Official Oakland Athletics 2012 Season Thread (94-68) AL WEST CHAMPIONS

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

That curve ball is killing Cespedes this year

It's been a week. Yeah this first week of the season the curve ball has been getting him but I wouldn't call that all year. If he's doing the same in June then that will be a fair statement. You can't even have a good slump going in 5 games.

I meant as of right now he's looking really bad on the curve ball. Hope he adjusts. 3-3 in the 10
eek.gif

Broxton makes Fuentes look like Eckersley.
laugh.gif

I'll take it, 3-4 record with a <.200BA as a team. I thought for sure he hit Cespedes on purpose, but then he does it again to Gomee.
eek.gif
roll.gif

I said it before, I'll say again many times I'm sure: GET A REAL 3RD BASEMAN!!!! GET A REAL 1ST BASEMAN!!! THE TEAM WILL NOT WIN GAMES WITHOUT COMPETENT POSITION PLAYERS!!!

Oh, and Coco's arm is pathetic.

Yeah coco's arm is non existent. Can't believe people want him back in center over Ces' cannon arm. Coco's d is slightly better but give me the cannon in center any day.

Cespedes with his first single of the year
pimp.gif
He had a nice game. I'm cool with Barton at 1b, if he goes back to 2010 Barton. Donaldson, Zooks and Penny are pretty much garbage. But we won!

I'm not gonna lie, some of these balls have been jumping off of Barton's bat; I really hope he starts proving me wrong.

Zook will be gone before opening day '13, now its just a matter of when. I'm not really even mad about it, I bet Derrick Norris or Max Stassi can come in an at least match Zook's numbers next year.

I still think Penny will have a good year, he just needs to get in his groove.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

2nd tommy john surgery? That's just sad.

Why is Blevins in the majors? I can't stand this bum.
30t6p3b.gif
My brother met him through the Big Brother Big Sister program, said he was a real cool dude.

Too bad he can't do anything productive.
laugh.gif

I know it's only been a week, but Josh Donaldson is posting a .286 OPS.

Not OBP

not BA

not SLG

but OPS.

You add up the number of times he gets on base per number at-bats

then you take that and add it to the number of bases he gets per at bats

and the averages only add up to two hundred and eighty six percentage points.

sick.gif

Nice homer by Weeks but he needs to get more timely hits. Recently I feel like he only gets hits when we're up or down by a few runs. And our team avg has got to be below .200 and we're 4-4?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Cespedes almost beat out a grounder to short. Dude is fast

WORD. I was at opening night and dude popped out to center (I think) and was rounding 2nd before dude even caught the ball. Homie was STRIKING
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

Milone going tonight, lets see if his "dazzling" stuff can remain unhittable.

went from 0k in 8ip to 5 thru 5, not bad young man
gotta get to the sea bp...

Back
Top Bottom