Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by leothegod

you are not going to get jacked in broad day in Soho.
roll.gif

wait till you cross into the other boroughs.
laugh.gif

"ayo son WHOS THAT DUDE THERE WITH A MERCER SHOPPING BAG?" WORD? he got yeezys? lets holla at him
laugh.gif

I don't know about you guys, but I wondered why Nike's Twitter RSVP made the sneaker community reply via DM (Direct Message) instead of an @ mention. I suggested to my local Niketown that the @ mention would dispel any rumors of cheating when giving out any desired shoe release due to anyone and everyone having the ability to see the order and time of each response for the shoes. As many of you might have seen this issue happened today @ Nike's flagship store 21 Mercer. They issued winning confirmations to users who were not the first to DM. Well I did a little research on why they do not ask the sneaker community to respond via @ mention. It is because Twitter has trending rules. If Nike were to ask us to respond via @ mention due to them adding a hashtag, that hashtag would most likely end up as a trending topic. If Nike's hashtag from the RSVP's were to fall into twitters algorithm of immediate popularity the Nike store who caused it to be a trend would be penalized by twitter. If it were to repeatedly happen it could result in the loss of a verified twitter account and potentially the removal of the Twitter RSVP. In order to shut it down, it would have to be a collective effort from #NT

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

for my bmore peeps, i am sad to say but it looks like we really aren't getting. i really can't believe it. i'm really hurt. just got back from mondawmin and talked to my ppls at dtlr. we were gonna be the only spot in the dmv to have these, but the mall didn't wanna go thru what happened with the galaxies again. apparently, the mall had to pay bmore police dept. something like $15k to handle the galaxies.

i'm so pissed because i woulda def. had my pairs. oh well. i got one shot left so we will see soon.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Lol, thats 'cus they're releasing in Minnesota Ave.'s DTLR in D.C. They say they have a little over 50 pairs. Mondawmin didn't want the hassle, so they sent them to D.C.'s location.
glasses.gif

what information do you need when making a phone order with nike?

Originally Posted by Ralph DeLorean

N****s are seriously trying to figure out what time Kanye was born tho 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

LOL do they really think that is the time when they will drop?

for my bmore peeps, i am sad to say but it looks like we really aren't getting. i really can't believe it. i'm really hurt. just got back from mondawmin and talked to my ppls at dtlr. we were gonna be the only spot in the dmv to have these, but the mall didn't wanna go thru what happened with the galaxies again. apparently, the mall had to pay bmore police dept. something like $15k to handle the galaxies.

i'm so pissed because i woulda def. had my pairs. oh well. i got one shot left so we will see soon.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Weren't you the one who said a few weeks ago that you were passing on these cuz they're illuminati/satan shoes?

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Weren't you the one who said a few weeks ago that you were passing on these cuz they're illuminati/satan shoes?

roll.gif

Hey guys, if anyone has any inside information on the links NDC will tweet can you please send a PM my way.. Missed out on the Mercer RSVP like all of you.. just want to get one pair to rock.. don't even care if I get both colors. Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by ryanang7

Originally Posted by oODeZzY

Theres a raffle on instagram/twitter for 24 pairs. They dude only has like 350 followers.
Any way to confirm the legitimacy?
I instaDM'ed he said they will ship the shoes to whatever location, you won't need to pick it up. I mean it was worth a shot?

