* Official Nike Air Zoom Generation * Lebrons first Retro - DATE TBA

All I need is just another pair of these...i remember the wheats were just collecting dust at the old wss on venice/normandie...good old days...also that same wss had the azg jacket and also the nike swingman which i grabbed for the lowest, like 20 bucks lol

View media item 2299076

Lebron doesn't need marketing to promote his shoe. He is his own marketing promotion. You see him wear a P.E and everyone wants to I.D a pair in Nike I.D. You see him wear an upcoming colorway and everyone wants to see it in person. Thats why Nike signed him to a lifetime deal because they know they don't need to put money into marketing where they can use that money somewhere else like for example, a Paul George signature model.

Did Michael Jordan need marketing to sell his shoes when he played? Does Michael Jordan need promotions to sell his retros?

Did Kobe Bryant need marketing to promote his shoes?

NOPE.

All that needs to be clarified is what/when retro is releasing and for how much.

Uhh you do realize Nike marketed Jordan more than any other athlete in history, right?

Even Space Jam originally stemmed from commercials with MJ.

Last edited:
White/blacks, if released will sell much better compared to the white/wine which I'll def see at outlets for the low. Interesting to see what nikelab does with his shoe. Possibly vachetta colorway? Grass-fed velveeta soft calf leather from Scandinavia possibly.

Basically the formula is: lebrons x mass production= outlets.

Yeah if (and this is a big "if") Nike wants to build hype for the 14 among the sneaker community, they are better off following Adidas strategy with the UBS and NMDs-sell many, many cws at limited quantity for each release. Hype and the resell market seem to run in tandem but I would also understand if Nike simply wants to sell as many sneakers as possible without worrying about the brand being cool/in style anymore, just release massive GRs until they start hitting the outlets at 50% off (or more).

Last edited:
I'd have to do some digging, but I believe the original run of First Games was limited to 5000.

I tell this story every time the First Games and how they sold are brought up. In MD 3 stores had them I know of and they sat for a while. I brought my first pair on release and a second a week later. I didn't experience the quick sellout people talk about and being so many stores in PG County got them it's hard to believe they only made 5000. Maybe I'm wrong and we just got blessed in PG.

Last edited:
I wonder why we are only getting the "First (Home) Games" and not anything else?

Maybe later in year? Next year?
Editor of SC said two colorways of AZG were coming, so one more should be on the way.  I believe he said same quarter, so should be in the next few months.  

I'd have to do some digging, but I believe the original run of First Games was limited to 5000.

I tell this story every time the First Games and how they sold are brought up. In MD 3 stores had them I know of and they sat for a while. I brought my first pair on release and a second a week later. I didn't experience the quick sellout people talk about and being so many stores in PG County got them it's hard to believe they only made 5000. Maybe I'm wrong and we just got blessed in PG.

Looking back, I didn't have too much difficulty securing my pair either, but times have also changed since 2003.

There was an unofficial number that insiders posted on NT... 5000 sounds right, but like I said, would need to do some digging.

Uhh you do realize Nike marketed Jordan more than any other athlete in history, right?

As a rookie yes they marketed him because Nike was small compared to converse. After the 8, I can't remember any marketing to sell his shoes. Even retros in 1994 sat and sat until they hit clearance. His only marketing after that was his return from baseball.

If there is another colorway coming back soon I think it could be the wheats during all star weekend

The First Games are alright.

I need the White/Black and Black/White to drop.

And co-sign @KingFoamNYC about the IVs needing to retro.

Lebron doesn't need marketing to promote his shoe. He is his own marketing promotion. You see him wear a P.E and everyone wants to I.D a pair in Nike I.D. You see him wear an upcoming colorway and everyone wants to see it in person. Thats why Nike signed him to a lifetime deal because they know they don't need to put money into marketing where they can use that money somewhere else like for example, a Paul George signature model.

