Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

lol my son still doesn’t eat burgers. he eats white meat fish though. overall, he’s still kinda picky. we went through february’s menu and he chose only 7 days from the whole month that he’s buying school lunch.

on a side note, i was looking at the class work the kids did earlier in the year and i spotted the person who’s gonna ruin the grading curve for everyone else. see if you can spot her too :lol:
74DAD8C7-1641-4090-9185-B26C10592E2A.jpeg

this was my son’s. him and his snake obsession :smh:
E4A644D6-AA3D-46B7-9C38-A400C7DB5348.jpeg

lol my son still doesn’t eat burgers. he eats white meat fish though. overall, he’s still kinda picky. we went through february’s menu and he chose only 7 days from the whole month that he’s buying school lunch.

on a side note, i was looking at the class work the kids did earlier in the year and i spotted the person who’s gonna ruin the grading curve for everyone else. see if you can spot her too :lol:

Your son is amazing. lol. I am glad he has a peculiar interest so young (to me he will not conform to the norms). Let that man cook.

My daughter 13 and she don’t see anything outside of chicken, shrimp, noodles, rice and veggies (no onions, no carrots no tomatoes)

No pizza, no Mexican, no burgers or hotdogs...

Son out here tasting the ocean.

Kudos fam!

impressed w/ the little girl in the grey sweater :D

my kindergartner has been writing a lot of sentences at home, trying to sound out words to spell them and I can understand everything she writes...very proud of her

BROS!!!! my daughter is in kindergarten and goes to catholic school - they have Mass every Friday.

Well this Friday is grandparent's day and guess who got picked to do the first reading during mass?

Yup- babygirl. So proud of her as she's the only Kindergartner that got picked to read.

looks like i'll have to buy her something at her book fair tomorrow....

side note: she's one of the smaller ones in the class and people think she's a TK'er but a few parents said that she's the biggest little kid in the class...LOL!

Not a dad but I’m a uncle of 7.
For those of your with more than one kid , do you find yourself favoring a certain one.
I do with my nieces and nephews which I shouldn’t.

i have two kids, but one girl (oldest) and one boy.

don't know if if favor one over the other yet since she's 5 and he's 16 months..

We'll see when he gets older.... lol

Hey guys, Hope all is well with your babies.

I was wondering if anyone is going through what im going through.

My oldest is 5, turns 6 in Feb. She tends to stutter some words as she says a sentence.
Like "when", shell try to start it off but get stuck on the w before she can say the full word. For her to ask me "when are we going" really feels like shes taking an hour to tell me.

Honestly, this frustrates me and i feel ****ty for getting frustrated. I need to be patient. I read with her and she doesnt stutter. Teachers at school havent noticed anything. Its just regular talk between her and others in the house. Like her mom, grandma, uncle, cousins, friends, etc

Now my theory is that, because we live in a bilangual house, Spanish and English, this is affecting her. Also, i am turkish. My parents moved from USA just last year, so visiting them she also picked up turkish as well.

But her being 6, are my expectations too high? Curious what yall think...

I stutter and it's common on both sides of my fam for stuttering and I think my 2yr old is going to stutter for the same reasons. She will stammer a couple of times when saying things. Ultimately it's not a big deal but it took me until high school to get used to people making fun of me for a minor speech impediment. But with a few speech classes she'll learn to cope and adjust to it all

Not a dad but I’m a uncle of 7.
For those of your with more than one kid , do you find yourself favoring a certain one.
I do with my nieces and nephews which I shouldn’t.

I have three and I think every parent subconsciously "favors" one kid "over" the others because each kid is different and they may have a specific characteristic that you may enjoy more. You don't love them more, you just find one more appealing so to speak.

Few months ago we had the pron talk with my son and last night found out he has been watching some "wild for his age" stuff on YouTube and I am hit with quite a conundrum. On one hand I don't like that he's looking at these things at his age and want him to apply that energy elsewhere, but the other hand I was looking at filth a lot worse a good bit younger than he was and it's part of a young man's maturing.

I also have that lil bit of pride looking at what he's been searching and watching, my boy got some good taste lol but man, not sure I can handle my 12 year old doing what I was doing at 9-10 lol at least not from a parent's angle

Just make sure hes not watching stuff too toxic. In the climate our kids gotta live in hes going To be in trouble. In the future

Just make sure hes not watching stuff too toxic. In the climate our kids gotta live in hes going To be in trouble. In the future

yea, first time I caught him we had a full out sit down on what he was searchin', curiosity really is some scary ish when you just a kid tryna understand an adult joke. Right now he's on a clean track hope it stays that way

I had a similar situation. My nephew Ryland is 14. 13 at the time.
One of my buddies randomly sent me a link to this IG thot’s pic.

