OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Bridgeport Knicks LFG!! :lol:

1646230266586.png

With him having the hardest position to learn & having the time to get that college offense out his system, only a matter of time. That’s my pg 🥰

Knicks Not Currently Believed To Be In Position To Have Enough To Trade For Star

The ability of the New York Knicks to trade for a star has become more difficult as their young players haven't emerged as potential stars. The combination of RJ Barrett, Immanuel Quickly, Obi Toppin and Quentin Grimes have shown promise at times, especially Barrett.

"If they are going to give up their picks and swaps to get someone, it doesn't matter who they are trading," a Western Conference executive said. "But if their hope was to turn these guys into good players by themselves, I'd be hard-pressed to see a team thinking they'll take that for a star."

The disappointing season of Julius Randle also could make it less likely that a star player directs himself to the Knicks.

"If you look at the last two or three deals that happened, those teams already had a guy, and were adding a second guy," another East executive said.

"James Harden [to the 76ers], Jrue Holiday [to the Bucks], Anthony Davis [to the Lakers] ... Philly had Embiid, Milwaukee had Giannis, the Lakers had LeBron. ...

"The Knicks do not have that. They're trying to get the first guy."

ian begley reporting that the knicks and mitch’s camp are “far apart” in contract/extension talks

for reference, the max we can offer right now and presumably already have, is 4 years 48mil which is the absolute max amount of money i’d be comfortable paying him

if he’s not taking that then see ya
start evaluating sign and trade options for the summer

ian begley reporting that the knicks and mitch’s camp are “far apart” in contract/extension talks

for reference, the max we can offer right now and presumably already have, is 4 years 48mil which is the absolute max amount of money i’d be comfortable paying him

if he’s not taking that then see ya
start evaluating sign and trade options for the summer
Turner? :nerd:

Can't understand how we can't figure out how to use Obi effectively, he should rarely shoot there. Free throw line extended should be his limit.
obi gotta be leading the league in air balls at this point

you’d think a good coach would stop having him stand in the corner all the time but what do i know

i dont know about quickley.
he got some bad habits that he doesnt seem to want to get rid of

Back
Top Bottom