:::[Official] Oakland Raiders 2010 Offseason Thread::: Report: Justin Fargas Cut!!!!!

Originally Posted by peep tha sneaKs

So are they gonna switch to a 3-4?

srsly ?
roll.gif

we stay running archaic schemes...

Even if Jamarcus did loose weight and is in great shape, I still would much rather prefer Gradkowski as the starter. It'll be interesting to see if he can at least challenge Bruce for

the starting job, but I just don't see him taking it until he proves he deserves it.

Originally Posted by LA213ESPG

Even if Jamarcus did loose weight and is in great shape, I still would much rather prefer Gradkowski as the starter. It'll be interesting to see if he can at least challenge Bruce for

the starting job, but I just don't see him taking it until he proves he deserves it.
At least the fat jokes won't be applicable anymore...
laugh.gif

I hope he has a rebound year. I've been optimistic since the end of 2008.

We need doc b to start no matter what. I don't care if russell is in great shape...he sucks plain and simple.

You can be small like Brees or big like McNabb it doesnt matter as long as your good lets go with DOC B

McNabb to the Raiders?

HMmmm...I like Grads but this would be good also. I always thought he would be a perfect fit given that he can scramble since we have no O-line.

large_donovan_mcnabb_browns.jpg

[h1][/h1]
[h1]First rumbles of McNabb-to-Raiders trade terms emerge[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2010 6:37 PM ET
Every once in a while, we develop a tipster who builds a track record of providing tips that end up being true.

And one of our latest tipsters who has been accurate with past tips (for the most part) has now given us a tip regarding the trade terms that possibly would send Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Raiders.

Per the tip -- uncorroborated but nevertheless intriguing -- McNabb and cornerback Asante Samuel would go to Oakland, and cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha would go to Philadelphia.

We don't know whether an offer of this nature has been made.  We suspect that the Eagles would, at a minimum, want to replace Samuel with Sheldon Brown.

Anyway, stay tuned.  This is all uncorroborated, but we know that our friends in Philly are desperate for information, and that our friends in Oakland are desperate for hope.

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

[h1][/h1]
Every once in a while, we develop a tipster who builds a track record of providing tips that end up being true.

And one of our latest tipsters who has been accurate with past tips (for the most part) has now given us a tip regarding the trade terms that possibly would send Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Raiders.

Per the tip -- uncorroborated but nevertheless intriguing -- McNabb and cornerback Asante Samuel would go to Oakland, and cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha would go to Philadelphia.

We don't know whether an offer of this nature has been made.  We suspect that the Eagles would, at a minimum, want to replace Samuel with Sheldon Brown.

Anyway, stay tuned.  This is all uncorroborated, but we know that our friends in Philly are desperate for information, and that our friends in Oakland are desperate for hope.

Lord knows we need a QB...but man...It just doesn't make sense to trade Nnamdi for Asante...I wish they would somehow throw Jamarcus in the mix
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Lord knows we need a QB...but man...It just doesn't make sense to trade Nnamdi for Asante...I wish they would somehow throw Jamarcus in the mix
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I agree.
I feel like if asante comes to oaktown, he's not going to work as hard as nnamdi, a la randy moss.

nnamdi has  class on/off the field and I just don't see the same from asante.

Bush and McFadden need to work together

nfl_mcfadden_bush_576.jpg

US Presswire
The Raiders have to figure out a way to effectively use both of their running backs, Darren McFadden and Michael Bush.

The quarterback battle will not be the only intrigue in the backfield during Oakland’s training camp this summer. 

Raiders coach Tom Cable said this week during the NFL owners meetings that running backsDarren McFadden and Michael Bush will compete for the starting job. 

Unlike Oakland’s quarterback battle between bust-in-waiting JaMarcus Russell and feisty journeyman Bruce Gradkowski, Oakland’s running back competition could really help the team. Let’s face it, Oakland’s quarterback situation is murky at best. Even if the admirable Gradkowski wins the job, he is not likely a long-term answer. 

The running game is potentially Oakland’s best chance for offensive success. 

Cable has indicated he'd like either McFadden or Bush to step up and become a premier tailback. It seems McFadden, who has been a disappointment since being picked fourth overall in the 2008 draft, could have the first chance to separate himself. 

But Cable wants to see one of them become a standout. 

“We’ll move forward with those two guys,

McFadden & Bush have some suspect work ethics.

I hope gradkowski & Louis murphy become the stars of the raiders offense because they seem to be the only people who actually care.

*by the way DHB has been at the facility working hard and I really hope he blossoms next season.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

milkandcookies wrote:

[h1][/h1]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

According to this article, it would be Asomugha for McNabb and Samuels. We know Al loves great CB play so this makes sense.

I also read Philly wasn't having it and I guess this would make sense. I wouldn't do this trade if I was the Eagles.

theres an article on TMZ saying McNabb will not go to the raiders and refuse the trade/not show up

I was devestated that the McNabb trade didnt go down but your video ^^^^^^ made me feel better. Bruce to Murphy= winning combination. thanx  
barack_obama(008-headshot-wiping-tears-away-med).JPG

Oakland Raiders 2010 Schedule
WkDateMatchupTVTime
1Sun, Sept. 12at Tennessee TitansCBS1 p.m.

2Sun, Sept. 19vs. St. Louis RamsFOX4:05 p.m.

3Sun, Sept. 26at Arizona CardinalsCBS4:15 p.m.

4Sun, Oct. 3vs. Houston TexansCBS4:05 p.m.

5Sun, Oct. 10vs. San Diego ChargersCBS4:15 p.m.

6Sun, Oct. 17at San Francisco 49ersCBS4:05 p.m.

7Sun, Oct. 24at Denver BroncosCBS4:15 p.m.

8Sun, Oct. 31vs. Seattle SeahawksFOX4:15 p.m.

9Sun, Nov. 7vs. Kansas City ChiefsCBS4:15 p.m.

10Bye

11Sun, Nov. 21at Pittsburgh SteelersCBS1 p.m.

12Sun, Nov. 28vs. Miami DolphinsCBS4:05 p.m.

13Sun, Dec. 5at San Diego ChargersCBS4:05 p.m.

14Sun, Dec. 12at Jacksonville JaguarsCBS1 p.m.

15Sun, Dec. 19vs. Denver BroncosCBS4:15 p.m.

16Sun, Dec. 26vs. Indianapolis ColtsCBS4:05 p.m.

17Sun, Jan. 2at Kansas City ChiefsCBS1 p.m.

Back
Top Bottom