs (5 of which go to people who will wear them, and 10 go to a reseller) and let the reseller make all the money? why cant the store just cut out the middle man and reap the benifits of obtaining a highly sought after product?

If you use your line of logic, then nike should just make enough pairs for everyone who wants them....hell lets say they make a million pairs, I would be willing to bet that you would not wanted them then.  But this entire situation (discussion/argument) comes down to what you think is fair, be it the way the stores release the shoe, the number of pairs that nike makes, how much profit should be made on the sale of the shoe.  Take it a step further, is it fair to a guy with a family that he cant wait outside for a week since he cant miss work, is it fair to have a raffle when some people are willing to devote a week or more of their time to wait in line to  guarantee they get a pair.  Is it fair that stores want to make money, or it only costs nike 10 cents to make this shoe, or is it fair for the underage kid in china who is making these horrible things?  The answer is yes, no and maybe all at the same time.  The market wants to pay a billion for this shoe I will sell it for a billion, if they decide its not worth the $245 then it will sit.  Everything else is someone making money, and it sounds like you are upset about who ends up with these zero's in their bank account.  

MILLINIUM IS SHADY, THE ATTIC IS SHADY, UNDFTD IS SHADY! HOH BEVERLY IS SHADY! Basically, if they don't go to Niketowns and NDC, regular people don't have a shot.

This is PATHETIC.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by metallic

Originally Posted by Freshr1987

Millennium shoes is not raffling was just there and they have a list of names of ppl who were camping last week

This is what was posted by them @MillenniumShoes: #Yeezy II Raffle at @MillenniumShoes. Follow us, RT & Enter http://t.co/HWDmujYR http://t.co/dTiyYJxr
so is this a local thing only? or are they letting people enter online?

It was open to anyone within the US, but it was only for one pair. Raffle closed already

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Originally Posted by SdotC38109

Originally Posted by 3Chainz

Auj8YM0CEAIz2nd.jpg:large

Store On 72nd Street

I would only be cool with this if it was a live raffle where everybody who paid for a  ticket could actually see the tickets being drawn because I dont trust them to be business ethical behind close doors.

QFMFT! But what are they selling them for? It says see employee for selling price.
roll.gif
roll.gif
so instead of camping for free and not buying them, they are charging people and you still wont be able to buy them
roll.gif
you have to be kidding me
roll.gif

they are charging the beasts and selling them to themselves.

This is what was posted by them @MillenniumShoes: #Yeezy II Raffle at @MillenniumShoes. Follow us, RT & Enter http://t.co/HWDmujYR http://t.co/dTiyYJxr
so is this a local thing only? or are they letting people enter online?

It was open to anyone within the US, but it was only for one pair. Raffle closed already

ughhhh i missed it
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by mross16

Nice pick up 
pimp.gif
....how much did you drop for both? Can't be more than what one pair of yeezy 2's are going to go for 
roll.gif

Ya man, the way it's looking, I scored both of these for less than 1 pair of y2's...... & thats a win in my book. I gotta feelin that if the no more Yeezy rumour holds true, these kickz are nothing short of historic and gonna be worth a fortune in a couple years.

HoH Chicago kicked people out of line.
Not letting people camp out bc they "still dont know" if they're getting them.
So the guys who were posted up last night got treated and sent home.
RSVP is selling them for $700 and that line is about 8 deep from what I heard, maybe more now.
STA is said to have a raffle, as I thought they would with this type of drop.
They said they do not have them in stock as of yet though.

Update: Heard word that RSVP will raffle & LDRS will sell for $1500.
IDK how accurate this infor may or may not be, take it for what its worth. 

****From HOH 125th St NY FB Page**** as of yesterday at 9:35 PM

As of right now there is no info on the yeezy. There were over 30-40 people outside camping and the store is not sure if they will get them. If the store gets them there will not be enough pairs as it is with the people out there. One of the campers relayed this to the page: The police officers are kicking people out telling them to go home. Even threatening them with tickets/arrest and that if there are any teens hovering in the area to camp during school hours truancy will be called" This comes from on of the campers not footlocker or house of hoops in anyway.

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE STORE TO CAMP OUT AS FOOTLOCKER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE PERSONAL PROPERTY OR WELL BEING. IF FOOTLOCKER RECEIVES THE YEEZYS IT WILL BE ON FOOTLOCKER UNLOCKED.

The way the release is going, Nike is gifting them to boutique shops in more ways than one.

The employees will get to buy most of the pairs (except for the ones they feel they have to sell - i.e. 3 or 4 of them) - PLUS they get all the $$ from whatever they decide to charge.

Originally Posted by jordan23dotcom

Originally Posted by SdotC38109

I would only be cool with this if it was a live raffle where everybody who paid for a  ticket could actually see the tickets being drawn because I dont trust them to be business ethical behind close doors.

QFMFT! But what are they selling them for? It says see employee for selling price.
roll.gif
roll.gif
so instead of camping for free and not buying them, they are charging people and you still wont be able to buy them
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just called West and they said there WONT be a live raffle going on due to the amount of people that may show up, but he followed that statement by saying that all pairs are going to the customers and there wont be any shady business going on. So i dont know.And he said they WILL charge over retail but theres no price yet.

Originally Posted by drillest

Originally Posted by jordan23dotcom

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just called West and they said there WONT be a live raffle going on due to the amount of people that may show up, but he followed that statement by saying that all pairs are going to the customers and there wont be any shady business going on. So i dont know.And he said they WILL charge over retail but theres no price yet.
easy fix, sell to your friends and family. yes they are not employees but they are going their way

which store is that in the pic?

WP_000166.jpeg

Kanye’s Air Yeezy II Sneakers Draws iPhone 5 Like Crowds

If you happen to pass by your local Foot Locker, Footaction, or just about any store that sells sneakers today, you might notice a trail of people camped out in front of the store. No, it’s not an Occupy Foot Locker movement, but it is people waiting in line to purchase the first pairs of Kanye West’s new Nike Air Yeezy II sneakers.

Kanye’s Yeezy II sneaks won’t actually make it on to store shelves until June 9th, but we’re seeing several “camps

If there is no live raffle, then do it via U-Stream? I would make that suggestion if I was going there to participate in the raffle. Ppl are paying for the tickets so that's the least they could do.

Screw this release. Looks like am going for the Military Blue 4's and get my self a shoe an athlete endorses.

which store is that in the pic?

WP_000166.jpeg

Kanye’s Air Yeezy II Sneakers Draws iPhone 5 Like Crowds

If you happen to pass by your local Foot Locker, Footaction, or just about any store that sells sneakers today, you might notice a trail of people camped out in front of the store. No, it’s not an Occupy Foot Locker movement, but it is people waiting in line to purchase the first pairs of Kanye West’s new Nike Air Yeezy II sneakers.

Kanye’s Yeezy II sneaks won’t actually make it on to store shelves until June 9th, but we’re seeing several “camps

I just don't get it. We're LESS THAN A WEEK  out and still no inside info from the NTers with the serious Oregon connections? No quantity details? This is unprecedented and really shows a shift in the Nike corporate structure... even Apple can't stop info leaks like this.

Man its crazy how much HYPE gets attached to a shoe cuz of a celebrity/rapper smh. Cuz these shoes are nice but not $250 nice n if they were called something like the Air Tech Challenge 4s then these campouts would be nonexistent. Good luck to everyone trying to cop for retail tho. Be safe out there cuz hypebeasts & resellers turn into savages in these kind of situations lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom