Official Oakland Athletics 2012 Season Thread (94-68) AL WEST CHAMPIONS

Great game today. Another walk off.:smokin Milone pitched great today no walk and 10 K's. Cespedes is playing like a beast.

I wish Milone would have gotten the W, but all the matters is that the A's got the W.

Cespedes hitting .305 :smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Tonight may as well have been another walk off. Brandon Inge go ahead HR in the 8th. Cook couldn't save the game after playing three straight days in a row, so in went Doolittle to seal the deal.

Also, Cespedes with that shot! Batting Average now at .306 :smokin :smokin :smokin

This team is on fire.
rock.gif
.They won 14 out of there last 16 games.

rock.gif

Party.gif

Last edited:
We're starting to get some attention now.. we've always been good, we've just been on the short end of those close games that we lost.

no, ur not
ima be in lv...lmk how the lumpia is (i assume thats the "ethnic' food they are gonna serve)

I'll let you know for sure!

Giants fan but yall are killing right now.

Hella fun to watch. Hope y'all can keep it up.

Giants fan but yall are killing right now.
Hella fun to watch. Hope y'all can keep it up.

obvs overachieving, but great cast of characters on this squad

future doesnt look as gloomy...interesting to see what they do with prospects like green, choice, stass, straily, mt, krol, etc

posting for hilarity

Awesome to see how well the team is doing. I was at the game today and there were A LOT of Yankees fans (which usually happens) but A's fans held it down, it got the loudest I've heard it get at an A's game in a long time. Awesome series.

Unless we play the jays, we're always outnumbered by sf, Dodgers, sox fans too

:smokin @ Guerrero throwing the 1st pitch and Donaire doing it too at Filipino night

laugh.gif
Of course Miggy is done, come on. The team isn't expected to compete this year (realistically), so I just want to see some fun players to watch when I go out to the park.

Great Storylines:

C- Kurt "The big Hurt" Suzuki put on 20 lbs of muscle this off-season, goes on to hit 25+ bombs

1B- Chris Carter breaks out of his "bust" title and hits 30+ bombs

2B- Jemile Weeks continues where he left of last season, hitting .300+ and swiping 40+ bags

SS- Cliff Pennington plays great defense, but also hits marginally above .275

3B-Over-the-hill Miguel Tejada Brandon Inge provides a solid defensive option at 3rd, while returning to his roots in Oakland and putting up a respectable .240 BA .205 BA

OF1- Coco Crisp does what he do, but don't get injured, and make his granmama proud by stealin 70 40 bags

OF2- Yoenis "The Cuban Missle" Cespedes has a monster year, with splits of .320/.394/.462 while leading the surging A's offense deep into the regular season...

OF3-Someone named Seth Smith or Reddick or Cowgill or Gomes or someone else plays solid right field and hits above .260

DH Manny Ramirez, fresh off a 1.5 year suspension, hits 17 homers in his 100 games he plays, and doesn't make a complete fool of the orginization
I think I did pretty well.:lol:

We didn't get rid of Devine, right? He should be our closer.

Not my fault, if he wasn't injured he would've been next in line before Cook.

Milone's stuff is by no means dominating, but he just goes out and pounds the strike zone and lets the terrible Royals hit/run into outs. I don't know how well it'll pan out against Texas or the Angels, but I like his style.

Sizemore's injury really hurt this offense, Billy needs to go get an everyday third baseman real soon.

Speaking of positions the A's suck at, Barton is now the clear everyday 1st baseman???
sick.gif
I'd much rather have Carter in there. I know Barton's a great defender and an on-base machine, but there needs to be some power out of the first base position. 0 for 3 with a walk or 1-3 with a walk and a single isn't going to cut it for me (fangraphs actually had a great writeup on that today).

Spot on, Trav.

I'm not gonna lie, some of these balls have been jumping off of Barton's bat; I really hope he starts proving me wrong.

Zook will be gone before opening day '13, now its just a matter of when. I'm not really even mad about it, I bet Derrick Norris or Max Stassi can come in an at least match Zook's numbers next year.

I still think Penny will have a good year, he just needs to get in his groove.

I was probably high.:\

Parker making the start on Wednesday, Godfrey sent down; I'm not even mad.

Carter hit 3 bombs today for Sacramento, I say give the man a chance at first.

Oh, and try to find a 3rd baseman somewhere.

And we did. And now we're 7 games above .500. :smokin

Bob Nightengale Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale

The Oakland #Athletics,desperate for infield help,have jumped into trade talks for #Marlins Hanley Ramirez, joining #BlueJays and #RedSox.

I. Am. Down. Sure he has a terrible work ethic, sure his offense and defense have both fallen off drastically these last couple of years, but he still (sadly) puts up twice the numbers any of our SS do.

I. Am. Down. Sure he has a terrible work ethic, sure his offense and defense have both fallen off drastically these last couple of years, but he still (sadly) puts up twice the numbers any of our SS do.

i would give
colon/brandon
+krol/peacock
+ choice (plus power, always hated his swing, but granted no one loves it)

and they would want
head/green somewhere in there too

like you said, his work ethic is poop, so i dont really wany him here
this wont happen, so ill stop...

Last edited:
Hanley/Rollins/Headley/Escobar would all be nice upgrades but it all depends on the cost. Our farm system isn't deep enough to give up top prospects unless we're getting a stud back.

Back
Top Bottom