Official NT Laundry Thread

Do you live in NYC? There's very limited space in apartments. A lot of stuff people don't have isn't because they're necessarily poor if that's what you're hinting at. Its because they elect not to. Same with cars ...

Patrick Bateman didn't own a washer and dryer either ...there's real life examples too, but I was just pointing that out because in the film he represented yuppie wealth. 

Did I even suggest you were poor? Stop making assumptions.

You said you ELECTED not to have a W/D...as in you made a choice. TO ME, as someone who has lived w/o one in NYC, it was a hassle.

If you have a maid who takes care of your laundry, utilize a drop off service, etc., I can see why you could possibly not want to have one.

Doing laundry, on your own time, outside of your living space is a pain in the ***. This is just my opinion...nothing more, nothing less.

How about being out of the house? Breaking bread with the community? If you have neighbors, imagine the sound of a washer and dryer...at midnight hours? I'm married with kids, and I'm sure other NT'ers with kids will agree that 2 hours doing laundry is comparable to a date with your wife.

You can get out of the house while your laundry is in the cycle. I do it all the time. Also, as someone who had a w/d in a unit I rented, I NEVER heard the machines running through the walls. Never.

Having a W/D in your unit is beyond convenient.

Last edited:
If i lived in NY i def wouldn't wanna deal with doing laundry at a laundromat. If you don't have a car like most in nyc, you'll just carry all that ish? What if it's winter and cold as hell? Snowing? Yeah eff that. I live in cali and I still LOVE my washer and dryer being in the garage, attached to the kitchen. Plus I can chuck a load in the dryer or washer and switch it, remove it...WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE IT. If I wanna leave my socks in the dryer for two days...then that's where they'll stay. I had an apt for 3 years before this place, and I HATED carrying those huge loads back and forth from my apt to the laundry room, and back again. Eff that.

Last edited:
I can't imagine a situation where if I could have a washer/dryer set in my home i purposely wouldn't. That just sounds crazy.

Anybody else turn their clothes inside out?

I also wash my underwear in the shower then the next day when it dries put it in the hamper :lol: don't ask why

Back
Top Bottom