In the likes is my nephews screen name. So random. :rofl:

I told my sister (his mom) about it and she was like “what he’s just a typical horny teenager.”

Well damn.... ok :lol:
On a side note my nephew got good taste.

My daughter did one of the most bravest thing ever..she told the family that she’s bisexual. Cute little video announcement in a text , so creative.

Love her so much for it...

I already sense it when she was in 4th grade elementary. Saw the signs...When I did sense it, we talk about it every since. Just expressing to her that whatever you are, be honest with yourself.

The world may like it but that doesn’t matter. Whoever you’re attracted to is your business and you should never feel ashame about it.

I never saw the big deal about it. You don’t see straight people going around saying, “Hey everyone, I’m heterosexual”. :lol:

I can’t wait to hug her when I pick her up from school. She sent the video right after I dropped her off to school. :lol:

Last edited:
My daughter did one of the most bravest thing ever..she told the family that she bisexual. Cute little video announcement in a text , so creative.

I already when she was in 4th grade elementary. Saw the signs...When I did sense it, we talk about it every since. Just expressing to her that whatever you are, be honest with yourself.

The world may like it but that doesn’t matter. Whoever you’re attracted is your business and you should never feel ashamed about it.

I never saw the big deal about it. You don’t see straight people going around saying, “Hey everyone, I’m heterosexual”. :lol:

I can’t wait to hug her when I pick her up from school. She sent the video right after I dropped her off to school. :lol:

Man...every time you post in here, it's nothing but positivity and knowledge. I love reading it.

What you said was nothing but truth. You have done an amazing job as a parent that she feels comfortable to tell you something like that.

My daughter did one of the most bravest thing ever..she told the family that she bisexual. Cute little video announcement in a text , so creative.

I already when she was in 4th grade elementary. Saw the signs...When I did sense it, we talk about it every since. Just expressing to her that whatever you are, be honest with yourself.

The world may like it but that doesn’t matter. Whoever you’re attracted is your business and you should never feel ashamed about it.

Great positivity fam, I know she was definitely a lil shook sending that vid so that is some crazy bravery. Glad she's got a household that's going to receive her with love and not condemnation. Keep up the good work fam

Question. And everyone keep it 100. Im more ok (personally) if my dauggter comes out than my son. Wont love the boy less but it would be more of a shock. I know women can have messed up relationships but i also wouldnt fear them getting pregnant or hurt physically by other males. Proud of your daughter tho for not being scared and growing up in a household where she felt comfortable to do that

Question. And everyone keep it 100. Im more ok (personally) if my dauggter comes out than my son. Wont love the boy less but it would be more of a shock. I know women can have messed up relationships but i also wouldnt fear them getting pregnant or hurt physically by other males. Proud of your daughter tho for not being scared and growing up in a household where she felt comfortable to do that
I've grown to realize that having kids is one of the most selfish acts I've ever done. I've yet to put down a reason as to why I had/have kids that was not in some way beneficial to me or my desires.

This is under the same boat. I had my daughter first and would have been cool of we only had the one, but I always wanted a son to carry on my name as well. The legacy of our family.

Fears of that legacy ending with me increases if my son were to be gay. That's a real worry. I know there are other means to carrying on a legacy even beyond just having a family. But I'm pretty traditional minded person. Family is what I have expected to leave behind and grow.

Reflecting on mar's situation more and how I would react, I'm going to pray for growth.

In my mind, while I guess I may find pride in my child learning about who they are, I would also fear how they learned this information with regards to sexuality and would probably go too far in trying to shut it down.

Scary ****.

I've grown to realize that having kids is one of the most selfish acts I've ever done. I've yet to put down a reason as to why I had/have kids that was not in some way beneficial to me or my desires.

This is under the same boat. I had my daughter first and would have been cool of we only had the one, but I always wanted a son to carry on my name as well. The legacy of our family.

Fears of that legacy ending with me increases if my son were to be gay. That's a real worry. I know there are other means to carrying on a legacy even beyond just having a family. But I'm pretty traditional minded person. Family is what I have expected to leave behind and grow.

A lot of us have kids because that's what we're supposed to do and that's the path everyone goes down eventually (at least traditionally speaking). I don't think it's a selfish act to have a kid for the reason of carrying your family legacy.I was originally like you as well, wanting a son because the family name (I'm the last guy carrying our last name in my family) so I was the last hope. But the sacrifices we all make as parents (traveling, going out with friends/partying, making plans and scheduling things around your kids schedule) is quite the contrary.

Yup, there's always that fear of my son turning out gay but to be honest, I'd still accept him for who he is. Like everyone stated above, his sexual preference is none of my business. As long as he's happy and living his best life, I'd have done my job as a father.

Back
Top Bottom