OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
I kinda say the same about dudes playing in retros though :lol:

I know if those dudes read this they would take offense but unless you got special insoles aint no way a legit baller playing in those.

wore my FR IV's for two pick up games a year or two back since I wasn't planning on it. Probably the worst idea I ever had and I never complain about comfort
Depends on what retro tbh. I play in 12s and 13s and the cushioning is good enough for me. 1-8 is terrible for impact protection tho.

4s :lol:

I wore my WC III those hurt like a ***** too

It is funny/interesting you say that. I am not doubting it since I have never played in a Retro Jordan, but I consider the Jordan III to be a very comfy shoe casually, and the IV is very similar, but I never worked out, ran, or played ball in them. Was it just the heel to toe transitions when going up the court or cutting in them?

Never said I was good

I mean if I see a dude in some running shoes chances are he's there to just shoot jumpers, pass, or the complete opposite and end up spraining his damn ankles.

Burlington, Marshalls, and Ross always have good bball kicks for around $40. Would rather wait to shell out that loot, or play light on the real.
I kinda say the same about dudes playing in retros though :lol:

I know if those dudes read this they would take offense but unless you got special insoles aint no way a legit baller playing in those.

wore my FR IV's for two pick up games a year or two back since I wasn't planning on it. Probably the worst idea I ever had and I never complain about comfort

Only retros I balled in are the french 12 because I scuffed them walking around already. Very uncomfortable on the toe, other than that everything else wasn't too bad tho.
The AF1 jordan 9, and Jordan 20's I played in religiously tho and are awesome.

Comparing my MC trainers to like 7 different pairs of racers..sizing is the same for me.

Racers are just thin and flimsier than the trainers. I personally think trainers are more comfortable.

Comparing my MC trainers to like 7 different pairs of racers..sizing is the same for me.

Racers are just thin and flimsier than the trainers. I personally think trainers are more comfortable.

Wore my trainers yesterday. I'd also rate them more comfier than the racers. Between the 3, I'd rate the trainers, then the mariah's then the racers in terms of comfort.

I've been lazy AF for the past two months. Give me two weeks to get back to my sub7 pace.
17-8-07.JPG

decided to check out this thread on mobile where I wasn't signed in... clicked on thread and saw a bunch of catalog pics of the flyknit htms with the lunar sole... got so hyped, heart started beating, thought they were rereleasing until I realized I was on the first page which was from like 2012 :rofl::stoneface:

Picked up a pair of the white/black Trainers at the mall from a reseller who has one of those kiosk/stands in the middle of the concourse (got him down to $210). IMO, these are fantastic and worth the hype. Back when flyknit was a novelty, I didn't buy any Racers or Trainers. I was a Kobe 9 and Chukka person in the earlier days of flyknit. I purchased pairs of Racers only after they became a 'thing' and Trainers were being put to the side. I don't understand why some preferred the Racers over Trainers? The Trainers are a far better everyday sneaker. They make the Racers seem cheap; like they're made of paper. The flyknit on the Trainer is much thicker and seems durable. The toe box seems a little less pointed, and the soles and heel seem much wider, and more stable. When they were out a couple years ago, I loved the flyknit NSWs (which were heavily slept on), and still have 4 colorways of those. Wolf grey 599459-002 was my go-to (so much so I tripled-up and remember the product code). They were basically low top flyknit chukkas. The Trainers are even better. I really hope Nike releases a lot of colorways of the Trainer this go-around. Now I'm going to have to at least double-up on these white/blacks. I even want those pink ones now.

BTW. I would definitely say TTS, and I'm very picky with size with an average to slightly narrow foot.

Last edited:
Picked up a pair of the white/black Trainers at the mall from a reseller who has one of those kiosk/stands in the middle of the concourse (got him down to $210). IMO, these are fantastic and worth the hype. Back when flyknit was a novelty, I didn't buy any Racers or Trainers. I was a Kobe 9 and Chukka person in the earlier days of flyknit. I purchased pairs of Racers only after they became a 'thing' and Trainers were being put to the side. I don't understand why some preferred the Racers over Trainers? The Trainers are a far better everyday sneaker. They make the Racers seem cheap; like they're made of paper. The flyknit on the Trainer is much thicker and seems durable. The toe box seems a little less pointed, and the soles and heel seem much wider, and more stable. When they were out a couple years ago, I loved the flyknit NSWs (which were heavily slept on), and still have 4 colorways of those. Wolf grey 599459-002 was my go-to (so much so I tripled-up and remember the product code). They were basically low top flyknit chukkas. The Trainers are even better. I really hope Nike releases a lot of colorways of the Trainer this go-around. Now I'm going to have to at least double-up on these white/blacks. I even want those pink ones now.

BTW. I would definitely say TTS, and I'm very picky with size with an average to slightly narrow foot.

Nice pickup, congrats :pimp:. Curious, what size do you wear in your racers compared to the size you got in these trainers? Same or different?

Nice pickup, congrats :pimp:. Curious, what size do you wear in your racers compared to the size you got in these trainers? Same or different?

Same as Racers. I'm confident for most people, it will be the same. If anything, the Trainer seems just at little bit wider. For me, when I tie Racers, the shoelace eyelets get a little further apart towards the top of the tongue. On these Trainers, when tied, the eyelets seem to be the same width apart from bottom of the of tongue to top.

Some people I see wearing Racers. The look like stuffed sausage casings.

Last edited:
Same as Racers. I'm confident for most people, it will be the same. If anything, the Trainer seems just at little bit wider. For me, when I tie Racers, the shoelace eyelets get a little further apart towards the top of the tongue. On these Trainers, when tied, the eyelets seem to be the same width apart from bottom of the of tongue to top.

Some people I see wearing Racers. The look like stuffed sausage casings.

:lol: thanks for the response. I appreciate that. Will copp same size I wear in racers.

IMO, they're being really lazy with the cws. I want to see the reverse knit (going from light to dark starting from the toe). Until then I'll continue to sleep on the trainers. Racers >>>

Seeing the Pale Grey kinda confirms for me that the White/Blacks are going to be just as limited here as overseas. It's the classic Nike scenario of the white/blacks being limited, and the grey being the consolation prize that's more of a GR. Which is OK with me, because those Pale Greys are great. The white/blacks will get dirty looking at them. Greys are a little more practical.

I also like the dark toe boxes. Again, practical. My favorite chukka is the pale grey/gold/black 'Gold Medal.' Had to triple up over the past couple years via resale because the light colored flyknit toe boxes get beat, but the rest of the shoe holds up very well looks wise. If you plan on wearing the h**l out of your sneakers like I do, I always prefer the darker knit up front.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom