OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
I am just really baffled by Nike's move away from the Racer and Trainer. They had an incredibly lightweight upper paired with a responsive cushioning technology, absolutely endless colorways, and a massive following.

They could have updated the cushioning to React, Zoom X, or even a thin, encapsulated Zoom Air unit and kept doing the MC colorways and other stuff.

Turquoise FL1 X Pegasus Trail 2 Hybrids (by GOVRN) for work today

IMG_2491.jpeg

I am just really baffled by Nike's move away from the Racer and Trainer. They had an incredibly lightweight upper paired with a responsive cushioning technology, absolutely endless colorways, and a massive following.

They could have updated the cushioning to React, Zoom X, or even a thin, encapsulated Zoom Air unit and kept doing the MC colorways and other stuff.
was the following really that big? you'd think the retros would have flown off shelves if that was the case.

was the following really that big? you'd think the retros would have flown off shelves if that was the case.
Initially it was a fairly decent following, but there were a few factors at play:

-Flyknit was brand new with these being the first models
-HTM releases you couldn’t get without pressing the bank
-Olympics in 2012 with podium finishers wearing volt trainers
-Limited store release(it was like a goose chase finding stores with pairs & colors yiu wanted if you didn’t order from NDC, you couldn’t go to Footlocker or Finish Line for them)
-Colors being released we’re getting more bright, bold & vibrant at a time when other models weren’t always coming with the same energy

It was a good mix of style, comfort, hype & timing. They definitely weren’t my favorite pairs to run in but they did the job ok enough for me to be satisfied, but innovation left them behind.

And now they don’t have any other variables to stand on.

Sadly, the market just wasn't there.

Most colorways sat and sold for heavy discounts.

Nike doesn't seem to be really comfortable with stuff that doesn't sell out instantly. We spoiled them and now, we pay the price.

Imo

You do make a good point, although I don't remember what CW's they released, I don't recall them being the good ones, but I could be wrong. Either way, I miss having a stable of them available at a decent price point.

I used to be part of a secret/hidden Facebook group for -racers-

I unfortunately left the group a while back, but would like to be re-added. Please message me.

Attachments

• IMG_1899.jpeg
    IMG_1899.jpeg
    576.5 KB · Views: 53
Imagine if instead of sticking an air max sole on the racer, they would have put the lunar sole. I know they would have moved units.

Last edited:
Has anyone painted the tongue of a FKR or FKT? How’d it come out and how’d it hold up?

Got the angelus paint with fabric additive (used it to touch up the swoosh on some FKTs, after they faded in a wash cycle). Not sure if painting the whole tongue would F them up tho

Repaint midsole on the 2012s still holding up nicely

4D22E4AD-951C-4816-A5FF-929685E07CBC.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone painted the tongue of a FKR or FKT? How’d it come out and how’d it hold up?

Got the angelus paint with fabric additive (used it to touch up the swoosh on some FKTs, after they faded in a wash cycle). Not sure if painting the whole tongue would F them up tho

Repaint midsole on the 2012s still holding up nicely

4D22E4AD-951C-4816-A5FF-929685E07CBC.jpeg

I’ve just swapped the tongues. There’s a dude near my house who does it for $10 a pair.

IMG_7783.jpeg

IMG_8064.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom