Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

So I found out this past Sunday that my fiancé is pregnant with our first child. She originally didn’t want kids when we first got together. She was content being that cool aunt. But as time went on, she wouldn’t deny me the chance of being a father. So this is more than likely gonna be our only child, which I’m cool with. We talked about having a child in 2-3 years, not now :lol:

Anyways for those that are married/living with the mother, how did having a child affect y’all intimate/alone time together? Social life/date nights? We have the support of both of our parents so watching and caring for the child wouldn’t be an issue. I just don’t want me and my fiancé to loose ourselves during this transition. We had alot of fun together. We didn’t really get a chance to celebrate the engagement cause we found out she was pregnant 3 days after the engagement :lol: I’m probably overreacting.

So I found out this past Sunday that my fiancé is pregnant with our first child. She originally didn’t want kids when we first got together. She was content being that cool aunt. But as time went on, she wouldn’t deny me the chance of being a father. So this is more than likely gonna be our only child, which I’m cool with. We talked about having a child in 2-3 years, not now :lol:

Anyways for those that are married/living with the mother, how did having a child affect y’all intimate/alone time together? Social life/date nights? We have the support of both of our parents so watching and caring for the child wouldn’t be an issue. I just don’t want me and my fiancé to loose ourselves during this transition. We had alot of fun together. We didn’t really get a chance to celebrate the engagement cause we found out she was pregnant 3 days after the engagement :lol: I’m probably overreacting.

My man. Wife and I had a baby earlier than expected as well. Sleep training has been huge for us and baby girl has been a great sleeper. Sleeps 12 hours stretches easily and routinely now (she’s 5 months old) and has been like this since she was about 2-3 months old. All props to mom for that but that allowed us to have our own time as well as little date nights to ourselves.

^congrats

My wife was the girl that always said she didn’t want kid...now we have three

Having kids is going to have an affect but you both need to keep in mind you had a relationship before having a child...kids should work as glue to make you guys stick together

Had a maternity shoot last week, photos came out spectacular.

6 more weeks.
3E74F1CC-B1EB-4ED1-88F6-4374724461F0.jpeg

Father of 4.5 month baby girl. Kinda feel like I’m losing myself. Use to working out 3-4 days out the week. So out of shape. My wife is an RN so her hours are crazy. I’m working a lot more now, sometimes I feel like my daughter doesn’t know me.

Also that sleep regression is real. Baby girl don’t be sleeping. Brutal when you have to get up at 5 AM for work

i have a question for the dads with kids in school. how much homework do your kids have? my son is in the first grade and it was my understanding that there would be no homework in his kindergarten and first grade classes because the academic load in the upper grades gets really intense at his school. come to find out, he's required to do 20 minutes a night of reading (that he has to log down) and 15 minutes of typing (that is timed and tracked on an app). in addition, he gets a set of worksheets (about 3 or 4 pages double sided) that's pretty easy and has to be done in a week. to top it off, he gets a spelling test each week on 15 new words. the reading is not a big deal for my son only because he likes to read but he doesn't like typing and getting him to learn the few words on the spelling list that he messes up on can really be a drag. last week, they put the words "when" and "went" and my son kept on spelling "went" w-h-e-n-t. i damn near punched a hole in his desk trying to help him fix that ****. andddd to make matters even worse, we only found out about the typing thing a week ago after most all the other kids been doing it for some time now and they post a leaderboard on the app to compare with classmates and my son is tripping/feeling defeated cause he's far back.
yeah that's about right nowadays
just wait
my kids in 8th and 7th
bruh i had to download an app just to understand the math they doing
its a paid subscription app mind u
that gives me the answers
so enjoy being smarter than them while u can :lol:

^i check my daughters math every night

Hopefully I can continue to do that so I can learn the new math as she does
maaaaaan my son hit me with
"hey dad so the variables of tangible numbers
affiliated with the prime numbers
are complete opposites
when correlated with algebraic expressions right???
i hit him with the "well what do u think???"
and proceeded to google while he started explaining what he thought :lol:

Father of 4.5 month baby girl. Kinda feel like I’m losing myself. Use to working out 3-4 days out the week. So out of shape. My wife is an RN so her hours are crazy. I’m working a lot more now, sometimes I feel like my daughter doesn’t know me.

Also that sleep regression is real. Baby girl don’t be sleeping. Brutal when you have to get up at 5 AM for work

dont eem worry bro, daughter is still young she’ll start catching on soon.

always take care of yourself first ... i wont even function if i dont get my gym time in (6 days / wk) im a morning person so i usually get to the gym at 4am if not i can get in an hour after work - theres 24 hours in a day make it work

Follow takingcarababies on IG. Her courses/advice has lead our 5 month old to sleep for 12 hour stretches at night. My wife must tells me what to do and I do it and baby girl has been an amazing sleeper. But all the props goes to mom on this front as she allows me to get my workouts in as I’m still fairly active. If I’m not able to get to the gym I’ll go for a quick run around the house. Something active is better then nothing.

it gets better.

Congrats. Found out we were expecting 2 weeks after proposing. Now you don’t have to worry about wedding planning. Just do a lot of dinner dates we celebrated her bday and crap while she pregnant, just show your appreciation you’ll be fine. It’s nothing different just more dry, smoke free events

the other weekend, there was a pool party at my son’s school for all the first graders. there are 90 kids and most of them showed up. majority had both parents attending too. at one point, i looked around, and nobody was on their phone. it really struck me as odd to see so many people conversing and having a good time and not one person be on their phone. i actually was afraid to take mine out and look like a weirdo :lol:

Had a wake up call last night with my daughter where she told me she's sad because I'm not listening to her, is sad, and that I'm always mad at her.:ohwell:|l She kept apologizing to me and I told her she did nothing wrong and that I'm the on that did something wrong.

I kept thinking about what she said last night and damn, I failed her big time. I need to do better.

Had a wake up call last night with my daughter where she told me she's sad because I'm not listening to her, is sad, and that I'm always mad at her.:ohwell:|l She kept apologizing to me and I told her she did nothing wrong and that I'm the on that did something wrong.

I kept thinking about what she said last night and damn, I failed her big time. I need to do better.
its not that
her even being comfortable enough to tell u that
speaks to how good of a father u are

my son has been in judo for a month and he hates it less than when he first started. the class is pretty crazy. last week my son was trapped tight in some kinda headlock and he started yelling and then cried and the teacher told him if he doesn’t like it, then get out of it/escape. next time it happened, my son is in the headlock and he screamed out to the teacher “gimme some good advice!” teacher told him what to do and my son got out of it and then he took the kid down and smothered him pretty good. on monday, the kids were playing rough before class and a girl started crying and the teacher stepped onto the mat and asked what was wrong and she started babbling and he tells her to stop crying and speak some words and basically scolded her until she stopped. this dude shows no mercy. it’s not uncommon for kids to cry during this class cause they get down and dirty :lol:

Dads, when you signed up your kid for extra curricular activities (Sports, dance, etc) did you ask for their input or did you just tell them to try it?

Debating if we should sign our daughter up for a sport activity or ballet.

my wife and i always ask. my son declined soccer and baseball. he did a practice judo class and got to sit out of the sparring exercises then he agreed to 6 months and from the next class, he had to do sparring exercises and he hated it. when he cried in class the other night, i almost wanted to pull him out but we had a talk after and he’s still in it. here’s my kid on offense. i hope he sticks with it.
084D90A8-820B-47E0-BC2E-30B4CD3560DF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom