Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

4yr old baby girl has been switched to the preschool class at the elementary school up the street for this week and only had one bad day and seems to be getting used to school process. Been walking her into the school and to the cafeteria for breakfast teaching her how to get through the line and everything and she seems to be ready to run the morning routine by herself.
One thing I think helped her act better was when she did have a bad day on Tuesday when we got home I would remind her that she's not playing with her toys or playing with her sister at the moment because she misbehaved in class and listed what she did wrong. Was trying to keep her bad behavior on her mind so that she doesn't just think she's being punished for some random thing but for those actions specifically. Idk if that's to credit for the change but I like to think so. Also have been praying over her these past few nights that whatever is causing her discomfort in this new setting be settled within her.

3yr old has been doing really well at her new daycare as well. It's funny how 9/10 times when I ask her what did she do in school she says "Ummm, I ate my snack" like she only go to school to eat lol

It's happening fellas.

Some boy tried to kiss my daughter twice on two different days, luckily he didn't make contact and told her teacher.

I spoke with the assistant principal and told her my concerns about this because word around campus is he kissed another girl last week (don't ask), when does this start becoming a pattern of unacceptable behavior? I get that they're kids and all that - she told me since he's a minor she's unable to tell me what punishments he'll have but can say that he has to meet with counselors and go through some process ... mind you this is 2nd grade :smh:

I'll play this out and see what happens, told my daughter if he continues to try this - you're more than allowed to defend yourself (jiu-jitsu) and we will not be mad at her :lol:

Kids man ... I also go to the gym with the principal early in the mornings, but wondering if I should just play it out before I ruin his morning workouts.

It's happening fellas.

Some boy tried to kiss my daughter twice on two different days, luckily he didn't make contact and told her teacher.

I spoke with the assistant principal and told her my concerns about this because word around campus is he kissed another girl last week (don't ask), when does this start becoming a pattern of unacceptable behavior? I get that they're kids and all that - she told me since he's a minor she's unable to tell me what punishments he'll have but can say that he has to meet with counselors and go through some process ... mind you this is 2nd grade :smh:

I'll play this out and see what happens, told my daughter if he continues to try this - you're more than allowed to defend yourself (jiu-jitsu) and we will not be mad at her :lol:

Kids man ... I also go to the gym with the principal early in the mornings, but wondering if I should just play it out before I ruin his morning workouts.
we've told my daughter that if someone else puts hands on her that she can do the same back to then and she won't be in trouble with us :lol:

she's in 1st grade

we've told my daughter that if someone else puts hands on her that she can do the same back to then and she won't be in trouble with us :lol:

she's in 1st grade
same
i tell my kids the same thing
also helps my son is a year older than my daughter
so they usually go to the same school
so he able to keep folks in check
except last year when she was still in elementary and he was in middle school

Went to Kaiser on Tuesday for another check up. Doctor does the ultrasound and she goes "Unfortunately..." and I completely shut down and kept tuning in and out with everything else she said. I just kept fighting back tears trying not to break down in the room. I really didn't want to face the truth. My girl should have been on week 7, but theres been zero progress since week 5. Doctor had to explain to me again what happened but long story short my girl had a miscarriage. Aside from family members passing away, I've never been this sad. Downed a whole bottle of wine last night and even woke up in the middle of the night in tears.

This was my first experience with a pregnancy and now a miscarriage. I don't really know how to deal with it. Anyone else ever go through this? Apparently its not as uncommon as I thought; about 1 in 5 women will have one and often times they won't even know. Going back to Kaiser tomorrow for tests. Hopefully there isn't an underlying issue with either of us that keeps us from having a kid in the future.

Went to Kaiser on Tuesday for another check up. Doctor does the ultrasound and she goes "Unfortunately..." and I completely shut down and kept tuning in and out with everything else she said. I just kept fighting back tears trying not to break down in the room. I really didn't want to face the truth. My girl should have been on week 7, but theres been zero progress since week 5. Doctor had to explain to me again what happened but long story short my girl had a miscarriage. Aside from family members passing away, I've never been this sad. Downed a whole bottle of wine last night and even woke up in the middle of the night in tears.

This was my first experience with a pregnancy and now a miscarriage. I don't really know how to deal with it. Anyone else ever go through this? Apparently its not as uncommon as I thought; about 1 in 5 women will have one and often times they won't even know. Going back to Kaiser tomorrow for tests. Hopefully there isn't an underlying issue with either of us that keeps us from having a kid in the future.
Sorry to hear that bruh
Ur blessing will come
Does she have a hard time getting pregnant???

Prayers to you and yours. And honestly like you said it is very common despite how tragic it can be. The woman’s body is a remarkable machine. Miscarriage has long been attributed to the woman’s natural way of not being able to handle that pregnancy for whatever reason. Like previously stated..your blessing will come

It's happening fellas.

