Official Nike Kyrie IV Thread

20171230075811.jpg

20171230075810.jpg

20171230075809.jpg

20171230075812.jpg

20171230075808.jpg

Those look really good there, but I’m gonna try and hold out from buying any 4s for a while. Did it with the 3s even though I liked a bunch. One pair will be enough and I’ll wait for the pair of 4s as good as the mamba 3s. There will be one eventually.

They are definitely shorter lengthwise.
I would like a 12.5 in future colourways but like you said there is no .5 after 11.5.

I think the problem is the heel. It's way too sculpted. You have to kick your heel back into the shoe and lace them up tight and the length seems normal (like past kyries). But I'm mostly wearing them for casual use. So without the tighter midfoot (again, from past kyrie models), my narrow foot moves forward just enough for my big toe to feel that heavy nylon, mesh, and suede on my big toe.

It's not even a half size, it's like a quarter size short. Hopefully they break in a little bit. These fit very similar to the Air Tech Challenge II IMO.

Those look really good there, but I’m gonna try and hold out from buying any 4s for a while. Did it with the 3s even though I liked a bunch. One pair will be enough and I’ll wait for the pair of 4s as good as the mamba 3s. There will be one eventually.
This is what i'm on

I think PE’s in general kind of kill the aura of the signature shoe. Too many variations and colorways.

I loved the Jordan, and pre 2013 era of LeBron / Kobe sigs. Sure they’d have PEs on occasion but they were primarily wearing a core line of sigs that the public could buy and wear. Home / Away / Alternate and Playoff or even Playoff tweaked edition of shoes which I thought was brilliant.

Instead now it’s just guys in a signature model rarely wearing the retail colorways.

With that said Kyrie line doesn’t need flamboyant colorways. It’s a bigger testament to a quality design if they catch your attention with simpler or more subtle colorways.

I think PE’s in general kind of kill the aura of the signature shoe. Too many variations and colorways.

I loved the Jordan, and pre 2013 era of LeBron / Kobe sigs. Sure they’d have PEs on occasion but they were primarily wearing a core line of sigs that the public could buy and wear. Home / Away / Alternate and Playoff or even Playoff tweaked edition of shoes which I thought was brilliant.

Instead now it’s just guys in a signature model rarely wearing the retail colorways.

With that said Kyrie line doesn’t need flamboyant colorways. It’s a bigger testament to a quality design if they catch your attention with simpler or more subtle colorways.
But the good majority of colorways they do release are way too simple. Most of the time they look like they could be made on ID.

But the good majority of colorways they do release are way too simple. Most of the time they look like they could be made on ID.
I mean you can make the crazy ones or something similar on ID typically as well.

There’s nothing wrong with simplicity and versatile colorways. They just released some hideous purple and neon versions of these LOL

Either way you cut it ... IDs and PEs both kind of kill the aura, specialty and fan attachment to the retail signature shoe of a player.

You see MJ fans refer to the “Flu Games” ... you could buy those and feel attached to the iconic moment in sports history and the attainable shoe. He wasn’t wearing some super exclusive, never to be seen or bought pair of hyper colored and obnoxious shoes.

Kyries sell best for Nike because his game is absurdly sexy and his shoes don’t cost an arm and a leg.

Seems a lot of you just want super flamboyant color ways. IMO these were the sickest pair he wore last year, and the colors are basic but the implementation is what sets them off.

398C870B-6AB5-4C87-B18B-5136B0D7BA5E.jpeg

Exactly. And it’s insulting to the paying customer

I’m all for x player having exclusive colorways for his family, friends etc. but damn out of all the PE’s they get, the public can’t get a few of those?

I mean you can make the crazy ones or something similar on ID typically as well.

There’s nothing wrong with simplicity and versatile colorways. They just released some hideous purple and neon versions of these LOL

Either way you cut it ... IDs and PEs both kind of kill the aura, specialty and fan attachment to the retail signature shoe of a player.

You see MJ fans refer to the “Flu Games” ... you could buy those and feel attached to the iconic moment in sports history and the attainable shoe. He wasn’t wearing some super exclusive, never to be seen or bought pair of hyper colored and obnoxious shoes.

Kyries sell best for Nike because his game is absurdly sexy and his shoes don’t cost an arm and a leg.

Seems a lot of you just want super flamboyant color ways. IMO these were the sickest pair he wore last year, and the colors are basic but the implementation is what sets them off.

398C870B-6AB5-4C87-B18B-5136B0D7BA5E.jpeg
These are a different case. I wouldn't mind buying these but a lot of the colorways on the 3s are TRASH and there is no denying it. Several all black and white colorways which are just basic and unimaginative.

Back
Top Bottom