Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by shoefreak77

yeah...lol...this thread had inside info that they wouldnt release online on 6/9....
then inside info that they wouldnt release on a day that started with "S"....
then inside info that said you needed to clear your browser cache (BIG MISTAKE) to get your cart items to re-appear (this essentially empties your browsers' memory of ever visiting NDC)
If you are looking for info about these shoes, here is the inside info....people in this thread have proven they dont have a clue about what will happen next....

your best bet is to stand on your own feet, camp your PC on NDC and twitter, call Nike customer support, and hope for the best....otherwise, you will simply be too late to act....
unfortunately there wasn't anything "easy about the Yeezy" up to this point, so why think things would change....its a game of chance...you are either in or out...
-sf77
Well said.

Clear your cache?
eek.gif

If anyone's interested, I made a chat to try to reduce spam in threads, so people can just post whatever, whenever.

http://xat.com/xat176068518

On another note, should I just go ahead and drop a platinum pair for 1880? I didn't even ask for that much, the dude just threw me a huge offer. Should I take em? (Yeah the DMP and 2k dudes flaked.)

^^^^AGREED shoefreak77.

There were some moments, but this thread was not as popcorn worthy as I expected. #coolstorybro

Originally Posted by Gnarled

If anyone's interested, I made a chat to try to reduce spam in threads, so people can just post whatever, whenever.

On another note, should I just go ahead and drop a platinum pair for 1880? I didn't even ask for that much, the dude just threw me a huge offer. Should I take em? (Yeah the DMP and 2k dudes flaked.)
damb i thought you wanted them to wear

This is all i got to see , put in my cart at 11:31 and from there on...... NADA

its just a shoe though im not trippin

relax people relax

This is what i don't get, sz 10.5 going for 3500 on ebay ending in 20 min. I go to all the 10.5 on ebay and i see a buy now at 3000, same color. No one bid or bought that one, i don't get it. I don't get these buyers on ebay

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Can't 18th, fam literally hidin' the pair so I won't and I'll just resell em. This sneakerhead got a greedy Asian fam.
:/

Originally Posted by PTone

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Bro hold on to your Yeezy 1s...those will be like Jordan 1s one day.
eek.gif
I sold my yeezys regret it everyday bro.

At first I was like...
tumblr_lwg6cwaMzA1qzjix8.gif

Then,
tumblr_lwg5pmGVcS1qzjix8.gif

exactly... but i still want the blk ii's tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreak77

yeah...lol...this thread had inside info that they wouldnt release online on 6/9....
then inside info that they wouldnt release on a day that started with "S"....
then inside info that said you needed to clear your browser cache (BIG MISTAKE) to get your cart items to re-appear (this essentially empties your browsers' memory of ever visiting NDC)
If you are looking for info about these shoes, here is the inside info....people in this thread have proven they dont have a clue about what will happen next....

your best bet is to stand on your own feet, camp your PC on NDC and twitter, call Nike customer support, and hope for the best....otherwise, you will simply be too late to act....
unfortunately there wasn't anything "easy about the Yeezy" up to this point, so why think things would change....its a game of chance...you are either in or out...
-sf77
citizen_cane.gif

Originally Posted by slysniperwolf

This is what i don't get, sz 10.5 going for 3500 on ebay ending in 20 min. I go to all the 10.5 on ebay and i see a buy now at 3000, same color. No one bid or bought that one, i don't get it. I don't get these buyers on ebay

Dummies get caught up in a bid war...  Psycology is an interesting field...  You'd pay anything just so that cat bidding against you doesn't win.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by akaValentino

in the cart, what does List Promotions error! mean in the summary? sol?

I got to the checkout stage but got the spinning circle til it blanked out.
No idea only nike would know that. That was internal they did that for a reason.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Can't 18th, fam literally hidin' the pair so I won't and I'll just resell em. This sneakerhead got a greedy Asian fam.
:/

SMFH. tell em to kick rocks lol

Originally Posted by 55steep

Originally Posted by Juaninzze

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Those links don't work for me, takes me the page but says product not available or is no longer available. 
frown.gif

Guess this a question for computer science majors but why do certain url's work for some and not for others. Moreover, how does the site crash for me immediately as I proceed to checkout but others made it through before the crash? I selected my size for the Plat's only as soon as the link dropped, definitely under 30 seconds or so. 

