Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by swetooth9

how do you get it so that you get text for every tweet from nike or some sort of notification? I've tried everything, and there are alwsays tweets they send out that don't go to my phone when i compare the web tweets to what i get on my phone
you are probably talking about replies....

Originally Posted by youngcurse

IF ONE WAS TO STRIKE OUT ON NDC WHAT ARE YOUR BACK UP PLANS ?

Not get the shoe and just wait a month to cop the Olympic 6 lol

There are some very very angry people on twitter. 21Mercer has alot of negative publicity right now. lolol

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I COULD see Nike sending out 18 pairs to most boutiques and having a decent sized stock for themselves. They're feeding into the "limited hype" but not doing it themselves. Boutiques make a huge deal out of the 18 pairs they have with the raffles and $2000 price tags - they make the news, make the hype - then Nike tweets a link and actually posts a good amount of them. Even if they had a lot, they'd still probably sell out quick and we'd never even know they pulled a trick like that.

Until eBay gets flooded with them and the resellers (and guys who shelled out a grand) are screwed. And it wouldn't be Nike's fault per se - people are really doing all of this based on unsubstatiated rumors.

if that 1000 on NDC number is indeed correct then i am with you on this... the market is gonna be flooded come saturday night and the days/weeks following... the majority of these are being bought only to resell... pairs have been selling for over $2K, and many will after they drop, and people putting their pairs up for sale see that and want to sell for that much too, but the market will be flooded and the number of people willing to spend that much will drop, and then so will the prices (cuz a lot of these resellers don't have enough money to have that much tied up in these for too long)... if 70% of the ones bought for box price are being bought to resell (very likely), then they have plenty of wiggle room to come down once the market's flooded and people aren't still cranking out over $2K. that's when deals for $1000 will be seen and had.

that scenario will indeed screw the people who bought for over $1,500 and are still trying to profit.

for awhile there i didn't think so, i thought these would end up in the $3K range, but if there's only 3000 each colorway worldwide, and NDC does drop 1000 pairs each color for box price, not to mention the other spots around the world who've sold for reasonable prices (anything under $1000 is reasonable on these i'd say at this point), then good luck getting as much profit off these as you thought you were...

these are super hype right now, and cats are in panic mode and dropping over $2K for 'em, and these bottom feeder resellers see that and see dollar signs in their eyes... they want to cash out and sell them for over $2K too... but just because they've been going for that doesn't mean that will keep up. it NEVER does... the market gets flooded and it comes down.

will not surprise me if that cat who was trying to "hook me up" at $2,800 ends up coming back to me in a few days willing to come down much, much lower...

funny thing is, he tried to tell me the market won't be flooded...
laugh.gif

son, i'll go as far to say that at least 70% of these are being bought only to resell, not to wear.

the market is definitely gonna be flooded.

Yes. It would be a genius marketing plan in Nike's "evil dictator" sort of way, which is what makes me think it's possible.

People are spending $3000 just because they expect the shoe to be so hard to obtain. But Nike hasn't really said much of anything besides that blurb about these being "extremely limited." They've even got stores tight-lipped about how many they have. By sending out small shipments to these boutiques - who respond by setting up elaborate raffle systems and their own high prices - Nike is making people think that their guesses were true. The beauty of it is that it's everyone's fault for thinking this, not Nike's - since when is a small shop in LA getting a shipment of 18 pairs a confirmation about anything bigger?

I've seen everywhere report that $90,000 eBay sale. Major outlets like USA Today, TMZ, and morning radio are reporting the message that "Nike has a high-profile shoe coming out and someone just paid 90 grand on it." People who want it will be scrambling even more, and people who knew nothing about it will be shocked at a sneaker going for more than their BMWs.

Nike can drop a good amount when they tweet that link. They can drop 2,000 like people have been saying, or even 10,000. But people are scrambling; they want their chance to get it, they want to beat everyone else, thousands of orders will go through in 15 seconds. No one would even know that the shoe was nowhere near "resell for $2000" levels because the backdoor marketing scheme has done its work, people are rushing at their only chance, and they'll sell out regardless.

It will only start to look that way once people look to eBay and see 100+ people trying to sell it at $2000.

By the way - phone orders and the 1 of EACH color really make it look like NDC will have a decent amount.

Originally Posted by titanium intellect

Originally Posted by 18th letter

THIS. The prices on ebay then drift down to the $500 range as people realize just how many pairs are out there...

laugh.gif
@ the idea that these will drop for anything below 1000 @ ebay prices.

You might be able to get lucky on an auction, but they won't drop below a stack because people will be happy to pay that and not get 'raped' for 2 gs

anyways the hype is a damn real. i don't ever in my years of being on NT remember a thread moving this fast between the hours of 2am-11am
30t6p3b.gif
If I recall correctly, you were one of the peeps that highly doubted an NDC release too... so laugh all you want... Modern Notoriety has confirmed Yeezys for the September opening on the Chicago Nike Store. Boutiques are getting more than expected. This release will have numbers that will bring the price down... people are happy to pay what they must. However  with soooo many resellers and so few real sneakerheads purchasing... ebay will be flooded... I was right about NDC...
Whether or not doubted a ndc release is irrelevant to this, nobody knew anything and even the biggest blog couldn't confirm. it was all rumors and speculation like with house of hoops receiving pairs or not.

