OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom Kobe III Post. MVP SHOE DONE..USA MAYBE?

I agree with this guy ^
TEAM FILTHYFRESH​
Team Negrodamus​

**Check out my ebay Auctions Ebay: Zeus2321***

I just hope Nike makes a a box for these $130 price range for a sig sneaker I think it should be done by now SMH at this man having four sigs basically and we get the crappy orange box that falls apart.

V
"A shoe is a shoe until is sole is finally released" by Vulkan The Krusader

Zeus thanks for the reply. I'm new to this forum but not to the culture. V can vouch for me as I am an avid Kobe collector as well.

As V said, Nike needs to package the AZKIII in its own box. Reason being well we're at his "third" sig and no box, Lebron had a box by the LBJII. The AZKIII is technically the AZKV (2k4 was slated as the AZK1 and 2K5 was slated as AZKII), so it's about time Nike packaged the best player in the league properly. There's no excuse, the 2K4-AZK1 had a Kobe box in Asia, so Nike has a box, c'mon Nike, Just Do It!

As stated in other thread they feel amazing. Ultra light and very comfortable. I am getting them for sure, as soon as they reach bottom price on sales. I know they will end up on sales racks, since average consumer simply won't buy them.

Paix
c.
Join The Clones

Everything goes on sale I dont really care what price you get them at either Free or $130 but If you love a shoe you cop.

WHAT IF KOBE SPRAINS HIS ANKLE DURING CHRISTMAS GAME DAY? WILL HE HAVE TO STICK TO THE 3'S IF HE SOMEHOW COMPLAINS ABOUT THE SHOE?
NIKE Talking Since
'94

Kobe already has worn these plenty(in private of course) he absolutely loves them.

this is odd i couldve swore i post in here before but i cant find my post...well anyway from the piks they look aaight...like some i waiting to see more piks and get a review from Mr.Hoyle...but ima still gonna score em regardless :wink:
wink.gif
Team Philippines
IMELDA WAS THE ORIGINAL SHOE HEAD..& STILL IS.
TEAM XBOX360
.:GAMERTAG= diaBlo4tWenT:.​

Man, like every other Kobe shoe: The performance here is going to be the best in the shoe game, period. I don't care about a Kobe box or any of that nonsense, I don't really care how other people think these look (and I like the look, btw), because they'll be like an extension of my foot on the court. If you care more about what people think about your shoe or more about how it looks than how it performs, then buy some Lebrons.

And I'll buy it when it drops, probably around 125 if I had to guess. Why is it we need to hear every person complaining about the price for everything? If you can't afford it, go shop at payless or update your resume and get a better job. Don't tell me about waiting for sales or the F&F discount, just go do it and talk about the shoe. [/rant]

These look better with a non-black base color, too. I like that MPLS colorway on page 1 a hell of a lot. It would be even better if the Kobe line started releasing like every other basketball shoe line, at the beginning of the season. Let's get that fixed, Nike.

Quote:
And I'll buy it when it drops, probably around 125 if I had to guess. Why is it we need to hear every person complaining about the price for everything? If you can't afford it, go shop at payless or update your resume and get a better job. Don't tell me about waiting for sales or the F&F discount, just go do it and talk about the shoe. [/rant]
:wow:
eek.gif
SuraEsco: HATE

well in regards to when the shoe drops the market it filled with releases the coincide with others I mean froma business stand point why make yourself competition? putting both sigs head to head would not be smart so disregarding jordan brand stuff Nike needs time to build the marketing plan and time for its product to have some shelf time so I understand why they do this plus you know how back in the day Jordan RD's were.

"Why is it we need to hear every person complaining about the price for everything?"

Outside of pretense, a Basketball shoe does not have to be a buckfiddy a pop, in order to be considered the "best in the shoe game", which leads me to...

"putting both sigs head to head would not be smart so disregarding jordan brand stuff Nike needs time to build the marketing plan and time for its product to have some shelf time so I understand why they do this plus you know how back in the day Jordan RD's were."

If Kobes' shoes are what the 5 or 6 of you say that they are, there shouldn't be a problem with them going head to head with Jordan, correct?

Good doesn't need hype, and great doesn't need ads. If Kobe's shoe IS the best performance shoe, it would not need to be coddled and protected, whenever questioned here on Niketalk.

BASKETBALL IS A BROTHERHOOD

"but alot of the things Kobe does I would never have done."