You can never be too careful.

She. I was in 1st grade some fat dude in my class would put his hands inside this girls pants during gym and rub her booty hole and then sniff his fingers... this was 1st grade..

https://niketalk.com/threads/when-did-you-realize-that-these-females-aint-innocent.588193/

Me and the wife were getting the girls lotion and stuff together for after their bath after my son was in the bathroom for like 20 mins. My wife was walking around looking for the lotion, so I take a break from cooking to help lo and behold it's in the window that's in front of the toilet in the bathroom. My wife asks me why is it in the window and I started to say "Idk maybe Jr had it" and before I could finish I just busted out laughing.

Of course she found it less funny lol

We're in preschool now and my son keeps getting in trouble for pushing kids. We keep talking to him, but nothing seems to work. It's not even like he's trying to hurt folks either. He just runs and bumps folks. I've seen him run full speed into folks as well. I have no idea where it came from, but my wife is trippin over it and I don't want folks thinking he's a bully. He's already the only black kid in the class, so...

What's been working with my daughter in preschool is reminding her a couple times a day that what she's doing is "bad" or not good and telling her what to do instead.

She had it bad for running away from her teachers so I would tell her 2-3 times after school that she's in trouble because she ran away from her teacher and that's not okay.

We experienced our first miscarriage earlier this year. We figured we were in the clear and started telling the fam early that we were expecting our second child. One morning, my wife woke up and went to the bathroom. She said that she was bleeding and it felt like she was having our period. We scooped up our son and rushed to the emergency room. That's when they told us. We were supposed to be about 8 weeks and progress stopped at about week 5. My wife started crying, but I had to stay strong, so I held her hand tight and put a game on my phone so my son wouldn't see us upset. They told us to go back home and everything would take its course. I think that them poking around pushed things further quicker, because as soon as we got home, she ran to the bathroom and had to have been in there for almost 30 minutes. I had to bring her water and everything while it happened. It was probably the hardest moment of my life so far...

They would have been born in July, and it was really tough making it through that day. My wife cried all day. I remember telling a family member, and they asked how I was doing. I was kind of surprised that they asked about me and how I was feeling, because it was my wife going through the tough stuff. But they said that we BOTH experienced trauma, and that we should both be checked up on. So let me ask you:

How are YOU doing today??

It's definitely going to be tough as you guys move forward, but don't give up hope. Honestly my wife was ready to try again almost immediately and I was the one afraid to go through it again. We have been actively trying, and she cries every time her period comes. But we keep praying and staying positive that they will come when the time is right. I'm not going to lie to you and say that it's easy to move on. It's going to be tough, but you guys really have to be there for each other during this time. I'm sure she has a squad/crew holding her down, but make sure you have one as well. Someone for you to talk to when you just want to talk, you know? Don't hold that pain inside.

We experienced our first miscarriage earlier this year. We figured we were in the clear and started telling the fam early that we were expecting our second child. One morning, my wife woke up and went to the bathroom. She said that she was bleeding and it felt like she was having our period. We scooped up our son and rushed to the emergency room. That's when they told us. We were supposed to be about 8 weeks and progress stopped at about week 5. My wife started crying, but I had to stay strong, so I held her hand tight and put a game on my phone so my son wouldn't see us upset. They told us to go back home and everything would take its course. I think that them poking around pushed things further quicker, because as soon as we got home, she ran to the bathroom and had to have been in there for almost 30 minutes. I had to bring her water and everything while it happened. It was probably the hardest moment of my life so far...

They would have been born in July, and it was really tough making it through that day. My wife cried all day. I remember telling a family member, and they asked how I was doing. I was kind of surprised that they asked about me and how I was feeling, because it was my wife going through the tough stuff. But they said that we BOTH experienced trauma, and that we should both be checked up on. So let me ask you:

How are YOU doing today??

It's definitely going to be tough as you guys move forward, but don't give up hope. Honestly my wife was ready to try again almost immediately and I was the one afraid to go through it again. We have been actively trying, and she cries every time her period comes. But we keep praying and staying positive that they will come when the time is right. I'm not going to lie to you and say that it's easy to move on. It's going to be tough, but you guys really have to be there for each other during this time. I'm sure she has a squad/crew holding her down, but make sure you have one as well. Someone for you to talk to when you just want to talk, you know? Don't hold that pain inside.

Sorry for your loss brother. Took my girl to kaiser on Thursday to have the yolk sac and what nots removed. Idk the medical term for it. The doctor recommended I wasn't in the room for it. The past two days have definitely been the hardest on her and I. She's constantly blaming herself and asking me if I'm going to leave because in her words she "Can't support a baby." **** breaks my heart.

