Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I never thought Kanye on Adidas was a bad thing.

I just believe that Nike will be fine without him. And there are a lot of variables that go into them being perfectly fine without Mr. West.

Y-3 is damn near a perfect match for Kanye.
They will most certainly be fine.. but my overarching point in all of this is basically this: I see Kanye leaving and bad-mouthing Nike and Mark Parker as an omen of things to come as far as Nike's status as the clear dominant supplier of sports apparel and footwear in the world.

And tbh, I don't think Kanye will be joining Y-3. That's possible, but I think it's more likely that he has a standalone division alongside Y-3 given that Adidas just axed the SLVR line a couple of days ago.

Holy **** prime. I'm sick of seeing you say the same thing!!!!!! Nobody is arguing nike will not be fine without Kanye. Sorry man. It's frustrating me to see you post that over and over. That wasn't one persons argument and I know because I've been following. Otherwise, you made some great points

.... As you were

Yeah, I never thought Kanye on Adidas was a bad thing.

I just believe that Nike will be fine without him. And there are a lot of variables that go into them being perfectly fine without Mr. West.

Y-3 is damn near a perfect match for Kanye.

They will most certainly be fine.. but my overarching point in all of this is basically this: I see Kanye leaving and bad-mouthing Nike and Mark Parker as an omen of things to come as far as Nike's status as the clear dominant supplier of sports apparel and footwear in the world.

And tbh, I don't think Kanye will be joining Y-3. That's possible, but I think it's more likely that he has a standalone division alongside Y-3 given that Adidas just axed the SLVR line a couple of days ago.
They've been trying to build that high-fashion thing for a while now, but the Y3 and SLVR things never really hit. They'd be able to go all in with Ye. It would immediately be successful, the question is just how lasting that success will be.

That would be the difference. Nike wasn't willing to go all in with him, they seemed more like they wanted to keep him at bay. They never even used his image, I don't think. I'm sure we'll be seeing Kanye posters all over adidas stores.

Last edited:
Kanye is influential, but not that influential. I agree it sets a bad precedent and example, but it's not necessarily a bad omen as to their status. Now if an athlete, who Nike caters to, who they develop supposed cutting edge technology to aid their games, were to leave (say the best basketball player in the world unhappy with his sig shoe)... that would be a bad omen.
I agree, but that's less of an omen and more of a solid factual sign of what's to come. Lol. But I get what you're saying.

All the major companies have competitive technology... what we deem "best" is what the market determines... which is ironically based on marketing more than the product itself. If you ask me, Under Armour has some of the most groundbreaking footwear technology recently with their "Highlight" cleat/trainer.. It appears as if Nike replicated it's design with this latest look at what's supposed to be the Kobe 9.

Kanye has a big influence on 90% of Nike's biggest athlete's.... nobody is denying that. So Kanye being at Adidas just isn't good for them no matter how you cut it... and it could potentially influence other athletes in the future. That's why I see it as a bad omen. It's a big mistake you typically don't see out of Nike.

As much as I love kanye, I think y'all overrated his appeal. The air yeezys have gained a mystique about them being hard to find and super expensive but they aren't a staple nike product. I don't care if they cost 3k on the secondary market, nike doesn't see any of those dollars. If kanye was such a marketing jewel, there has been any air yeezy commercials, no air yeezy billboards like lebron, KD or jordan. Kanye is difficult to work with. The yeezys sell out because they only make 5k of each colorway. Kanye and nike have made history giving a rapper his own nike model. But let not act like of kanye leaves, nike will go out of business. Plenty of big names have left nike and they continue to survive. And nike has some of the biggest names in sports on their roster. Kobe, Lebron, KD which sell millions upon millions of shoes and products for Nike. If lebron were to leave and sign with Adidas, that would be more hurtful than kanye. So what if they look up to kanye for fashion? Oh kanye gone, let me leave my very lucrative nike contract because Ye has left. Do you guys live in the real world?

Wow...y'all thought the nike Yeezy's were expensive. Those Y-3 Yeezy's are gonna be gucci/LV prices. Hell non Yeezy Y-3's are $250-400 retail.

For $500 -$600 I'm buying gucci, Prada...way before Y-3

i have not seen one adidas in years that was one bit appealing.

all of sudden because it has kanye's name on it, it's hot? 

the yeezys are good looking shoes regardless, yall acting like lebrons kobes and kd's dont move.

not to mention foams, the jordans all the hyped up all star releases, agassis, bo jacksons, pennys, paytons, nike is going NOWHERE anytime soon.

you kids are trippin.

How many people do you think will pay $120 for a t-shirt? $300 for a hoodie? Adidas core base will not take to the line and Nikes core supporters will not jump ship.

I agree, but that's less of an omen and more of a solid factual sign of what's to come. Lol. But I get what you're saying.

All the major companies have competitive technology... what we deem "best" is what the market determines... which is ironically based on marketing more than the product itself. If you ask me, Under Armour has some of the most groundbreaking footwear technology recently with their "Highlight" cleat/trainer.. It appears as if Nike replicated it's design with this latest look at what's supposed to be the Kobe 9.

Kanye has a big influence on 90% of Nike's biggest athlete's.... nobody is denying that. So Kanye being at Adidas just isn't good for them no matter how you cut it... and it could potentially influence other athletes in the future. That's why I see it as a bad omen. It's a big mistake you typically don't see out of Nike.

I edited my og post because I sort of confusing myself :lol: but...

Nike not only has the marketing, they just have this deep connection with the sneaker culture. They can make a mistake like this and that connection still won't be shaken. It would take something momentous for that to be dented.

I don't see how Kanye has a big influence on Nike athletes though. Especially enough of an influence to make them second guess their endorsements if he jumps ship. Nike athletes, especially high-level ones, would rather stick to wearing Nike's than boycott the brand or anything like that because their boy left.

Kanye said himself "I just sign my deal like a week and half ago, but it took a major company and I can't say yet."
I don't think, like said previously, that he will join Y-3.
If it's with Adidas, I think he will have his own line. "Not only shoes or t-shirt".

roll.gif
at homies post who got deleted.... DEAD
i totally missed it.

Kanye gets along with designers and creators it's the corporate part he doesn't get along with. if Adidas is gonna let him do what he wants then the hard parts over
There are very few people if any that don't want to work with Kanye musically, but I think fashion wise it would be the same. He is a lil off the wall at times but most designers are. IMO

if his stuff is under the y-3 label (which makes sense) they will pay it
He has been saying for awhile now that he wants to appeal to the middle class and make it affordable for people to buy his products. I think it's the company he collaborates with set the price on his items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom