Votes: 135 26.4%
  • Home (Pure Platinum)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Why do you need sneaker reviews to confirm your decision? Go to the store like people used to and try the shoe on. Most of the people in this thread aren't using these to play ball anyway.

For those that have military access, the NEX (Navy Exchange) had the Seat Pleasant for $99.99 with 10% off so total was $89.99.  At that price I picked up (2) size 13 to add to the collection of Bamboo, and Meteorology.  I only need the Preheats now!  But refuse to pay rape.

Its just nice to get a look at how it balls ..if its available to see how it performs over time why not utilize that? ..you only get so much from trying it on in a store...

Hmm, I think it'd be really cool if they did a meterology pack with a bunch of different weather related colorways and release them throughout the year. I think KD would love that too

Hmm, I think it'd be really cool if they did a meterology pack with a bunch of different weather related colorways and release them throughout the year. I think KD would love that too
I would like that a lot more than those weatherman foams and the thermal map foams that are releasing this year

My Bamboos will be here today... I will take some detailed pictures as soon as I get home from work. 

Finally was able to track down a pair of preheats in a 9.5 for a good price. Can't wait for these bad boys to get here.

Its just nice to get a look at how it balls ..if its available to see how it performs over time why not utilize that? ..you only get so much from trying it on in a store...
Been wearing mine for about two and a half weeks now, playing about five times a week. I tend to gravitate towards a low top, but had been playing in Lebron Xs since March after messing up an ankle. I have been really impressed with the KD VI. The zoom feels more pronounced than in the KD V, and the lockdown is phenomenal. Absolutely no slippage in the heel area (a problem I've had even in the Lebrons). The traction is solid on a fairly clean surface, but you might have a bit of an issue on dustier courts. Some people have complained about the lacing system cutting into the ankle, but I haven't had that issue at all. My only complaint would be that the forefoot of the shoe feels like it stretches out a little after playing awhile, taking away from the glove-like feel I want in a shoe (especially a low top). Mine haven't scuffed at all (a worry I had about playing in a yellow shoe), but another guy I play with has scuffed a lot of the teal paint off of the heel of his (above the visible air max unit), revealing the yellow midsole underneath. I love playing in the shoe, because it's super responsive and the heel lockdown is excellent; however, there are drawbacks. I worry about the durability of the lacing system (watch Nightwing's video review), and the ventilation is not very good. They wrinkle/crease quickly, which may or may not be something you care about (I don't when it comes to a shoe on court). All of that said, the shoe is responsive to all cuts, and the zoom unit is consistently springy and plush in the forefoot on each jump shot (without being too springy like some feel the Lebron X is). The KD VI meets my must haves in a shoe, as it locks down the heel and provides excellent cushioning/responsiveness in the forefoot. I'll continue using it for as long as that weird eyelet rope system holds up. Hope this helps, man.

Back
Top Bottom