Official NT Laundry Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by the nomad, Nov 25, 2013.

1. the nomad

the nomad Banned

How do you guys do your laundry, separate whites from colors? Is fabric softener a must? What's your favorite scent? What's your favorite brand of soap? Do you prefer laundry mats? Or home washer and dryer? How do you get stains out? 

2. harlemtothebronx

harlemtothebronx

Used to do pick up and drop off service but their reliability got terrible when they switched drivers so I started doing it myself.

I just separate my underwear and pajamas and wash those hot. The rest gets the cold treatment.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  3. the nomad

the nomad Banned

I like industrial washers better than home washers and dryers, you probably save more money on lights and water too. Plus they give your clothes a vigorous cleaning, really getting the dirt and oils out of them.

4. psk2310

psk2310

Love to do laundry. We have a top loading high efficiency washer & high efficiency dryer. I use those Tide gel PODs for HE machines. It has detergent, stain remover, & brightener in one.

Definitely separate whites from colors, do towels/sheets together, & delicates together. We have a soon to be 10 year old so using additional stain remover is a must for knees & stains on shirts. Shout gel is one of the best inventions ever. Gets out blood, deep grass stains, coffee, etc...

5. the nomad

the nomad Banned

Anyone else intoxicated by soap and fabric softener scents? [​IMG]

6. daytona 5000

daytona 5000

My roommates wash their colors with their whites. Weird as hell

7. bhergh

bhergh Banned

better then nothing

8. 6 Rings G.O.A.T.

6 Rings G.O.A.T.

Home washer and dryer..
    I wash every Wednesday & Saturday..

Dark colored-- Cold
    Light colored-- Warm
    White-- Hot

No fabric softeners..
    No stains..
    I rarely use bleach..

9. water

water

I have no idea.

My mom does it for me. 

10. kspar

kspar

too young for laundry crew :smokin subscribed for future reference

11. gmsboy1

gmsboy1 Banned

-If you're unsure just read the tags for the care. that's what I do. Definitely separate your colors/whites/darks. Even colors should be separated with like colors. That way if your colors do bleed it isn't that bad. I sometimes throw in my greys with my whites. I only have like certain grey hoodies though, not that much.

-let your clothes soak in the washer like a couple minutes so that they're wet first. I'll let the washer run a little bit before putting soap in.

-Also if you use liquid detergent like I do pour it down the middle of that column on the agitator. It releases and distributes the soap evenly. If your put it on top of the water the top layer gets more than the bottom layer (Just learned this recently). I'm 26 been doing my own laundry since 15 and still figuring it out.

-When your folding/matching socks don't make the ball you wear out the elastic and your socks get droopy and uncomfortable. Just match the sock, lay one on top of the other and fold the whole thing over.

- i pretty much wash everything cold unless its my whites which are majority sock and undershirts.

12. baby jumpman

baby jumpman Moderator Staff Member

You don't use bleach for your whites? This thread reminded me I need to wash my clothes right now.

13. you go boy

you go boy

I do all laundry the same the only thing i do different is separate the whites and the colors and i air dry my dress pants and sweaters

14. Mister Meaner

Mister Meaner formerly super producer j

Undershirts - soak from night before in Oxiclean.

Underwear gets hot wash. Everything else is cold. And separate dark and light. I hang dry what I can to keep them fresh. I live in an apartment building with the laundry on premises basement). Senior discounts every Tuesday and Thursday before 5 :pimp:.

My favorite detergent is Tide. Softener is a must, but I have no peeference, although I usually end up with Snuggle.

15. huynher

huynher

When your laundry unit is not inside your personal home/living space. :smh:

Struggle is real. Always lost a sock or two during transport. :lol: :smh:

16. huynher

huynher

It's either this or New Car Scent.

I DEFINITELY prefer the former. In fact, hate NCS.

17. markangelo

markangelo

Anybody here just hang their clothes and not use a dryer? [​IMG]

In before, aint nobody got time fo dat

18. huynher

huynher

Yup. All my shirts. Big *** pain, but shirts warp otherwise.

Girlfriend doing laundry FTW.

19. carver

carver

Back when I was single I'd just throw everything in at the same damb time.. no dambs given on color or anything.

Now she doesn't trust me to do laundry and I don't do it anymore [​IMG]  

20. the nomad

the nomad Banned

I actually elected not to have a washer in the apartment, I like the exercise, the people, and it's my wife and I's time to chill ...we usually just walk around the neighborhood and talk while the clothes are in cycle.

A machine at home takes longer too ...

$5.00 washer and all the clothes in your house > Spending 5-6 hours doing all your laundry [​IMG]

kix28 likes this.