Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

jeeeezus. i hope your boy is ok and i'd do more than just lodge a complaint.

Oh yeah, I was ready to risk it all and go back and throw hands at that urgent care but my girl calmed me down. My cousin is a pharmacist so we called her from the ER just to get info on the proper steps to take to handle the situation so I'm going to try to go about it the civilized way.

Thank God he was fine because that's the only thing that helped me keep my cool through it all. I'm way less on edge now so I've got a clearer head.

Hug your little ones one extra time tonight. My son is up and running around like normal today so that's overshadowed all of last nights scares.

Oh yeah, I was ready to risk it all and go back and throw hands at that urgent care but my girl calmed me down. My cousin is a pharmacist so we called her from the ER just to get info on the proper steps to take to handle the situation so I'm going to try to go about it the civilized way.

Thank God he was fine because that's the only thing that helped me keep my cool through it all. I'm way less on edge now so I've got a clearer head.

Hug your little ones one extra time tonight. My son is up and running around like normal today so that's overshadowed all of last nights scares.

That’s terrifying. I’m glad he’s ok though. What were the things you noticed about him? What kind of medicine was it

For those with two or more kids, how did you guys make sure you weren't neglecting them or showing 'favoritism' to their newborn sibling?
Continually push that line that their all part of the same program. But, to always respect your elder. Also urging them to not get mad over things they can’t control. I can’t help it that you were born 3rd or 4th.
Communication is key. Every Monday we reserve 2 hrs for family home evening and discuss issues, plans, goals or whatever so we all on the same page.

first activity of the year was trolling my son. he thought i fell down the wall into the ocean. when he found out there was a metal scaffold down there, he looked really disappointed in me. he asked “why would you do that? i was worried.” made me feel kinda dumb after that.
C7E8D271-4F09-42FB-8002-24E0A5AA8FA5.jpeg

My teenager

Suprised her with tickets to 21 Pilots...

A5822A62-C137-47D3-BF95-FBB00F2CE71D.jpeg

Her mother surprised her with a weekend trip to NYC to see Means Girls on broadway. My daughter loves broadway shows.

8FCCFC0C-44B9-4B90-B8B2-6719E4CD5F63.jpeg

Next for her is Japan for the summer to explore Disney.

Now as I get older, I see the importance of exposure to culture and experiences and not materialistic things. Kids see that enough on social media; materialism.

I express to all parents, even if you can’t afford to travel, take them to plays, museum exhibits, art shows, concerts, etc. They’re kids, they don’t care about front row seats and etc. Just being there is enough for them.

Last edited:
My little guy just refuses to go in the toilet. Gonna be changing diapers for the next 5 years :smh:

Never potty trained a boy but I'm thinking take his diaper off, feed him tons of water/juice and fill his bladder and keep him very close to the potty and take 5-10 min sitting on potty shifts with 1-3 minute off potty breaks

I express to all parents, even if you can’t afford to travel, take them plays, museum exhibits, art shows, concerts, etc. They’re kids, they don’t care about front row seats and etc. Just being there is enough for them.

That front row part is what gets me caught up on not doing things. I get distracted on doing things the best I can and if I can't afford the front row/VIP seats I throw the whole idea away. Great advice, def gonna try to experience more with my kids, especially my son.

Never potty trained a boy but I'm thinking take his diaper off, feed him tons of water/juice and fill his bladder and keep him very close to the potty and take 5-10 min sitting on potty shifts with 1-3 minute off potty breaks

That front row part is what gets me caught up on not doing things. I get distracted on doing things the best I can and if I can't afford the front row/VIP seats I throw the whole idea away. Great advice, def gonna try to experience more with my kids, especially my son.

My best friend doesn’t make much money. I gave him the same advice. He gets what he can afford. They went to a Drake concert, the seat were high up, but his daughter said it was the best time of her life. Kids don’t understand the concept of luxury, that stuff is taught to them.

Being there in the moment is what they love. Being able to tell their friends, I went here and there. Where they sit and how was the comfort is usually not asked among each other.

My best friend doesn’t make much money. I gave him the same advice. He gets what he can afford. They went to a Drake concert, the seat were high up, but his daughter said it was the best time of her life. Kids don’t understand the concept of luxury, that stuff is taught to them.

Being there in the moment is what they love. Being able to tell their friends, I went here and there. Where they sit and how was the comfort is usually not asked among each other.

Very true, we had standing "seats" to wrestlemania, I'm the only one who felt like we was standings for a long time. Def gon keep this in mind. We'll prob hit this lil ****** wrestling thing this month I've been eyeing.

