Votes: 135 26.4%
  • Home (Pure Platinum)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Picked these up today for retail at a certain known Nike retailer (not a mom and pop). I'm not sure if homegirl didn't know that they don't release for 2 weeks or didn't care. But they were on the shelf so I copped and asked no questions. Actually I asked if I could buy more than 1 and she said no but she said if i come back i can get more.

I'm very pleased.

I'll take more pics after work.
They look pretty nice, but not something I could wear. I don't think I own any green shoes lol.

my first and probably only pair of VI's.  definitely a strange shoe, and i haven't been a fan of the silhouette, its just something about this colorway i really like the way they look.  

I played 8-10 games in them and can't wait to get back on court with them.

Of course people have different preferences, but I thought the traction was great after wiping.  I have to wipe every shoe I have where I play, from Adidas Rose 3's to Nike Hyperdunks to CP3 VI's.

I didn't have any problems with fit or support and felt completely secure for the entire time I played in them.  I felt confident moving full speed in all directions.  But I'm used to playing in lows and would take a good low over a good mid any day of the week.

Now I do think there is room for improvement, but it would be a tradeoff.  This shoe to me is built for speed and cushioning, it's ultra-minimal with forefoot and heel air.  So you get a shoe that acts like a second skin with solid cushioning throughout.  The tongue is super thin and the laces are going to dig in eventually, but that won't happen for several games at least.  That also happens with every shoe I have, it's bound to happen when playing 3-4 hours at a time.
Yup, same observations here.Early this year, I've been playing in the Vs, and there is a noticeable difference between them and the VI. Not sure if it's just me, but I noticed a better forefoot response with the VI, better lateral movements like you're not wearing a shoe at all. I once slipped up because of a miscalculated jump so I stepped my left leg backward and the zoom was able to absorb the impact.Overall, I prefer playing in the VI. I sometimes play 3 or 4 on the court.Imho, the only KD line that has a better lockdown on it is the II's.

Last edited:
I asked JM last week and be said 10/19/13. Speaking of JM and release dates, JM do you have release information on the grey/mint/black and orange/green glows
Thanks for the info. Wish they would release more than 1 Pair a month though.

These fit a little narrow in the toebox for me while the Vs are a little tighter in the forefoot before breaking them in.

For $140 ($180 in australia) performance wise it's not there. Kd should keep them under 100 if its just about the looks. Atleast kobe's 8 perform we'll and look good

I wore my kd vi for 2 hrs today and they have a horizontal crease across from the toe swoosh....should I wear thicker socks to get rid of this crease? It doesn't come from foot flection because I can't walk at all. Also, the all black kd is hot as hell in the sun.

Picked these up today for retail at a certain known Nike retailer (not a mom and pop). I'm not sure if homegirl didn't know that they don't release for 2 weeks or didn't care. But they were on the shelf so I copped and asked no questions. Actually I asked if I could buy more than 1 and she said no but she said if i come back i can get more.

I'm very pleased.

I'll take more pics after work.

View media item 559645

probably will be an impulse buy for me.
I always read stories like these on here and wonder how I never luck out like this.
Nt has the luckiest dudes around.

Picked these up Saturday. Over retail but under what they're going for on ebay.

Happy with em.

October 19th can't come sooner
View media item 562417My favorite colorway out of the 11 we've seen so far.
My list
1. Pb & j
2. NYC 66
3. Bamboos
4. Meteorology
5. Pre heat
6. Orange/green glow
7. Seat pleasants
8. Purple
9. N7
10. grey/ black /mint
11.Aways

Last edited:
Out of Upcoming

1. N7

2. Mint/Gold

3. PB&J

4. Mint Speckle

5. Bamboo

Probably only copping 1 & 2

But i'll have to see those pb &j's in person

Still no release date on the grey/gold/mint? **** they're probably gonna be limited then? :smh: Only pair I'm looking to cop man.

If you're talking about the Gamma Blue/Gold/Grey pair, color code 400 the release date is 11/29

Also:
Black/Green Glow/Urban Orange, 10/10

AWAY
Black/Metallic Silver/Team Orange/Photo Blue, 10/31

Last edited:
October 19th can't come sooner

My favorite colorway out of the 11 we've seen so far.
My list
1. Pb & j
2. NYC 66
3. Bamboos
4. Meteorology
5. Pre heat
6. Orange/green glow
7. Seat pleasants
8. Purple
9. N7
10. grey/ black /mint
11.Aways
PBJs Looking Like Fire.

My List

1. PBJ

2. NYC 66

3. Seat Pleasant

4. Nerf (Purple colorway)

5. N7

6. Bamboo

7. Mint Grey

8. Meterology

9. Halloween (Other Orange Colorway)

10. Aways

11. Pre-Heat

If you're talking about the Gamma Blue/Gold/Grey pair, color code 400 the release date is 11/29

Also:
Black/Green Glow/Urban Orange, 10/10

AWAY
Black/Metallic Silver/Team Orange/Photo Blue, 10/31
So nike releasing these on a Friday and Thursday? I'm not with these weekday releases well at least until I finally get my license.

Last edited:
So nike releasing these on a Friday and Thursday? I'm not with these weekday releases well at least until I finally get my license.

Oddly enough I didn't even look at what those days actually were on the Calendar. Just saw the dates on my release schedule. Nike has been doing some odd things of late. Two new AF 1's colorways had release dates for today, Sunday. Kinda odd I think...

Back
Top Bottom