Funny thing about me and my girl is that we are both the types of people that hate to worry others. The only people that even knew we were expecting are her sister and my brother.

We talked about it, and we decided we would try again once the winter was over.

My girl is pregnant. Had the first doctors appointment yesterday. This will be both of our firsts assuming it makes it the whole way.

Unfortunately after the appointment we got into an argument and she told her mom, and her mom went straight psycho and was harassing me through texts. Had to turn my phone off to get her to leave me alone, when I opened it up I had 19 texts from her.

“Listen here you little c-u-next-tuesday” is somehow hilarious. Im shocked that her mom reacted that way. She’s acting like she’s the one having the baby. Me and my girl are fine now, but after everything the mom said to me, got me like “I’m going to be the best father I possibly can to this baby and be there for your daughter and I don’t give no damns what you think about me”

Any other NTers have a rocky relationship with the mothers mother?

My girl is pregnant. Had the first doctors appointment yesterday. This will be both of our firsts assuming it makes it the whole way.

Unfortunately after the appointment we got into an argument and she told her mom, and her mom went straight psycho and was harassing me through texts. Had to turn my phone off to get her to leave me alone, when I opened it up I had 19 texts from her.

“Listen here you little c-u-next-tuesday” is somehow hilarious. Im shocked that her mom reacted that way. She’s acting like she’s the one having the baby. Me and my girl are fine now, but after everything the mom said to me, got me like “I’m going to be the best father I possibly can to this baby and be there for your daughter and I don’t give no damns what you think about me”

Any other NTers have a rocky relationship with the mothers mother?
Hi guys long time NTer, first time dad. My son was born last week.
I don’t have a rocky relationship with her mom thankfully but at times when she gets annoyed with her I have to be mediator. Right now her mom and grandma are trying to parent for us and it gets her frustrated. Only thing I can say to do is talk to your lady, y’all in this together so she needs to set the boundaries with outside folk in y’all relationship. Because I can see this going south with her moms once your kid is here if she feels so comfortable going off on you bro. Communication is huge with this parenting ish I’m learning so far. Good luck bro

These lil jokers wont stop growing. Get more beautiful everyday. Prayers up to those who have had to endure a miscarriage. Pretty devastating stuff. We are blessed to have 2 such happy and healthy babies. My wife wants a third so that she can have a more positive experience as her last but Idk man... idk.

Attachments

• 20190926_091618.jpg
    20190926_091618.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Attach39453_20190925_173232.jpg
    Attach39453_20190925_173232.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 235
i have a question for the dads with kids in school. how much homework do your kids have? my son is in the first grade and it was my understanding that there would be no homework in his kindergarten and first grade classes because the academic load in the upper grades gets really intense at his school. come to find out, he's required to do 20 minutes a night of reading (that he has to log down) and 15 minutes of typing (that is timed and tracked on an app). in addition, he gets a set of worksheets (about 3 or 4 pages double sided) that's pretty easy and has to be done in a week. to top it off, he gets a spelling test each week on 15 new words. the reading is not a big deal for my son only because he likes to read but he doesn't like typing and getting him to learn the few words on the spelling list that he messes up on can really be a drag. last week, they put the words "when" and "went" and my son kept on spelling "went" w-h-e-n-t. i damn near punched a hole in his desk trying to help him fix that ****. andddd to make matters even worse, we only found out about the typing thing a week ago after most all the other kids been doing it for some time now and they post a leaderboard on the app to compare with classmates and my son is tripping/feeling defeated cause he's far back.

my wife had like 4 or 5 before one stuck. We now have a healthy 14 month old boy. Go see a fertility specialist, they will tell you if there is something there to be concerned with or not.

i have a question for the dads with kids in school. how much homework do your kids have? my son is in the first grade and it was my understanding that there would be no homework in his kindergarten and first grade classes because the academic load in the upper grades gets really intense at his school. come to find out, he's required to do 20 minutes a night of reading (that he has to log down) and 15 minutes of typing (that is timed and tracked on an app). in addition, he gets a set of worksheets (about 3 or 4 pages double sided) that's pretty easy and has to be done in a week. to top it off, he gets a spelling test each week on 15 new words. the reading is not a big deal for my son only because he likes to read but he doesn't like typing and getting him to learn the few words on the spelling list that he messes up on can really be a drag. last week, they put the words "when" and "went" and my son kept on spelling "went" w-h-e-n-t. i damn near punched a hole in his desk trying to help him fix that ****. andddd to make matters even worse, we only found out about the typing thing a week ago after most all the other kids been doing it for some time now and they post a leaderboard on the app to compare with classmates and my son is tripping/feeling defeated cause he's far back.
My first grader has homework Monday through Thursday

It consists of one page (both sides) of math, reading a small poem, reading a short book, studying “trick words”, and studying a spelling list

Back
Top Bottom