OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Thibs is an enabler and Randle is a jerk.

When the offseason hits...fire Thibs if you got too. Put Randle on the trading block if need be. Mitch is most likely gone. Draft who you can and get a coach who can play young guys and build them up.The right coach could do that and probably still get us to the play-in game at least.

This project is done and Thibs isn't the type of guy that can handle adversity.

They goofed not signing Mitch last yr. Now he’s in shape & it’s going to be something of a bidding war. His current max ain’t even outlandish or an overpay.

Pay the kid. Keep the young core.

Mitch needs Deuce out there. The 2 best defenders at the key defensive spots.

Drummond a handful tho. Big boy out there.

What do y'all see in Mitch? Boy a big dummy

He literally started playing basketball 3 years ago. His improvement for a 2nd round pick you don’t see too often. He’s only gonna get smarter/better from here on out. To do all this with no point guard for a big is impressive.

You see the tremendous drop off when this years Noel or Sims are on the court. The impact is no where near the same.

GMs say mitch is gonna be commanding between 11-13mil per year on the open market which i don’t think is true seeing as how he turned down the 4/$48mil extension and was said to be “far apart” on the numbers

he’s gonna be asking between 16-18mil and at that price i don’t see the value

Short answer, I see an unfinished product with the intangibles of an elite rim protector & finisher. DPOY potential. He’s already anchoring the defense that was top 5 in the league last season.

It’s not just Knicks fans. Son has a few teams ready with offers should the Knicks fumble.

Gotta look at the bigs contracts in the league too.

1647195823764.png

He literally started playing basketball 3 years ago. His improvement for a 2nd round pick you don’t see too often. He’s only gonna get smarter/better from here on out. To do all this with no point guard for a big is impressive.

You see the tremendous drop off when this years Noel or Sims are on the court. The impact is no where near the same.
How long ago he started playing ball is irrelevant lol

He’s the same age as Sims & look how far he has to go. Defensive schemes & that side in general takes longer to master so Mitch is ahead of the game.

Only a 2nd rounder cuz of circumstance. Had he gone to college, he’s getting scooped up before NY.

I disagree big time. For a big, it’s actually very important since they’re so raw and take a while to get accustomed.
But when there's DPOY & Max contract talk. None of that matters. He isn't worth what he's being projected as is my opinion. I'm watching Drummond do what he wants.

But when there's DPOY & Max contract talk. None of that matters. He isn't worth what he's being projected as is my opinion. I'm watching Drummond do what he wants.

Yea hes def not worth more than 15 mill. Drummond does this against 90% of teams in the regular season. Coke playoffs u can’t play him. We saw how badly we missed Mitch in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom