Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

The dr gave us a choice stitches or steri-strips, i chose the strips.

:smh: dont understand how my daughter was being watched by my mother in law and she somehow ends up falling off the bed onto a toy helicopter, she got a laceration under her chin!

I was mad as hell

:smh: dont understand how my daughter was being watched by my mother in law and she somehow ends up falling off the bed onto a toy helicopter, she got a laceration under her chin!

I was mad as hell

it happens man, I was feeding my son when he was like 2 years old and he pulled a wooden chair that was right next to me. Chair fell on him and onto his face ended up with a bloody nose. Literally inches away from me and it just happens so fast, no time to react. :smh:

mean.gif
dont understand how my daughter was being watched by my mother in law and she somehow ends up falling off the bed onto a toy helicopter, she got a laceration under her chin!

I was mad as hell
Stuff happens sometimes. I literally dropped my nephew on his head holding him upside down playing with him. Caused a concussion and a visit to the ER. I had nightmares about that for YEARS. His parents forgiving me helped the psychological recovery A LOT. Needless to say, it's affected the way I play with my son a lot since that happened before he was born.

I get stuff happens but there were 3 ppl "watching" her - two of my sister in laws and mother in law.

Calling me saying they arent sure if she needed to go to the DR, i rushed there from work and saw her chin had a laceration :smh:

I get stuff happens but accidents like that could be avoided.

Stuff happens sometimes. I literally dropped my nephew on his head holding him upside down playing with him. Caused a concussion and a visit to the ER. I had nightmares about that for YEARS. His parents forgiving me helped the psychological recovery A LOT. Needless to say, it's affected the way I play with my son a lot since that happened before he was born.
Nieces and nephews are good practice for the real thing!
roll.gif

Ya, except it's almost worse because it's someone else's kid you're responsible for if they get hurt. If it's your kid, it's on you. If it's their kid then you get to hear from their parents too and why you weren't more careful.

That's a parents worst nightmare to have their kid get hurt when someone else is watching them and there was nothing they could do about it.

About a year ago sister in law was taking care of my son, wifey called and says he jumped off the couch into a small toy and "busted his lip".
Sent us a pic which showed his bloody lip. Asked for more pics because it looked real bad, she tells us bleeding already stopped. I was pissed!
I get home and wifey is home already so I go check his "busted lip" and there is a big gash on the inside of his lip. Looked like it was close to splitting. Left immediately to the ER.
They had to strap him up so he wont move so they could stitch him up. Was real hard to watch him crying/screaming and trying to break loose.

Just couldn't understand how she didn't bother to check his lip. :smh:

This is one of the reasons my wife and I never leave our kids.  If it happens on my watch (and it has) then I'm to blame, but I don't want to end relationships with family and friends over some sh*t that will likely happen regardless.

Yup things happen all the time, thats parenting! No matter how close you keep an eye on your children..

My son is 3 months and it just hurts me to go to work each and everyday while he just gets bigger and bigger.

Last edited:
We had a memorial day bbq at my moms house years ago and all the kids in the pool, all the grown folks sitting around the pool eating and one of my nephews, was bobbin' up in down in the watter trying to stay afloat and was losing the battle and nobody saw him but me. I looked around and literally 30+ people in the backyard and I'm the only one who saw him, hopped in there and pulled him out

People tend to forget kids are always self sustaining. It's a common mistake but a mistake nonetheless

I was mad as hell

No way around it sometimes. My son was sitting on the couch right next to me when he just jumped all of a sudden, literally nothing I could do. With kids, accidents are going to happen no matter what.

took my 5 year old son to the ER today. Dude got a gash above his eye brow after tripping and falling into the sharp edge of a desk. 6 stitches :smh: any other dad out there have to witness their kid getting stitches?
Welcome to the club. All my boys got stitches/glued on their bodies. Get them ready for pain. Life's full of it.

Y'all making me nervous. :lol: My son is a little big for his age and he's a rough guy so I know those ER visits are coming. :smh:

For those with Baby Bjorns, which model do you guys use? Planning on purchasing one this weekend.

been meaning to post in this thread since i've been checking it recently

here's a thread w/ my first seed

second seed is due a month from now

wanted to add pics of the nursery but still waiting for a wall decal that i initially tried to order two months ago >:

will update w/ a good current photo of my first daughter in a bit

^my wife has a tula...or she may have sold it

she purchased a new one recently that is only available from the manufacturer overseas i think

and had to get a matching small version of one for our daughter to pretend and put dollies in when the new baby is here

shipping for the small version one was more than the product itself

my wife also has gone through multiple baby bags...gets sick of one or sees another one she likes, buys the new and sells the old

got our daughter uggs when she was about 6 months old

total hypebeast mama

For those with Baby Bjorns, which model do you guys use? Planning on purchasing one this weekend.

I got the "ergo baby 360" windmill dunk. Baby carriers are cool, but make sure it has lower back support (ex. Strap around the waste) my friend got a POS one and I used it at Disneyland. Smh.

Do Not get the one that looks like a long piece of fabric that you wrap around your body like "the mummy".

Last edited:
don't let your wife/gf see the kinderpack or tula carriers. it's like the supreme of baby carriers. hypebeast mamas.
^my wife has a tula...or she may have sold it

she purchased a new one recently that is only available from the manufacturer overseas i think

and had to get a matching small version of one for our daughter to pretend and put dollies in when the new baby is here

shipping for the small version one was more than the product itself

my wife also has gone through multiple baby bags...gets sick of one or sees another one she likes, buys the new and sells the old

got our daughter uggs when she was about 6 months old

total hypebeast mama
Noted. Will not suggest these brands
laugh.gif

I got the "ergo baby 360" windmill dunk. Baby carriers are cool, but make sure it has lower back support (ex. Strap around the waste) my friend got a POS one and I used it at Disneyland. Smh.

Do Not get the one that looks like a long piece of fabric that you wrap around your body like "the mummy".
Cool, I'll check that out too. I want to make sure it has lower back support because I know if we go somewhere, I'll be the one carrying her.

We got the original. I had no complaints. It's pretty too.

Didn't realize until I just looked how expensive those are.
eek.gif
Now I know why most of our friends have worn the mobiwraps.

Back
Top Bottom