Did Michael Jordan need marketing to sell his shoes when he played? Does Michael Jordan need promotions to sell his retros?

Did Kobe Bryant need marketing to promote his shoes?

NOPE.

All that needs to be clarified is what/when retro is releasing and for how much.

Dawg what are you talking about?! Marketing is Nike's bloodline and what they do WELL! Are you not familiar with Mars Blackmon? Are you not familiar with The Lebrons? Are you not familiar with the Kobe x Kanye commercial? Did you not see all the Space Jam marketing that took place in LA and NY and around the world? Did you not see Lebrons come out of nowhere commercial? Did you not see Kobe's conductor commerical? And that's just a snippet past and present of the athletes you named. Have you heard of Wieden+Kennedy? Do you have Twitter or Instagram? Do you see how much product the seed to folks they deem influencers? Nike IS Marketing and they spend BILLIONS on it...just because they're not showing commercials during every break of every game doesn't mean they aren't marketing. Nike is about seizing the moment and those moments are seen by millions i.e. SuperBowl, ASW, etc. So, YES Nike does market and allocate funds to athletes but you are CORRECT by realizing they are putting those funds to athletes like Kyrie and PG because they have way more playing years than Lebron.

Lastly, Nike did NOT sign Lebron to a lifetime deal because of marketing money, they signed him to a lifetime deal because he is currently the greatest player in the world and that is way more valuable to them than *insert name of an upcoming athlete*.

I would probably wear these quite a bit if I had them from '03 but I can't see myself hopping on the wagon now.

But everything used to sit at PG Plaza and Iverson Mall back then. I used to go there months late for big releases and was still able to get my shoes, sometimes on sale.

Dawg what are you talking about?! Marketing is Nike's bloodline and what they do WELL! Are you not familiar with Mars Blackmon? Are you not familiar with The Lebrons? Are you not familiar with the Kobe x Kanye commercial? Did you not see all the Space Jam marketing that took place in LA and NY and around the world? Did you not see Lebrons come out of nowhere commercial? Did you not see Kobe's conductor commerical? And that's just a snippet past and present of the athletes you named. Have you heard of Wieden+Kennedy? Do you have Twitter or Instagram? Do you see how much product the seed to folks they deem influencers? Nike IS Marketing and they spend BILLIONS on it...just because they're not showing commercials during every break of every game doesn't mean they aren't marketing. Nike is about seizing the moment and those moments are seen by millions i.e. SuperBowl, ASW, etc. So, YES Nike does market and allocate funds to athletes but you are CORRECT by realizing they are putting those funds to athletes like Kyrie and PG because they have way more playing years than Lebron.

Lastly, Nike did NOT sign Lebron to a lifetime deal because of marketing money, they signed him to a lifetime deal because he is currently the greatest player in the world and that is way more valuable to them than *insert name of an upcoming athlete*.

You quoted the wrong poster-I was correcting him that Nike spent a literal crapton of money on MJ back when he was still playing... Weird how people look at the past with revisionist history.

All I need is just another pair of these...i remember the wheats were just collecting dust at the old wss on venice/normandie...good old days...also that same wss had the azg jacket and also the nike swingman which i grabbed for the lowest, like 20 bucks lol
These were the most comfortable shoes I've ever played in.  I just didn't like the colorway.  I wanted the white/blacks, but I waited months after the initial release and my local spots were sold out.  That's how I ended up with this pair.

Loved them on court because they were so light.

Always wanted the first games and hope they will be easy to pick up

I'm in for all og color ways. I was a broke freshman in college when these dropped the first time

Only question.... how in the hell is the retro and the new model priced the same :lol:

Last edited:

You quoted the wrong poster-I was correcting him that Nike spent a literal crapton of money on MJ back when he was still playing... Weird how people look at the past with revisionist history.

Yea my bad i was too lazy to dig up his post but it was directed @aj11fan and yep it's just a lack of knowledge!

Back
Top Bottom