Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

my sons waves are coming in
and caught him spitting game
to this girl on facetime
while she was saying how much she liked his waves
200.gif

Man I got a 3.5 year old and my other son will be 4 months in 2 weeks. Most of the time he always wants to show his little brother his toys, hug him, etc....but sometimes during the day he randomly just pulls his legs/starts throwing stuff etc...we've tried talking to him letting him know the baby is too little to play like that/be a good big brother/etc... We give him attention too and never like go Overkill holding the baby etc.

Can he just be feeling jealous anyway? I think being stuck in the house for the last 2 months is messing him up too. He keeps saying he wants to go to get pizza, go to the activity gym we go to etc... Just not sure if this is normal or what? Anyone else experience the same issues with a toddler/new born?

Kinda...but worse smh. Like he randomly pulled a pillow out from under his head when we were doing mat/tummy time...one time my wife had the baby in his crib went to get something from kitchen...my son went with her then grabbed an avacado and ran back to his room threw it in the crib and it hit him in the head. Good thing he was alright, but I'm just worried he can hurt him one day.

Kinda...but worse smh. Like he randomly pulled a pillow out from under his head when we were doing mat/tummy time...one time my wife had the baby in his crib went to get something from kitchen...my son went with her then grabbed an avacado and ran back to his room threw it in the crib and it hit him in the head. Good thing he was alright, but I'm just worried he can hurt him one day.
its normal stuff
nothing to worry about
still keep an eye out so he doesnt hurt the baby
but that just normal kid stuff

its normal stuff
nothing to worry about
still keep an eye out so he doesnt hurt the baby
but that just normal kid stuff
Thanks. I figured it was, but kinda wanted to make sure. He is like night/day from the morning to the late afternoon. I'm assuming it's him starting to wear down and get tired. We try not to tell at him, but explain that he can hurt his brother bc he is too small etc... He's been getting wild though :lol:

Thanks. I figured it was, but kinda wanted to make sure. He is like night/day from the morning to the late afternoon. I'm assuming it's him starting to wear down and get tired. We try not to tell at him, but explain that he can hurt his brother bc he is too small etc... He's been getting wild though :lol:
aint nothing wrong with a good yell man
at least theres a purpose for the yelling
ur correcting an action
now if u was just yelling cause u had a bad day
thats different
but man dont feel bad at yelling
especially if he was gonna hurt the baby
stuff like that while normal
u do wanna get a handle on just cause u want kids
to be social with other kids

aint nothing wrong with a good yell man
at least theres a purpose for the yelling
ur correcting an action
now if u was just yelling cause u had a bad day
thats different
but man dont feel bad at yelling
especially if he was gonna hurt the baby
stuff like that while normal
u do wanna get a handle on just cause u want kids
to be social with other kids

Yeah I mean we definitely yell at him pretty often when needed, but sometimes he gets crazier and doesn't listen at all when that happens. Like he knows I'm mad and I think he gets mad at himself bc he knows he did bad then starts screaming :lol:

Anytime we go out though to birthday parties etc...he does do well with other kids so that's good. Just think he's a little jealous and going stir crazy

my baby girl made one year yesterday. my wife had to be induced a month early because of preeclampsia. my daughter was so tiny when she came out and when we brought her home a few days later, i had to scramble to target and buy her preemie clothes. she grew quickly though and she’s a healthy, happy baby. quarantine birthday with the fam on facetime certainly saved me a bunch of money though so i’m happy for that :lol:
96A71F7C-D2E9-4098-80AB-EF0C8D2084F6.jpeg

My fiancé has scheduled a c section for 5/22. It’ll be our first child. Anyone who’s lady has gone thru a c section, what should I expect?

Oh and my fiancé wants me to video tape it. I’m not with that gory **** man :lol: I don’t mind seeing it right then and there but a videotaping and having it on record :frown:

My fiancé has scheduled a c section for 5/22. It’ll be our first child. Anyone who’s lady has gone thru a c section, what should I expect?

Oh and my fiancé wants me to video tape it. I’m not with that gory **** man :lol: I don’t mind seeing it right then and there but a videotaping and having it on record :frown:
If she's having a C section, they might not let you in the room, especially during 'Rona. I got to be in the room during my 2nd daughter's, but it's still an operating room so you will have to clean up, put on the haz mat suit and shoe covers, and sit on the head side of her not down by where the baby was and they have a barrier up so they'll take the baby out and walk her around to you at most. My daughter has a kidney condition and struggled to breathe so she was whisked immediately up to NICU. I barely got to see her and her mom didnt for a few days

u cant and dont wanna record that
i was in there with my wife
when they had to do a c section
when she was only 24 weeks pregnant
i was by my wifes top half of her body holding her hand
thats the best place to be imo anyway
being there
and providing comfort

Is she voluntarily doing a c section? If so, why?
Well yes and no. She mentioned the doctor said cause the size of the baby. The baby was 6 pounds at like 30 something weeks. But I also think she probably doesn’t want to push and go thru what comes with that. My mom even questioned her as to why she wants a c section.

They stay tryna push c sections down women’s throats. It’s to optimize their schedules smh. I would strongly advise against it but it seems like y’all made the decision. Is your wife normally pretty active? Cuz recovery after c section is mainly terrible from what I’ve seen and heard from my mom and friends.
I pushed my son out in 15 mins. Trust me I was dreading it too but God programed the woman’s body for this. C section is a major surgery and I w just avoid it if you had the choice.
Is your wife petite? How big is baby now?

edit- if her recovery is like most it can be stressful on y’all. Cuz she will barely be able to care for the kid.

They stay tryna push c sections down women’s throats.
Yeah they do!

My son's mom and I aren't together anymore, but when she went in to delivery 13 years ago, she had made it clear to me that c-section wasn't an option and told me not to fall for their push towards a C section. She told me that me being the mentally 'grounded' person in the room who isn't trying to deliver a new life into the world, make sure that if it's not medically necessary, deny their strong push for Caesarean. And she said that it WILL come.

And it did.

But we didn't.

They stay tryna push c sections down women’s throats. It’s to optimize their schedules smh. I would strongly advise against it but it seems like y’all made the decision. Is your wife normally pretty active? Cuz recovery after c section is mainly terrible from what I’ve seen and heard from my mom and friends.
I pushed my son out in 15 mins. Trust me I was dreading it too but God programed the woman’s body for this. C section is a major surgery and I was just avoid it if you had the choice.
Is your wife petite? How big is baby now?
She’s 5’8 thick. Our first two was natural. Next 3 out the stomach same spot. Witnessed all three out of curiosity.
during my 5th I came across this article

Tried to convince BM but she thought I was trippin.

The ONLY plus side I see from a c section is that you will get your doctor for sure unless you had them on call. Luckily my midwife was on when we had our son. But she stayed over her shift only for a little bit and soon as he was here she dipped lol

She’s 5’8 thick. Our first two was natural. Next 3 out the stomach same spot. Witnessed all three out of curiosity.
during my 5th I came across this article

Tried to convince BM but she thought I was trippin.

Lol not you.
I was talking to steebie j steebie j

but no disrespect

Back
Top Bottom