OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

zach lowe reporting that teams have been calling about quickley and that we’ve been reluctant to entertain any trade offers for him so far

obviously i don’t want to take a garbage deal for quickley but i just hope we aren’t holding him in a higher regard than he should be

he’s nothing special to me

even though he's been playing out of position, he seems to have taken a step back overall from last season. could be due to the role change, so maybe he'll improve once Rose is back and he can slide back to the 2.

even though he's been playing out of position, he seems to have taken a step back overall from last season. could be due to the role change, so maybe he'll improve once Rose is back and he can slide back to the 2.
i think he’s got decent enough handles and when he’s hot he can really light it up but those moments are way too far and in between even when he was at the 2

more often then not, he’s an inefficient chuck

plus, despite his efforts which i also will give him credit for, he’s not a very good defender

i’d like to see how he looks in an offense with competent schemes and sets but i don’t think that’s coming from the knicks anytime soon

i think he’s got decent enough handles and when he’s hot he can really light it up but those moments are way too far and in between even when he was at the 2

more often then not, he’s an inefficient chuck

plus, despite his efforts which i also will give him credit for, he’s not a very good defender

i’d like to see how he looks in an offense with competent schemes and sets but i don’t think that’s coming from the knicks anytime soon

i think his inefficiency is due to him having to hunt for his shot more playing the 1. in contrast, RJ's production has gone up when the ball is in his hands, bc he can now drive vs having to be a spot up shooter. defensively, yeah IQ isn't a great defender, but he tries. he should be used like Lou Will instead of the back up pg.

Didn’t IQ say himself he’s a 1? If you’re not trading him you should start him with Rose off the bench.

Randle & Burks for Brunson and………………………. KP.

If we trade Randle it’s gonna be for Fox.
Willing to bet $40. 👀

Randle & Burks for Brunson and………………………. KP.

If we trade Randle it’s gonna be for Fox.
Willing to bet $40. 👀
We can send Randle, IQ and Burks. Open spot for other players in the roster that deserve to play.

This will force Thibs to play our young guns.

glad the knicks are willing to give up the vets and give the young players their shot. it's been time

thibs getting checked is good to witness

I’m fairly certain Randle will be traded before the trade deadline. Like a week before. He’s eligible to be traded on Feb 2nd.

All speculation here, but the guy is playing like he’s either betting on games or knows theres a deal already on the table that’s done. No other reason to be this disconnected from the team and missing every post game conference. Even if he has personal real life problems at home, that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be in huddles.

Maybe we should just hold on to our assets until the offseason to try and get a top player while keeping enough flexibility for Zion

If Donovan was something that came to be true, can we make a trade in offseason for him if he wanted out while Keeping McBride, Grimes, RJ, Mitch , Sims, Obi, Cam, Rose ????

Y’all think any combo of the vets Quickley and picks can get Donovan Mitchell if he wanted out?

So some kind of combo of this plus picks
Randle
Quickley
Burks
Kemba
Noel
Fournier

Randle + Quickley + Burks + Kemba (contract) + picks would keep Utah as a one of the top teams.

Go into 2022/2023 season with:
Mitch - Obi - Cam - RJ - D. Mitchell

Then we’d have to wish again lol that Zion would walk here and we’d have to sign him first before resigning our roster to long term deals

Leaving final product going into 2024/2025 w/:
Mitch - Zion - Cam - RJ - D. Mitchell

Bout to roll another one…✌🏼

Last edited:
93 authentic shorts arrived to complete my set :pimp:

6086724E-6011-4C6F-9176-3EE90E687CC1.jpeg
A0564DB5-C5DE-41BC-9E43-67BB0B96C2C8.jpeg

if fournier is gone then so be it, but like was said earlier, he's better than the player he's been on the knicks. he needs touches instead of carrying the ball around or standing around for scraps. he's been used poorly and that also falls on this dumb coach. that he spoke up a couple of days ago about changes needed will probably solidify his trade, but i dont think he should be receiving the blame like others. plus he stood up for kemba

Last edited:
“It’s been hard, but like my man J. Cole says, there’s beauty in the struggle,” Randle said, referring to the popular rapper/singer. “It’s a struggle. We’re trying to figure it out. But this is really where you find out what people are about.

“This is when you find out about the character of the guys on your team, so I’m excited about [it]. We still got a lot of games to play, so I’m excited to see how we push forward and push past it.

“Same thing, man. I’m going to stick to my guns. I’m going to stick to who I am as a person,” Randle said. “That’s coming in, working every day, trying to be an infectious leader with my spirit and my energy and just try to be positive.”

All🧢

None of this is news for Thibbs & Rose knew who he was hiring. He is loyal to a gotdamn fault to his vets. He shows them tremendous trust & they give him everything on the court. What was unexpected was Randle’s mental breakdown and piss poor leadership.

And yeah, no defending Julius anymore for his attitude and play. Players often have a hard time after signing a big contract too. Perhaps it should’ve been seen. No one could see to this extent. Be a better professional. Watch RJ in practice and the film room. As low of an iq player as they come. Real bull in a china shop vibes when he’s playing.

Man whatever Indy wants in terms of reasonable picks for Sabonis…. already know. Randle, Quick & Luka. Take Rubio off Cleveland’s hands & give them Fournier for their playoff run this year. That’s 3 rotation spots right there.

Man watching this Lundqvist retirement ceremony has me thinking. Since Patrick we really really haven’t had a home grown start of that stature. Rangers may have 1 if not more on their roster currently.

Knicks are the most dysfunctional sports franchise of the last 20 years in NYC and it’s not even close.

Back
Top Bottom