Originally Posted by shindo03

Originally Posted by micer
This guy has 11 posts..... and I can pretty much sum it up for you guys. Its just simple math. You know that shoe that released in December 23rd.... what are they called? Oh the concords! They were at every brick and mortar store plus online. Everyone and there mom was saying "The prices will fall when they release and the hype will die because realistically you can purchase the older retro 11's or the DMPs." Makes sense. But, nope pairs were still going for around the $400 range....and people were getting trampled and fights were breaking out. Really ever since December Nike was on media alert from the Concords, then the Galaxys. If this guy knew the numbers then he wouldn't say anything, he would actually be contradicting himself. He is saying this shoe is hitting on genres of people and that Jordan's don't.... which okay I get what he's saying in that case let compare. The Banned 1 release was about 100 to 150 per store at Nike Outlets and ONLY Nike Outlets. Multiply that by under 100 Outlets getting them is give or take 10,000 pairs. Concords in the U.S. man every freaking store and Online at almost every store. Your probably looking at over 200,000 pairs easily. And THAT wasn't enough for the masses. WHY in the world would you think a pair of shoes that is appealing to all sorts of demographics and genres are going to have an adequate amount? They ARE not going to manufacture more of these than the Concords, maybe the Yeezy 1's but no where near what your thinking. Let's not confuse Optimism and Reality. Good Luck to everyone!

Don't get it twisted, just because I only have 11 posts doesn't make me any less credible than anyone else. Understand that the Concords apply to that specific genre of people that like that type of shoe. Nike produced a large number of them and they sold out because there was more hype than supply, and they knew this. If Nike wanted everyone to have them, they would've made them a GR. Why wouldn't Nike produce more of a shoe that appeals to everyone? Think about how they market shoes like the FreeRun or the Dunks or whatever, those GR sneaks that appeal to everyone and aren't limited. Mass quantities, everyone can get them. If Nike wants to make money, which they obviously do, they're going to cash in on the Yeezy 2's and make as much as they can. They're entirely different than then Concords because only certain people want those shoes IMO; I think Nike is going to market these "limited" shoes not at GR numbers but definitely at higher numbers because of the fact that they're appealing to all demographics. Also, I think it's going to be 'easier' to cop these than the Concords because the majority of the stock will be online, whereas the Concord stock was spread out over online and brick and mortar stores.
I guess we just look at it from opposite angles; you say they can't produce adequate numbers because of the appeal, I say they can. We'll see come the new few days I suppose.

Originally Posted by AirFly21

I don't know about you guys, but I wondered why Nike's Twitter RSVP made the sneaker community reply via DM (Direct Message) instead of an @ mention. I suggested to my local Niketown that the @ mention would dispel any rumors of cheating when giving out any desired shoe release due to anyone and everyone having the ability to see the order and time of each response for the shoes. As many of you might have seen this issue happened today @ Nike's flagship store 21 Mercer. They issued winning confirmations to users who were not the first to DM. Well I did a little research on why they do not ask the sneaker community to respond via @ mention. It is because Twitter has trending rules. If Nike were to ask us to respond via @ mention due to them adding a hashtag, that hashtag would most likely end up as a trending topic. If Nike's hashtag from the RSVP's were to fall into twitters algorithm of immediate popularity the Nike store who caused it to be a trend would be penalized by twitter. If it were to repeatedly happen it could result in the loss of a verified twitter account and potentially the removal of the Twitter RSVP. In order to shut it down, it would have to be a collective effort from #NT
I can see this being an issue, but if that's the case then Twitter and Nike need to have a conversation. If enough ppl are engaging in a Twitter RSVP to make it a trending topic then hey! It's trending topic worthy. Why should Nike stores be stripped of their verification for being the topic of many tweets? If this is the case, then Twitter's rules w/n their self *are flawed ... and like Nike's RSVP system, Twitter's rules need a revision as well.

there is a limit 1 per color on NDC, meaning you could get 1 of each... not sure how i feel about that.

IM going all in for a platinum pair...I already got a Solar Red coming in from a homie from Australia for 500 shipped....

But now I'm second guessing if I should double up on the Solar Reds or get 1 of Each

What would yall do?

Originally Posted by BishopStrongBow

IM going all in for a platinum pair...I already got a Solar Red coming in from a homie from Australia for 500 shipped....

But now I'm second guessing if I should double up on the Solar Reds or get 1 of Each

What would yall do?
if you really really like the solar reds I'd double up. 
Personally I would love to have one of each though

Originally Posted by jst628

there is a limit 1 per color on NDC, meaning you could get 1 of each... not sure how i feel about that.

I sure as heck ain't gonna take the time to put BOTH in my cart. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom