OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
Anybody have any issues with like purple-ish/black marks on the white medial side of the B/Ws? It almost looks like the black flyknit threads bled through onto the white in a couple spots. I tried cleaning it with shoe cleaner and a little bleach, but nothing seemed to work. Ended up taking a white paint pen to it and you can't even tell, but still pretty annoying to have to do on brand new shoes. If the shoes were readily available, I would've taken them back to FTL for an exchange.
mean.gif

Anybody have any issues with like purple-ish/black marks on the white medial side of the B/Ws? It almost looks like the black flyknit threads bled through onto the white in a couple spots. I tried cleaning it with shoe cleaner and a little bleach, but nothing seemed to work. Ended up taking a white paint pen to it and you can't even tell, but still pretty annoying to have to do on brand new shoes. If the shoes were readily available, I would've taken them back to FTL for an exchange.
mean.gif
Yes, this same thing happened to my Kobe Beethovens. Seems like a recurring issue for B/W Flyknit material. The black material seems to bleed easily. 

mean.gif
Yes, this same thing happened to my Kobe Beethovens. Seems like a recurring issue for B/W Flyknit material. The black material seems to bleed easily. 
I wonder if this is from the glue they use on the thread or the flywire as they're threading it to glue it to the sole?  I cant imagine it being from the dye of the thread 
nerd.gif

mean.gif

I wonder if this is from the glue they use on the thread or the flywire as they're threading it to glue it to the sole?  I cant imagine it being from the dye of the thread 
nerd.gif
You may be right. I only had 2 spots and they both appear to be at the base of the shoe where the threading was glued. Maybe the hot glue makes the black thread bleed..?? Like I said, almost unnoticeable when I used the fine tip white paint pen to cover it. Think I may have a chat with Nike and at least try to get a promo code out of it. I'm just wondering if I'll have any luck since I ordered them through FTL. Can't hurt to try
eyes.gif

You may be right. I only had 2 spots and they both appear to be at the base of the shoe where the threading was glued. Maybe the hot glue makes the black thread bleed..?? Like I said, almost unnoticeable when I used the fine tip white paint pen to cover it. Think I may have a chat with Nike and at least try to get a promo code out of it. I'm just wondering if I'll have any luck since I ordered them through FTL. Can't hurt to try
eyes.gif
Nike will ask for your order number. Just a heads up.

As for the bleeding, its on the top part of the toe box on my Beethovens. I haven't tried anything to fix it since (more times than not) that ends up making it worse.

If it is the glue, I wonder why it hasn't been an issue on the lateral side of the white/black/volts from this past summer. Weird.

Last edited:
eyes.gif
Yea, that's what I am thinking. I dont think they would use thread with dye that hasnt set or dried yet...Nike should be able to send you a code since it is manufacturer issue.  They would suggest to replace them but since the item isnt in stock, I can't imagine they would say no. 

If someone is willing to PM me the "back door method" to order the B/W flyknit, I would greatly appreciate it. I already got mine, but this is ALL my wife wants for Valentine's Day, so I would be forever grateful if anyone can help me.  Thanks!  P.S. I am not real tech savvy, so I would have no way to figure this out on my own.   

If someone is willing to PM me the "back door method" to order the B/W flyknit, I would greatly appreciate it. I already got mine, but this is ALL my wife wants for Valentine's Day, so I would be forever grateful if anyone can help me.  Thanks!  P.S. I am not real tech savvy, so I would have no way to figure this out on my own. 
sent

Nike will ask for your order number. Just a heads up.

As for the bleeding, its on the top part of the toe box on my Beethovens. I haven't tried anything to fix it since (more times than not) that ends up making it worse.

If it is the glue, I wonder why it hasn't been an issue on the lateral side of the white/black/volts from this past summer. Weird.
Appreciate the info. But like flores0206 said, it's a manufacturing issue so perhaps Nike will cave even though I ordered through FTL. I'd recommend a fine tip white paint pen if it bothers you on your pair. It seems to do the trick. My only concern is throwing them in the washer down the road, but I don't think it should be an issue. 

I am also wondering if someone could pm me the "backdoor method." All help is appreciated as this would be my first pair of racers. Thanks in advance.

waits for next 3 pages to be full of people asking for PMs....

if only we had a search function :tongue:

for all thosse asking for the NDC backdoor method, please take the time to go back a couple days as it was already posted for everyone

For everyone asking for a PM it's back on page 1318 via 

Below is a ATC link for a size 14 in the B/W Racers

[URL]http://store.nike.com/nikestore/ada/services/cartService.xml?callback=nike_Cart_hanleJCartResponse&action=addItem&siteId=4&lang_locale=en_US&country=US&catalogId=1&productId=10191917&passcode=&displaySize=14&skuSize=11468925&qty=1

^ size                 ^sku value

simply go to your nike.com cart to see the shoes.
[/URL]
How do you find the sku value?

everyone really really wants them, though :lol:

just not enough to put any work in

that backdoor method won't even work though if Nike doesn't have stock loaded online (even though not showing on the website). So people still have to sit and wait

Back
Top Bottom