A+ advice about kids dont understand the concept of luxury.
Just being there. Even myself as an adult who doesnt have much appreciates just being there.
Also could potentially set them up for that work ethic mentality.. I went to a football game i was in nose bleeds. Next time i go. I want to be middle of the stands.
Then i want to be front row...then 50 yard line etc etc. Ive done that personally myself with flights. I went from last min aisle seat . to early book getting lucky no one near me. Priority seating...business. Flown first once. Now i cant even think about getting on a plane without being priority or business.

marmourjr, I love seeing your post. Very inspiring.

I had to work down in Vegas over Thanksgiving so i brought my wife and kid down.

IMG_3551.jpg

For Christmas i put money in my sons bank account because he gets enough clothes & toys from everyone else, but when i saw these i couldn't help myself.

IMG_3865.jpg

We're taking our 2nd international trip with him in 3 weeks. I'm excited!

whats it like vacationing with young ones under 3 years old? we gotta go to canada in 2 months (we may drive, 9 hours with like 3 bathroom stops) I want to fly but im scared to fly with her

Yo stuntman mike stuntman mike , when you played that joke, were you screaming HAAAAAAAAAAAALP? :rofl:

On Christmas, my wife & I played a joke on our son who wanted a Nintendo Switch. We did A Christmas Story Red Rider verbatim. :lol: We put the Switch & the 3 games he wanted to the side...

He got a lot of stuff already including the new Jordan Concords & some Space Jams (purchased from the Goat app) in his new size (his foot grew recently), but after he was done opening his gifts, I asked him if he had a nice Christmas & if he got everything he wanted. He said yes, but his face said otherwise. He tried to be grateful & what not but I could tell.... I said, whelp, there's always next year... Wait, what's that over there?!??!

He knows the movie & I thought he wasn't going to fall for it but he did, hook, line, & sinker! :lol::wink: The look on his face the entire time was priceless. My wife, my moms in law, & I laughed so hard... Lil man was really happy to...

Hope you folks had a great holiday & wish you all a great 2019.

So my son is dealing with gas issues an hour or so after he feeds. We tried the gas relief drops and have had mixed results. Has anyone used 'gripe water' I've been reading that it's another alternative.

He drinks out of Dr. Brown bottles and we make sure he burps and laying upright for at least 30 minutes after feeding.

Feel bad for the guy. His rash is completely gone, but he now has gas issues.

So my son is dealing with gas issues an hour or so after he feeds. We tried the gas relief drops and have had mixed results. Has anyone used 'gripe water' I've been reading that it's another alternative.

He drinks out of Dr. Brown bottles and we make sure he burps and laying upright for at least 30 minutes after feeding.

Feel bad for the guy. His rash is completely gone, but he now has gas issues.
my wife and I just had this problem. we found out that when we made the formula there were too many bubbles in it. you have to let it settle before giving them. it literally helped with in a day. we wer using warm water mixing and giving it to her immediately.
Now we just mix the bottles keep em in the fridge to settle and heat up. she's been so much better.

whats it like vacationing with young ones under 3 years old? we gotta go to canada in 2 months (we may drive, 9 hours with like 3 bathroom stops) I want to fly but im scared to fly with her

how old is baby?

flying isnt bad at all. You will be out of the height of flu seaon. Try to buy your flight times around her nap times. Make sure shes sucking on something during take off and landing. (for ears)

vacationing with kids sucks lowkey lol. You still have to adhere to their schedule. If you are flying to a different time zone it's worse. lol How long will you be staying? usually after 3 days they adjust.

Is your son breast feeding or on formula? You should really ask your pediatrician but when my kid was a lik guy, he had to go on Enfamil Nutramigen which was hella expensive at the time but it worked for his gas.

As for traveling, I'd recommend either ice or gum for the air pressure if it effects their ears. The ice was recommended by our pediatrician when we asked about flying for the first time but we gave him his first taste of sugar free bubble gum... Shorty was smacking & chewing the whole flight. It was adorably cute...

my wife and I just had this problem. we found out that when we made the formula there were too many bubbles in it. you have to let it settle before giving them. it literally helped with in a day. we wer using warm water mixing and giving it to her immediately.
Now we just mix the bottles keep em in the fridge to settle and heat up. she's been so much better.
Ahh that's what I was thinking could be a reason for his gas too. We currently do the same. I'll try that immediately.

Is your son breast feeding or on formula? You should really ask your pediatrician but when my kid was a lik guy, he had to go on Enfamil Nutramigen which was hella expensive at the time but it worked for his gas.
He is now on formula and is currently using Similac.
As for traveling, I'd recommend either ice or gum for the air pressure if it effects their ears. The ice was recommended by our pediatrician when we asked about flying for the first time but we gave him his first taste of sugar free bubble gum... Shorty was smacking & chewing the whole flight. It was adorably cute...

Back
Top Bottom