MJ in GQ

Im not doubting their comfort - but since when does comfort come at the price of PURE UGLINESS??

ZK1 - good looking shoe

ZK2 - great looking shoe

ZK3 - Dont forget to flush the toilet
AT&T U-VERSE - BEST EVER.
YEA THE BABY DANCES, TO THINK...ITS CIRCA OG XII
FOR SALE: BLACK V SZ 13 DS, BLACK CAROLINA 5 SZ 13 VNDS, CAROLINA VI LOW SZ 13 NDS, BLACK BLUE 18 SZ 12 DS. PM ME IF INTERESTED!

If Kobes' shoes are what the 5 or 6 of you say that they are, there shouldn't be a problem with them going head to head with Jordan, correct?

Good doesn't need hype, and great doesn't need ads. If Kobe's shoe IS the best performance shoe, it would not need to be coddled and protected, whenever questioned here on Niketalk.

Prepare for the longest post ever!

I don't think anyone is coddling the performance of the Kobe line at all. In fact, going through and reading sneaker reviews on this and ISS over the lastfew years, it seems to these eyes like more people thought the Kobe line was stronger for on-court wear than any other brand or sig line, Jordan included. Mostpolls show the AZK 1 or Huarache 2K4 as the 1st choice for the majority of people for balling that responded.

But Mr. Jack Johnson, you can't have it both ways. A huge reason Jordan's shoe line caught on so fast was because the league banned his shoes (forcolor issues), thus creating a huge firestorm and media event for it, thus huge hype. Jordan's shoes were like Snoop's album when he was on trial formurder; the public was demanding the product because of the circumstances outside of it. Nike and Jordan both kept up their end of the bargain, Nike keptpushing the envelope and marketing Jordan with posters and TV spots and everything else, and Jordan kept winning. In the smaller nationwidetelevision/media/etc. -set of the 80s - early 90s, the market place was different. Jordan's line had a few colorways, they were released with prettyreliable accessibility, and kids could play in what Mike did. All the other companies were playing catch up to the J line, tech wise and image wise.They've only recently caught up. Jordan had huge hype. You can't deny that advantage to Kobe if you want tocompare them. But, there's more to it than that.

Within the last 10 years or so, the field has evened out performance wise, to the point where Marbury is putting out his kicks with $20 price stickersattached. The game has changed. Since it's not enough anymore just to have what they have, Nike has switched their focus. Js and LRJs are released in smallbatches, with (stupid) chases and hunts necessary to get specific pairs (Chinatown in SF for a pair of Lebron IVs, anyone?) that their player wore for a fewhours one night in the season. Exclusivity is more important. The explosion of cable and internet means that instead of never seeing any other team, you cansee whomever you want anytime. That also means that rather than 4 or 5 shoe choices kids had in 89 for serious on court hype/performance, you have upwards adozen, if not more. Think about it. Back in the day, it was the LA Gear Magic joints or the Jordans, pretty much. Now, you can grab a Kobe, Lebron, Timmy D,Wade, Starbury, Nash, Iverson, Vince, Gilby, etc., and usually you grab the shoes not just because you like the shoe, but because you like the shoe AND theplayer AND the brand. It's a different consumer market, where individual identity is tied into more things and thus buying practices are more subject tooutside influences than before. It was "Be like Mike!" and you bought the new Js and you were. You didn't care that Mike was a sociopath inperson, or an incredibly boring interview or anything outside of that. You watched him play. It's not like that now. People rock the TMacs but talk abouthow he can't win a playoff series, you wear Iversons but people think RBK isn't serious in the shoe game. All of this didn't exist when Jordanbrand came to dominate.

So it's not the same thing. You can't compare success with quality ipso-facto, nor can you demand success as a corrolary to perfomance. In this case,the Kobe line isn't even the best known line within its own brand! It's absurd to ask for incredible success without any sort of support behind it,this is foremost a consumer product that needs to be known by the public at large before it can be purchased. It's why you see hundreds of car commercialsat specific times of the year; companies are rolling out their new models and want people to know about them. The Kobe line hasn't gotten any of that: Ofcourse no one is buying them! It's simple, hype sells shoes.Now, performance sells shoes too, any Kobe line IS selling to those heads. But when people getit twisted - "no one's buying them because the shoes suck!" "if they were good they'd sell out all the time" - they do so becausethey're distorting the truth. Hype sells more shoes than performance does. Cats on this board know both. We're on here to see the hype and see theperformance. But there's 300 million people in this country. The public - the kids in Kansas City, Montanta, wherever, that don't see commercials forKobe or know what his shoe even looks like why would they buy his product?