Frustrating, I really thought the stars were aligned for me considering the other great things that happened for me this weekend 
mad.gif
. I was going to rock these all summer.... I've been on NT since 2000 and a consumer of Nike since 97, where art thou sneaker gods 
nerd.gif
I know the reason why its showing. I pulled it up and its there just can't add to cart i have a guess why too but i cant share -- also dont know if they page will be valid to add to cart if they return to stock they might make a new page and this will still show out of stock. To answer the question about the why the site crashed -- Simple the servers couldnt handle the traffic. When you type in nike.com a request is made to a server to send you the information you requested. When 2 many requests are made the server gets jammed up and times-out aka white page/lagging -- To offset the jamming nike routed most of the people to a maintenance page making your transaction void. When you refreshed you also might lost your loading place in line which brings me to the checkout part.

For nike to place a hold on your sneakers you need to be at STEP 2 of the checkout (PAYMENT OPTION AFTER CLICKING THE NEXT BUTTON) that means hitting the next button at the shipping information @ step 1-- Many people got to the shipping information and got jammed up cause of the server lagg when they went to the payment screen which means -- YOU DO NOT HAVE A HOLD because the server didn't get your info so what your seeing in your cart isnt really there cause the server never got a hold place request -- So when you got to your cart after everything was cool the sneakers were removed cause according to the server you never got to STEP 2 cause of the lagg and timeouts-- NIKE DIDNT REMOVE YOUR SNEAKERS the server never got the info that you made it to the checkout payment part. People that got to the payment screen because they either reloaded or it just went through for them with no routed maintenance screen -- are the ones that have a hold.

I don't know what nike will do with the rest of the sneakers they have -- im sure there are some stuck in limbo and either will be restocked back to the site or nike will just pull everything and ship to stores. I hope they do the NDC but just by them pulling the link i doubt it.

Hope that helped some of you guys understand why your sneakers were not in the cart. Me for 1 was confused i thought after you got to the checkout page STEP 1 you got your pair held -- sadly not the case.
This makes a lot of sense to me, but step 1 is as far as I got and I was able to hold them.
You must have clicked that next step button and the server got your request. Nike said that you need to make it to the payment step (step 2) for there to be a hold on your cart -- Maybe it was a fluke -- Enjoy your pair!

Stop asking if you should take this or take that your an adult if the price sounds good to you then take it, no need to ask everyone to fill out a survey 

This
30t6p3b.gif

I have noticed this on several occasions. Not just for the Yeezy's, but for other releases in general.

there used to be a non flash nike .. i used it when the db6 came out.. but someone said that it was no longer available... not sure...
but in my case i was able all the way to paypal enter my password confirm payment n got back to nike website...
man i hit that place order button all smiling n @*%.. thinking i was going to have a good night of sleep loool
boy was i wrong... it keeps givn me sme type of error about the sz 12 being sold out.. i even changed method of payment using my cc the 3rd and 4th tme nothing///
m like cool i ve got 48 hrs.... pfffffff

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Stop asking if you should take this or take that your an adult if the price sounds good to you then take it, no need to ask everyone to fill out a survey 
Doesn't hurt to ask for a second opinion. No need to get hostile little things.

Originally Posted by Juaninzze

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Originally Posted by kennyisdead911

This is what I got on my screen. Every once and a while, it will also show the plats as an option..you can click it and it loads but still can't add anything to cart. You notice there are no 12's? Think it means anything? Like all the Solar size 12's actually made it out? 
Those links don't work for me, takes me the page but says product not available or is no longer available. 
frown.gif

Guess this a question for computer science majors but why do certain url's work for some and not for others. Moreover, how does the site crash for me immediately as I proceed to checkout but others made it through before the crash? I selected my size for the Plat's only as soon as the link dropped, definitely under 30 seconds or so. 

