Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Happy Father's Day
This is My first father's day... the wife and baby (4 months) are still in bed.
Which means I'm on NT, with my coffee :nerd:
lol i'm doing the same right now. my girl and 4 month old son and snoozing on the bed and i'm drinking some craze about to hit the gym. my first father's day ever - how weird.

Bump for the evening NTDads... Hope yall all had an amazing day.

Took the kids for a walk on the beach and some slurpees.

What I'd Like for Father's Day: An Open Letter to My Daughter (SORRY. THE WRITER WAS DELETED. NOT MINE, CREDIT WHERE DUE.)

No ties, please. No cufflinks or gift certificates. No presents at all, really.

Kid, if you're struggling for some last-minute token for Father's Day, here's what I'd really like — this year and for years to come:

I want you to know there's no end game. The sports you play, the colleges you get into, the accolades you pile up, sure, yes, of course, I'll always cheer the loudest and you'll be like, "I don't know that guy," and I'll be all, "THAT'S MY GIRL!" and you may not speak to me until you're 30, but you should always know you're good enough no matter what.

I want you to find a good friend. Someone who will cut someone for you, or at the very least not talk **** behind your back.

Don't let some anonymous ******* with a keyboard determine your self worth. You are always more than a "like" count on whatever social media program happens to be popular at the time.

No, seriously, I mean it. You wouldn't go up to the crazy dude in town square or that homeless lady we see on the street and say, "Do you like my outfit?" or "Do you think I'm hot?" That's absurd, right? Who would do that? Millions of people online, every day. That's who. Your friends and future buds. It's something I never had to deal with growing up, this spotlight of petty strangers, and it scares the absolute **** out of me to think this is the culture you're growing up with. I can only hope to help guide you toward that internal strength that says: "That's just … creepy."

Find a ****** friend. Someone who will get you in trouble — just enough to learn a good lesson but not enough to require bail money or morning after pills.

When you get that urge to scream, "I hate you!" and slam the door, please for the love of god, kid, direct all that noise at me because if you aim that **** at your mother you won't believe how long that door will remain slammed. That will not stand.

Work hard.

Don't let it get to your head when people say, "You're so smart!" Because you have a lazy father who thought that was enough and learned only later that hard work and luck is how good things happen.

Practice gratitude even when you're not around us.

Everyone has a freak flag and the truly cool people of the universe don't wait until they're out of high school to fly it.

When you meet people for the first time and you're awkwardly chatting and don't really know what to say, don't ask: "So … what do you do?" Ask instead, "So … what do you like to do for fun?" You'll meet the absolute greatest people in the world this way.

On that note: Don't let work define you. It's a part of how you live your life. It's not you.

Find a fun hobby or sport or volunteer program — something that makes you smile when you think about it.

Listen to your mother. She knows what the **** she's talking about.

Try not to swear as much as your father but come slip into my arms after a bad day if you ever want to hear anyone say, "**** those *************. You're the ******g best!"

Know this: I will never call a professor for you. You get a bad grade, that's your own damn fault. Work harder next time or clear away whatever obstacle is in your path.

Don't ever forget how to change a flat tire.

You already know what it feels like when friends try to knock you down for no apparent reason. Don't do that.

Come back to me. When I'm old and gray and can barely get out of the chair and the rest of the old codgers in the home won't let me watch Columbo with them, I want you to bring a good book and we'll sit and talk and read and laugh, and it will be the best present of all if you just grab my hand again and say, "**** those *************, pop. Let's go for ice cream."

:lol: this back to school shopping is killing me.. daughter is starting middle school, son thinks he is old enough to walk to school by himself...

Bumping this thread as i prepare for the newest addition to the fam. He should be here in the next few hours... NTDads ftw

Congrats man. My wife and I are ready for another one and I hope it's a boy, Lord knows I can't handle another one like my daughter. That little girl is gonna be a problem intellectually when she gets older :lol:

^ lmao... I had the exact same thought. When we got word this 1 was a boy, i grinned from ear to ear. In true NT fashion, unDS'd galaxy foams this morning as we await his arrival. :pimp:

Love being A father 3 girls 1 young man they keep me on point good looking out
wink.gif

never seen this thread before. All of the fathers who stick around their kids and teach them how to be good people are appreciated. Teach your boys to be men and teach your daughters to respect themselves and the world will someday be much better.

You guys are appreciated. :pimp:

Love being A father 3 girls 1 young man they keep me on point good looking out
wink.gif

Thas dope man. Enjoy these kids to the fullest. Congrats on the family

never seen this thread before. All of the fathers who stick around their kids and teach them how to be good people are appreciated. Teach your boys to be men and teach your daughters to respect themselves and the world will someday be much better.

You guys are appreciated. :pimp:

THIS! THIS! THIS!

Bumping this thread as i prepare for the newest addition to the fam. He should be here in the next few hours... NTDads ftw

congrats fam, best of luck and health to the new addition :smokin

enjoy every second ...

Thanks bro. Best thing to happen to me all over again. Life's good

Here we gooooooo the Dr. just tossed me the scrubs.. Ill post an update lata tonight...

Perfect day for an un DS

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Congrats fam

Man I didn't have to wear none of that I just stood there and watched 
laugh.gif
 One nurse and on doctor and it was over before we knew it

Last edited:
Congrats on the blessing my man. Congrats to every father here, we are blessed to watch these children grow and play a big part because they are the future. My son will be turning 2 in november n its scary watching how fast he grows.

Back
Top Bottom