With me?

(The comparison here is music. Everyone likes their indie or underground artist. Stuff on the radio is never the best music, right? It's just the stuffthat gets the most attention from the media and so forth. Sometimes quiet acts catch on, but the marketplace has a lot of factors. It's more complicatedthan the equation good = big sellers.)

Now, obviously, Kobe being accused of rape was part of his marketability problem. But Nike is still playing it waaaaay too cautious, treating Kobe like aleprous stepchild in the basement. The Lebron line has been very good from an on-court standpoint, but it also sells well because of the huge push NikeMarketing has put behind it: Internet video content, multiple commercials, tee shirts (WITNESS), billboards, multiple shoe releases, different models (Soldier,20.5.5) etc.

Kobe line, then has morphed. Nike is now treating it as an exclusive on court line, selling Kobe gear meant to be worn on court (or warm ups) and focusing onKobe the basketball player. As such, it's been a HUGE success, the 2s (Strengths, Lites included) have been well received among players. Nike is not goingto push Kobe to be the face of their brand, Nike will use the Kobe line to experiment and make better basketball shoes (Compare the Lebron V with the Kobe 3),because they're selling the Lebron to everyone and the Kobe to ballers. That's where the game is now. There are so many niches in the shoe game nowthat the best individual basketball player in the world isn't even the face of his own brand.

Note that I use Nike as an entity there, because it's their choice. If I had my druthers, I'd be putting out Kobe commercials and you wouldn't beable to step on a hardwood floor anywhere in a year without seeing some waffle patterned Kobe kicks on them. But it's not up to us. We defend Kobe'sbrand because it's good. Period. I'd take the Air Zoom Kobe 1 over any other basketball shoe ever made, Jordan line et al. Nothing the Jordan line hasput out since the 2K4 has been as good on court. I'll take any Kobe-Jordan shoe comparison, and you can even include the Adidas line, because as Prof Ksaid, at the time Adidas was pushing the envelope just as hard as anyone (I'll say it right now - from Adidas the Kobe 1, to Kobe 2, 2K4, 2K5, AZK1 AZK2,the Kobes are all better on court than the Jordan 1-6.). I don't think anyone who supports the Kobe line does so because they feel it needs to beprotected, I think the impassion approach is from people who love their product and wishes it would sell well because they like it so much. Again, it'slike music. I'll give you copies of my favorite CD you might never have heard of to try and get my underground group to blow up because I want good ++#$to be popular. But, at the same time, if mainstream society doesn't get it or make it a best seller, it doesn't mean it's an inferior product.

The Jordan line isn't going to head to head with anyone because they're entrenched in the consumer psyche and the market. Jordan is marketing force. Iwon't bet against the J line printing money when it released the 23, but I'll also bet than most of the cats who will wear both will say the Kobe 3plays better.

That's why I'm copping this when it comes out. The Kobe line plays.

(Can't believe you cats read all the way this far. Everything above is IMO. No offense intended to anyone. I had the Kobe diatribe in me for a while,needed a spot to come out)

The performance are probably amazing on these, but the netting is still ugly. Maybe different colors, like something in a bulls colorway...
8bpv593.jpg

Excuse the quick PS job.

good stuff zombiejesus and yes i read the whole thing, one of the few well thought out posts on here.

ZombieJesus well said. That was one of the best post I ever read on Niketalk. But back to the shoes, I can't wait for these to drop. I wish they weredropping sooner than February. Nike can we please get some commercials, nice box, and some nice gear with these shoes. I think Nike needs to ship these shoeswith something to give the shoe form while sitting on shelves, because most consumers will probably throw up at the shoe.

A HAND CLAP FOR THIS NEW NIKETALK MEMBER!!! VERY WELL SAID. I WILL BE READING YOUR POST'S FROM NOW ON...

THE SHOE WILL LOOK BETTER IF IT HAD A FOOT IN IT... THE TOUNGE LIFTING A LITTLE BIT THE SIDE PANELS EXPANDING.... THE SHOE IS A LOOKER I TELL YOU

Back
Top Bottom