Frustrating, I really thought the stars were aligned for me considering the other great things that happened for me this weekend 
mad.gif
. I was going to rock these all summer.... I've been on NT since 2000 and a consumer of Nike since 97, where art thou sneaker gods 
nerd.gif
I know the reason why its showing. I pulled it up and its there just can't add to cart i have a guess why too but i cant share -- also dont know if they page will be valid to add to cart if they return to stock they might make a new page and this will still show out of stock. To answer the question about the why the site crashed -- Simple the servers couldnt handle the traffic. When you type in nike.com a request is made to a server to send you the information you requested. When 2 many requests are made the server gets jammed up and times-out aka white page/lagging -- To offset the jamming nike routed most of the people to a maintenance page making your transaction void. When you refreshed you also might lost your loading place in line which brings me to the checkout part.

For nike to place a hold on your sneakers you need to be at STEP 2 of the checkout (PAYMENT OPTION AFTER CLICKING THE NEXT BUTTON) that means hitting the next button at the shipping information @ step 1-- Many people got to the shipping information and got jammed up cause of the server lagg when they went to the payment screen which means -- YOU DO NOT HAVE A HOLD because the server didn't get your info so what your seeing in your cart isnt really there cause the server never got a hold place request -- So when you got to your cart after everything was cool the sneakers were removed cause according to the server you never got to STEP 2 cause of the lagg and timeouts-- NIKE DIDNT REMOVE YOUR SNEAKERS the server never got the info that you made it to the checkout payment part. People that got to the payment screen because they either reloaded or it just went through for them with no routed maintenance screen -- are the ones that have a hold.

I don't know what nike will do with the rest of the sneakers they have -- im sure there are some stuck in limbo and either will be restocked back to the site or nike will just pull everything and ship to stores. I hope they do the NDC but just by them pulling the link i doubt it.

Hope that helped some of you guys understand why your sneakers were not in the cart. Me for 1 was confused i thought after you got to the checkout page STEP 1 you got your pair held -- sadly not the case.

SO ARE YOU SAYING THAT EVEN IF YOU MADE IT TO THE STEP 2 PAYMENT SCREEN, YOU STILL WON'T HAVE A HOLD?

WHEN THE LINK WENT UP I CLICKED IT, ADDED A 10.5 TO MY CART, CLICKED ON CHECKOUT, GOT TO THE STEP 1 SHIPPING PAGE, THEN CLICKED NEXT TO GET TO THE STEP 2 PAYMENT PAGE. I WAS ABLE TO DO ALL THIS WITHOUT ANY ISSUES. AFTER ENTERING MY CREDIT CARD INFO I HIT PROCEED AND THEN THE SITE CRASHED ON ME. ISN'T STEP 2 WHERE THE HOLD SHOULD BE? ALSO, THERE WERE PEOPLE WHO MADE IT TO STEP 3 AND THE SHOES WERE STILL REMOVED.

I DID ALL THIS LOGGED INTO MY ACCOUNT ON MY IPAD BY THE WAY. YOU SEEM TO KNOW  A GOOD AMOUNT ABOUT HOW THIS WORKS. MAYBE YOU CAN ENLIGHTEN SOME OF US.

I think the key to this new system is patience..  Once the site crashes, which it will, just be patient and don't close ANYTHING.  I got way to "click"happy.  Everybody who got them seem to just let the computer do it's thing, mixed with a lot of luck.

I'm sure this has been answered already, but I don't feel like going through 600+ pages, do these run small, big or true?

you should wear them and not continue to ask us what you should do. do whatever you think you should do with them, or feel free to send them to someone who will actually appreciate them and beat them into the ground 
wink.gif

It's called shill bidding. The seller is doing that. Making u believe it is going for that much. SCAMMER!

Juaninzze wrote:

EXACTLY.

Everyone claiming that Nike had removed their pair from the cart were either:

1. Not logged into the NIKE account WHILE placing the order.

2. Not actually on the PAYMENT screen (Step 2 — not that shipping detail screen)

Some folks also made the mistake of trying to checkout the pair they had in their carts way too quickly. I knew for a fact that the servers were indeed going to go down while I was placing my order so I made sure I kept my screen on STEP 2 the entire time and didn't even bother placing the order which is why my pair were legitimately put on hold.

Just got this e-mail a few hours ago reminding me to complete my order no later than midnight today.

2iswoph.jpg

One thing I noticed when checking out that no one else had mentioned was after I entered my cc info. It would give me a "timed out due to inactivity" error, but once the page came back up someone else's payment info was there. This happened several times. I said F-it and choose the paypal option, then voila!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom