***Official Ohio State football 2009 off-season thread vol. Spring Game April 25!

Okay, after seeing the Fiesta Bowl thread, it seems that there are enough Buckeye fans to make an official thread work. So a day after the heartbreaking lossto Texas, lets start looking ahead to next year.

Losing 27 seniors that were decorated with the numbers of..
43 wins
4 Big Ten championships (2 outright)
4 BCS bowl appearances
2 national championship game appearances
4-0 against Michigan
..is going to be tough. But, currently tOSU has #1 recruiting class on scout.com, #2 on rivals.com.

Some off-season questions to discuss:
Coaching changes/switches?
Will the remaining big recruits end up in Columbus?
Can someone fix Pryor's throwing motions?

Like I said, I hope there is enough interest to make this thread work. If there is I will update and post regularly.

1/7/09: Beanie declares for draft. The days of seeing the nastiest stiff-arm in college will be missed.

from the little Ohio State football I have seen, I must say that I don't see Wells staying, I think he's made enough of a case for the L

Tressell needs to suit the offense to Pryor's skills....

I don't see Pryor being used to his full potential in this offense. It's too slow IMO

Originally Posted by vctry20

from the little Ohio State football I have seen, I must say that I don't see Wells staying, I think he's made enough of a case for the L

Yeah I don't see wells coming back either, but he will most likley be a 2nd round bust in the league.

I like Coach Tressel but is he getting a pass by most fans due to his record against the coward team up north???

Y'all need a Good QB coach. Or the QB coach needs to do his job.

And Jammal Berry is not that good....Don't expect him to come in and have an impact like Herron had this year.
Originally Posted by J0E HUSTLE

Wells is going to get MURKED in the L...

Can anyone say Lawrence Maroney?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xnyles

The Qb needs to work hard on his mechanics.

They need an Offensive Coordinator and recievers who can stretch the field....
Gamble,M.Jenkins, Boston...

you know, the ones John Cooper recruited....

^^Those receivers are coming I believe, Duron Carter's stock keeps going up and (fingers crossed) Marlon Brown.

Dr Funk: Since we have an Oregon fan in here, where is Boyd going to go?

Am I the only one that sees Wells coming back? He "wants to be the best to ever come through Ohio State" and could win a Heisman, and I can see theBucks going 11-1 or 10-2 next year and back in a BCS game. I'm sure he isn't happy about being 0-3 in bowl games. And he has developed a greatfriendship with Pryor from what I've heard. Those two together next year should be great if it happens.

Originally Posted by corwinator3407

^^Those receivers are coming I believe, Duron Carter's stock keeps going up and (fingers crossed) Marlon Brown.

Dr Funk: Since we have an Oregon fan in here, where is Boyd going to go?

Am I the only one that sees Wells coming back? He "wants to be the best to ever come through Ohio State" and could win a Heisman, and I can see the Bucks going 11-1 or 10-2 next year and back in a BCS game. I'm sure he isn't happy about being 0-3 in bowl games. And he has developed a great friendship with Pryor from what I've heard. Those two together next year should be great if it happens.
I just heard he's going to take an official to Clemson
eyes.gif

Where do I think he will go? Probably Clemson or Ohio State. Oregon's got a pretty loaded QB spot...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him on the team...a lot. But depth wise, I don't really know where he'd fit in. We'll find out soon Iguess.

An Ohio State insider on Scout said that Boyd was pimping Oregon to other players at the AAAG. He doesn't believe Boyd comes to Ohio State. He also said towatch out for Clemson...closer to home and the depth chart is more favorable than Oregon's. Tressel has an in-home visit with him today I believe so letshope he can sway him back to the Buckeye State.

I'd love for Wells to stay, but I just don't see it happening. For my own selfish reasons, I want him to stay, but he needs to leave. I believehe's got 9 other siblings he needs to take care of. He's got nothing to prove to any Ohio State fan. He's one of the best ever to put on a Buckeyehelmet.

OSU's depth chart has to appeal to Boyd. Assuming Pryor is going to start for 3 more years, if Boyd came and redshirted he could still have two years ofstarting.

Bucks obviously need an OC, however Tressel has stated multiple times that his ego would never let him hand over the play calling duties........there's gotto be some kind of medium between the predictable play-calling of Tressel and the revamped offense possible if an OC is hired......the need for a new OC hasbeen an issue for awhile since they had Smith/Ginn/Gonzo

Beanie is good as gone, too much of a risk to play another season without another injury......word is he's loves the Browns and would like to play for them

Pryor needs better coaching, his throwing motion has been the same since his first couple of games, no improvement whatsoever....dr Funk 13 is dead on

Originally Posted by corwinator3407

OSU's depth chart has to appeal to Boyd. Assuming Pryor is going to start for 3 more years, if Boyd came and redshirted he could still have two years of starting.
You would think Ohio State's depth chart would appeal to him. If they don't pick up a QB in this class, they'll have 2 scholarshipsQBs for next season.
sick.gif
If anything would happen to Terrelle...the seasonis in the tank.

I think tressel should have implemented the 2 QB thing way back....Pryor is a great athlete. I think he messed up by benching Boekman. As everyone saw hemade some good throws in the few snaps he got. They should have played Pryor at WR and given him a few plays at QB. I dont know why Pryor didnt go to Michigan.This offense doesnt seem to fit him so its going to be interesting to see how he develops in the next couple years.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

I think tressel should have implemented the 2 QB thing way back....Pryor is a great athlete. I think he messed up by benching Beckman. As everyone saw he made some good throws in the few snaps he got. They should have played Pryor at WR and given him a few plays at QB. I dont know why Pryor didnt go to Michigan. This offense doesnt seem to fit him so its going to be interesting to see how he develops in the next couple years.
the reason he got benched in the first place... inconsistency....

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Originally Posted by outkast9984

I think tressel should have implemented the 2 QB thing way back....Pryor is a great athlete. I think he messed up by benching Beckman. As everyone saw he made some good throws in the few snaps he got. They should have played Pryor at WR and given him a few plays at QB. I dont know why Pryor didnt go to Michigan. This offense doesnt seem to fit him so its going to be interesting to see how he develops in the next couple years.
the reason he got benched in the first place... inconsistency....

He got benched after the second game.... just because they got blown out by a better team in USC doesnt mean he deserved to get benched....the reason why hestruggled is because their "great" offensive line didnt play up to the expectations and couldnt protect the guy

Back
Top Bottom