Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

if you get a carrier use it off the break. its the best for getting the kid to sleep effortlessly. I didnt use mine as much and tried to use it when my kid was older but he hated it. He hates being confined at all. hes 15 months going on 32 smh.

What do you guys do for picky eaters? My kid used to love veggies...now if it isn't spinach hes not having it.

if you get a carrier use it off the break. its the best for getting the kid to sleep effortlessly. I didnt use mine as much and tried to use it when my kid was older but he hated it. He hates being confined at all. hes 15 months going on 32 smh.

What do you guys do for picky eaters? My kid used to love veggies...now if it isn't spinach hes not having it.

We warm up veggies in butter like broccoli or cauliflower. We also make veggies in small pieces in chicken soup. We blend lentils into chicken broth. Just a few ideas for you.

^Thanks.

Anything he is not used to he sticks his finger in it until it sticks and examines it....if hes not feeling it he tosses it off his highchair.

Every time I read this book someone starts cutting onions...
gallery-1437493454-rbk-love-you-forever.jpg

Dude!! me too! that's why i've only read that book like 3 times man... for real

arent theybonly suppose tonsleep on flat surfaces

The highest quality sleep is in a bassinet or crib, but if they aren't sleeping well in the bassinet or crib and they are getting overtired, you have to try whatever it takes to get them to sleep. Some newborns sleep well in bassinets, some don't. Ours went through stages when they did sleep well in a bassinet some days and, on other days, my wife had to hold the baby to get her to sleep. They go through transitional phases where they change their sleeping habits and have to make adjustments. We read lots of books and also hired a sleep trainer to help us.

FE2D25FF-2498-43FD-8B2C-18E12CCD78D5.jpeg
1430355A-F591-4273-BF61-AA673E08ED0D.jpeg
Lil man is 5 months today...took these pics on Thanksgiving

Shoes are flames!!!!

he wouldn't sleep in it for an extended period of time. Just if I needed to do something during his nap time and he still wasn't sleep. Once he fell asleep and I would get a break I would lay him down.

SN - the first 4 months were hell. he refused to sleep flat at night. We would have to take turns holding him so he could sleep. He had acid reflux pretty bad :frown:

Shoes are flames!!!!
SN - the first 4 months were hell. he refused to sleep flat at night. We would have to take turns holding him so he could sleep. He had acid reflux pretty bad :frown:

That first 4 months is insane. Feeding every couple of hours and they have no idea when it's night or day yet. I've never had so little sleep in my entire life, but, looking back, it's kinda like training for what's to come. Nothing can get any worse than that first 4 months. So, now whenever I lose sleep for a night or two when my kids are sick, I can handle it like nothing.

That first 4 months is insane. Feeding every couple of hours and they have no idea when it's night or day yet. I've never had so little sleep in my entire life, but, looking back, it's kinda like training for what's to come. Nothing can get any worse than that first 4 months. So, now whenever I lose sleep for a night or two when my kids are sick, I can handle it like nothing.

yeah exactly. I used to be such a grouch when i did not get sleep.

Now, i just sleep when i can. Yesterday I was up at 430am, worked all day, class until 9pm, made dinner for my mom and sit and talked to her for a few hours, finally went to bed around 11 woke up at 3 to get my sons stuff ready for daycare, saw my mom off to the airport and came in to work...not even tired either.

What are you guys getting the little ones for christmas?
taking my son to osaka to see the whale sharks and other creatures that he has only read about but the thing he's wanted most is a snake and since they're illegal here, we're going to a reptile cafe so he can hold a boa and check out other critters. my wife and i are not exchanging presents to make this happen.

That first 4 months is insane. Feeding every couple of hours and they have no idea when it's night or day yet. I've never had so little sleep in my entire life, but, looking back, it's kinda like training for what's to come. Nothing can get any worse than that first 4 months.
and that's the thing about having my wife pregnant again. i thought we were done with that plus all the washing bottles, changing diapers, bringing the diaper bag with all the extra stuff, etc. it started to freak me out but who knows how this one will be. might be easier or might be worse. not gonna stress out on that when i'm too busy stressing about finances. my boy is really gonna have to step it up. you think 6 years old is too young to get a part-time job?

taking my son to osaka to see the whale sharks and other creatures that he has only read about but the thing he's wanted most is a snake and since they're illegal here, we're going to a reptile cafe so he can hold a boa and check out other critters. my wife and i are not exchanging presents to make this happen.

and that's the thing about having my wife pregnant again. i thought we were done with that plus all the washing bottles, changing diapers, bringing the diaper bag with all the extra stuff, etc. it started to freak me out but who knows how this one will be. might be easier or might be worse. not gonna stress out on that when i'm too busy stressing about finances. my boy is really gonna have to step it up. you think 6 years old is too young to get a part-time job?

Kids can do commercials! My nephew was in Milk, Honda, and Ross commercials and he made a lot, but his mom didn't work. So, she had time to drive him all over for auditions. He is the first boy in this video:

Last edited:
Got our daughter a stroller and baby doll for her to play with. Kept it simple this year. I already know everyone else is gonna spoil her and she’ll only play with half of the stuff.

Kids can do commercials! My nephew was in Milk, Honda, and Ross commercials and he made a lot, but his mom didn't work. So, she had time to drive him all over for auditions. He is the first boy in this video:

How hard was it getting him started in the business??

How hard was it getting him started in the business??

Headshots and lots of auditions. Eventually, he got used to the whole process and he knew what they wanted him to do. Your kid definitely has to have the personality to do it. They have to be very cooperative and they have to have a mostly happy disposition. My brother said that my nephew got hired a lot because he did exactly what they told him to do at auditions. The hard part was that auditions are hard to get to in LA. There's so much traffic and it could be a whole day ordeal where one of the parents has to be with the child all day.

Headshots and lots of auditions. Eventually, he got used to the whole process and he knew what they wanted him to do. Your kid definitely has to have the personality to do it. They have to be very cooperative and they have to have a mostly happy disposition. My brother said that my nephew got hired a lot because he did exactly what they told him to do at auditions. The hard part was that auditions are hard to get to in LA. There's so much traffic and it could be a whole day ordeal where one of the parents has to be with the child all day.

I'm in North Hollywood, so I already know what I'll be getting into with traffic. :lol:

Thank you for the info.

SN - Carter's has buy 1 get 2 for free. I got my guy 9 shirts, 3 sweatpants and 3 pairs of PJs for 78 bucks shipped. Can't beat the basics. My kid can wear something once and destroy it smh.

I’m cool with all the hollyweird stuff with kids. Be careful out there with these skeezy agents. Some of them pedo as fuh. Don’t ever let them close the door on u

Back
Top Bottom