Official NT Suggestion Box! Meth Do Us A Solid

So the 2 main issues:

- Search function is nearly unusable now
- Are we saying goodbye forever to media gallery embedded in each thread?
The search feature was bad on ezboard, bad on Yuku, and bad on Huddler. An "enhanced search" upgrade was available for this platform and we purchased it, so it's not like we're holding out on you or deliberately offering poor search. That's just what we've had to work with, unfortunately.

site:niketalk.com on your search engine of choice tends to be a better option, but we'll continue to upgrade our forum software when possible to improve the on site search function.

As for the media galleries, custom development on that feature should begin next year.

notice how JB has a new thread for every new Jordan and its all organized? that's da standard all other sections should strive for.
Then help start those threads.

We'll instruct the staff to keep them open and everyone can decide for themselves if they'd like to participate in them. In the future, I'd also like to see if we can allow multiple users to share the responsibility of keeping a thread's topic post up to date, as that's arguably the best place to collect all the latest news about a particular shoe, links, etc. That may take some doing from a technical standpoint. The alternative is to encourage those interested to create articles, which already allow multi-user editing, for their favorite sneaker models and work collaboratively to keep those up to date. Articles can link to threads for discussion and threads can link to articles for current info.

Is there a limit to the type of articles we can create?

For example, could we create an article of "recommended matches" that the users in the wrestling thread could all contribute to?

Then help start those threads.

cool, i usually do....but I dont wanna hear people or mods directing me to mammoth "official____threads" where new stuff gets swallowed into da abyss.

why don't u move those massive official threads into sneaker showcase? isn't that ostensibly what you created that section for?

we're on a message board, you can't just splash new info at da very end of a long *** OLD thread and expect people to look for it... Horrible UI.

Yes you are lol
That's how that works.

Where am I supposed to put new info in a thread?

Do you see any regulars in those threads complaining? Also you have to realize that in some of those threads a large discussion has been created amongst the most common posters.

It's like that draya thread.....we could have easily made a thread for EACH of those broads but the one thread had regulars who partook in an ongoing discussion....im talking years.

I'm all for your idea but like I said, there's only 1 way to do that. Imagine those guys reactions if you lock that dunk sb thread or the af1 thread.

What you want.....The site allows it, but the people wont.

It's like that draya thread.....we could have easily made a thread for EACH of those broads but the one thread had regulars who partook in an ongoing discussion....im talking years.

and da girls who are recognized here end up being da ones wit their own threads...see how that works?

da point of making a new thread is to invite NEW people so casual readers can find da info alot easier.

there's absolutely no info or indication that those roc uptowns dropped whatsoever on NT, for this place to actually work well it has to be BETTER than da social media platforms that's out here competing for eyeballs.

it would behoove nike retro section to make new threads on each new significant releases and not bunch em up in a decades old thread.

Also you have to realize that in some of those threads a large discussion has been created amongst the most common posters.

that large conversation about old releases and random ish can be had in da sneaker showcase section where its supposed to be.

da new ish should be a Priority on da retro section, where things can be found like da JB section.

tell me something SC kid SC kid , what do you think da sneaker showcase section is for?

Back
Top Bottom