While I don't believe they will drop that low, the people that can't have money tied up for so long will be the first people to lower their prices.

Believe me if I could scoop a ds black pair for under 600 id be ecstatic. do you think they will drop to the 600 range?

It's a problem when "resellers" don't even know how to hustle. You can't make money with product just sitting there. "oh everyones selling for $2000?" I'm selling mine for $15-1700. You gotta move that product.

I've never understood how dudes like BobbyClee would make money asking ridiculous prices and never selling.

btw I don't agree with yeezys costing anymore than $600 lol

Originally Posted by coreyatou

Originally Posted by swetooth9

how do you get it so that you get text for every tweet from nike or some sort of notification? I've tried everything, and there are alwsays tweets they send out that don't go to my phone when i compare the web tweets to what i get on my phone
you are probably talking about replies....

when i first subscribe to the text alerts, it always sends me the first tweet (even if it's a reply), but then it doesn't send me anymore after that

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Originally Posted by 18th letter

laugh.gif
@ the idea that these will drop for anything below 1000 @ ebay prices.

You might be able to get lucky on an auction, but they won't drop below a stack because people will be happy to pay that and not get 'raped' for 2 gs

anyways the hype is a damn real. i don't ever in my years of being on NT remember a thread moving this fast between the hours of 2am-11am
30t6p3b.gif
If I recall correctly, you were one of the peeps that highly doubted an NDC release too... so laugh all you want... Modern Notoriety has confirmed Yeezys for the September opening on the Chicago Nike Store. Boutiques are getting more than expected. This release will have numbers that will bring the price down... people are happy to pay what they must. However  with soooo many resellers and so few real sneakerheads purchasing... ebay will be flooded... I was right about NDC...
THIS... 
it's simple economics...

right now there are more buyers (demand) than sellers (supply) = high prices

once the price hikes, there will be less buyers (demand) and TONS more sellers (supply) = price decrease

Proto I know you are claiming these won't hit below $1K but I have to disagree.  I think like they will peak, drop, and steadily creep back up again.  Highest prices are now $1k-2k range, I think they will drop to the $500-600 range (which is still nuts), and then steadily go back up again (like the yeezy one).  

again, just my opinion... but an educated one at that 
I have to agree with Proto on this. Many people still have hope of a hookup, raffle, or NDC score.  Once that passes, 1500 will be a good price for these and hard to find.  It doesn't matter whether or not I agree with it, it's just likely to occur.  DS or DNDS Dons go for 2000, Yeezy 1 Blinks go for 2200.  Of course there will always be insane ebay auctions asking for more, but I think these will still be going for 1700 to 2500 in the Fall easily. 

Originally Posted by MrDozo

There are some very very angry people on twitter. 21Mercer has alot of negative publicity right now. lolol
YOU AREN'T LYING. I DON'T LIVE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO NEW YORK AND I'M HEATED
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

O GOD.

HERE COMES THE NEXT MILLION PAGES ABOUT THE SAME THING.

CAN WE MOVE ON TO SOMETHING ELSE LIKE PEOPLE WHO GOT THE SHOE ALREADY. HOW'S THE FIT AND QUALITY? WHAT DO YOU LIKE AND DON'T LIKE. OR POST UP A VIDEO!!

IMO they run a little big. I went 1/2 smaller than my normal size. Detailing on the shoe is amazing. Also b carefully with the lace tips because they are not on properly. If u get a pair make sure to tighten the tips, so they dont fall off. The bag is nice and also come with te lace tips but they are gold not silver. The comfort is there (haven't worn my pair yet) but fom trying them on they feel good. I don't know of this helps anyone. Btw stickie213 has a review up already youtu.be/9RX92nmKZ90

Originally Posted by bklyn style baby

Originally Posted by Mr K

Originally Posted by bklyn style baby

Stop whining, Not everyone is getting them for retail $250
my spot wants $1200, big difference from the $450 they wanted last time yeezys dropped.

only difference i see is M&P shops have caught up & made it harder for resellers to make profit by jacking up the price.

its funny because i still got pms asking "where can i get them for $1200?"

You missed my point, try and read.M&P shops are trying to cut out the resellers (intentionally or unintentionally) but here come the resellers paying the high markups only to turn around and flipped them for more, by the time they reach the hands of someone who actually want them, they've gone through about 3 damb resellers....if resellers took the L on this one and let dudes cop for 1200$ that's where the value will stay.
.now when a 1000$ offer on a pair of sneakers retailed at 250$ Is a laughable one, that's something else, since when is 700$ profit not enough? 
i did read!

and like i said before.... when the storm calms dropping  <1500 for a pair will be just fine in my book.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Dude Just refunded me, said he doens't have the info. Oh well.

who? NikeVandal or shycagoill?

i'm almost certain shycagoill is lying and just said that so people would blow him up offering him money for his info.

NikeVandal didn't give the exact time (yet)...

Originally Posted by AlBooBoo

I'm thinking these will drop later today.

youre not alone, i got an inside tip they not droppin saturday......
im on the Mac allllllllllll day today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom