Official Oakland Athletics 2012 Season Thread (94-68) AL WEST CHAMPIONS

Headley is gonna cost a ****** ton. They will start by asking for Choice, and will probably want one of our rookie pitchers, I'm guessin one of Griffin, Milone, Straily, or possibly AJ Cole, and another high upside guy in the minors like Chris Bostick and Sean Murphy.

Hanley and Rollins will cost a good amount, but not as much cuz of declining production and ridiculous contracts. Plus, Hanley is bat-**** crazy. I wouldn't give up much for either of those expensive bastards. 1) Miles Head and Alcantara or 2) Grant Green, Ian Krol, and BA Volmuth. They can go F them selves if they ask for Straly/Choice/Peacock/Griffin/Parker/Russell/Boyd etc.

Escobar isn't very good. But he's cost controlled and better than Penny. Peacock for Yunel straight up.

Or roll the dice on Stephen Drew. Give them a guy like Shane Peterson and Krol. That should do it.

Edit: I take it back, I don't want Ramirez. And I def wouldn't give up Miles Head to get him. Dude has no glove left, and is lazy. And They'd better eat the majority of that contract.

Last edited:
choice broken hand on sat

done for yr, confirmed today
shame as he was murkn it since the break

Last edited:
ugh...and marlins scouts are in t-dot

BNightengale
The Oakland #Athletics have now become the most aggressive team, Marlins exec says, pursuing #Marlins infielder Hanley Ramirez

6 in a row. :pimp: I really want to upgrade on the left side of the infield because I don't know how long we can last with the production we are getting, but at the same time I'm not down to deal any of our best prospects. We have the pitchers to deal and the ability to take on a bad contract because off how low our team salary is but we need to find a solid upgrade. Really interested to see what Beane decides to do.

I think the safe pickup would be someone like Stephen Drew. Won't cost a lot in terms of money or prospects and provides an immediate upgrade over Pennington. I don't see us picking up Hanley unless the Marlins pay for a TON of his contract.

I would give them Gray, Peacock or Griffin, Colon, Green. And if they throw in a bag of chips w/Ramirez they can take Barton.

The Marlins would need to pay some of this contract. He is due 7 mil rest of the year and 15.5 and 16 the 2 years after.

Last edited:
I think the safe pickup would be someone like Stephen Drew. Won't cost a lot in terms of money or prospects and provides an immediate upgrade over Pennington. I don't see us picking up Hanley unless the Marlins pay for a TON of his contract.

This^

Why would the A's want to take Hanley's contract. The A's should go after Headley and tough it out with Pennington when he gets back from the DL. The A's would have to pay too much money for Hanley's contract and possibly give up too much to acquire him in the first place.

They're saying that Drew will stay put since Roberts was moved. You never know though.

I agree that Hanley's contract is bad but honestly, who have we committed to for the next couple years? Most our guys are under team control and we're not going to be signing any big name free agents anytime soon. Like I said, I'm not down for Hanley if we got to give up a lot of top prospects and take on the whole contract, but if we are able to give up decent prospects because they want to do a salary dump, I'd take the risk.

I agree that Hanley's contract is bad but honestly, who have we committed to for the next couple years? Most our guys are under team control and we're not going to be signing any big name free agents anytime soon. Like I said, I'm not down for Hanley if we got to give up a lot of top prospects and take on the whole contract, but if we are able to give up decent prospects because they want to do a salary dump, I'd take the risk.

I know what you're saying. I just wouldn't want Hanley as the first option. If the A's were to trade for Hanley, I'd welcome him with open arms. I'm just saying I hope the A's get the best deal possible. We just have to remain optimistic until the trade deadline.

On another note, I can't wait to get the Scott Hatteberg bobble head. I went to all of the home games for the 20 game win streak, and the bobble head would be a good momento to add to that memory. Any of you guys collect the bobble heads from over the years?

I use to collect all the bobbleheads and figurines but it's been about 5 years since I got any. :lol: That Hatteberg one is dope. I really want one, especially because I was at game 20 but I don't think I will be able to make it. :smh:

We have the 3rd best record in the AL and lead the wild card at this moment. :lol: :pimp: Definitely didn't expect to say that this year. Lots of baseball left to play tho.

Billy can't stay dormant at the deadline, not now. Go get Hanley, Drew, Yunel, Headley, or even Scutaro for all I care. Bulk up that lousy left side, and this team is contending the rest of the year.

August 20th (Projected):

Rotation:
-McCarthy
-Parker
-Anderson
-Colon
-Milone/Braden/Blackley

Lineup:
CF Crisp
SS H. Ramirez Escobar
RF Reddick
LF Cespedes
1B Carter/Moss
DH Gomes/Smith
3B Inge
C Suzuki/Norris
2B Weeks

:x Filthy.

Do you guys think it'd be wise to go with a 6 man rotation towards the end of the year? It would limit the innings pitched by the tiring young arms, and not stress out the older/injured guys as much either. Or just throw Bartolo out there twice every rotation, the man is a horse.

Tim Brown ‏@TBrownYahoo

Source: Dodgers have acquired Hanley Ramirez and Choate from Marlins for Eovaldi and a minor leaguer. Game changes in LA. Marlins selling.

There goes that :\

Last edited:
at 15.5 and 16

Rumor is that the A's had a deal in place where the Marlins were going to eat half of the contract, but the Dodgers decided to eat all of the contract. That would've been Coco money, I'd be fine with that (Hanley >>>>>> Coco).

Sources say that $5M was the holdup for you guys getting Hanley. Well thank you very much for being cheap f***s. Yes I'm mad.

I officially stopped following A's rumors from any source. Every time Billy makes a trade, no one here's about it until the trade is done. My money is on Escobar.

I use to collect all the bobbleheads and figurines but it's been about 5 years since I got any. :lol: That Hatteberg one is dope. I really want one, especially because I was at game 20 but I don't think I will be able to make it. :smh:

I've gone to bobble head games sporadically, but I try to go to as many as I can. I was mad I couldn't go to the Rollie Finger's one, but I was able to get the Rickey Henderson. My prized little set is the big three; Zito, Hudson and Mulder. :smokin :smokin :smokin

On another note, I'm glad we didn't get Hanely, and if it helps spoil any chances of the Giants going to the post-season then I am all for it :tongue:. Still hope we get Headley, just don't want to give up too much. I'd be down to trade for Escobar too. Either one is fine with me.

I've gone to bobble head games sporadically, but I try to go to as many as I can. I was mad I couldn't go to the Rollie Finger's one, but I was able to get the Rickey Henderson. My prized little set is the big three; Zito, Hudson and Mulder. :smokin :smokin :smokin
On another note, I'm glad we didn't get Hanely, and if it helps spoil any chances of the Giants going to the post-season then I am all for it :tongue:. Still hope we get Headley, just don't want to give up too much. I'd be down to trade for Escobar too. Either one is fine with me.
Jersey and bobblehead days are the worst, gotta get their early
Get headly billy

I use to get to games super early when I was in Middle School and High School. I'd grab a few bobble heads, and just hope for some homeruns during batting practice.

A's on fire tho... Oakland :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin - Blue Jays 0

Back
Top Bottom