***Official Ohio State football 2009 off-season thread vol. Spring Game April 25!

Not mad at all at Hartline leaving...more time for our younger receivers that have promise...ours from this year weregarbage.

Originally Posted by kingkb34

Not mad at all at Hartline leaving...more time for our younger receivers that have promise...ours from this year were garbage.

Agreed. I liked Hartline's game last yr but this yr he seemed...idk? He kinda digressed. Maybe he got complacent.
I like Ray coming back. I think that's a good look for him and the team.

Coleman's coming back..
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

So it looks like my man DP will be the number 1 guy up at O$U next year right? He has to be over Hartline IMO?

Now that Hartline's gone, It will be a nice mix of Posey, Sanz, and Small with a little bit of Carter in the mixture. I think the WR's are the leastof my worries, I really like the guys, especially if they still get Marlon Brown.

Originally Posted by corwinator3407

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

So it looks like my man DP will be the number 1 guy up at O$U next year right? He has to be over Hartline IMO?

Now that Hartline's gone, It will be a nice mix of Posey, Sanz, and Small with a little bit of Carter in the mixture. I think the WR's are the least of my worries, I really like the guys, especially if they still get Marlon Brown.

I agree

Expect Donald Washington to announce that he's entering the NFL Draft in the morning...

Also, Fickell interviewed for the DC job at Notre Dame. I guess he'd be co-DC with Tenuta. Absolutely cannot lose him. That'd be a huge blow...OhioState needs to step up and PAY the man.

^For real. We'll see how that situation develops.

D-Wash gone, the secondary is probably my biggest worry for next year now. Who starts on the other side with Chekwa?

Update on the Fickell situation...he's not going anywhere.

That other corner position will interesting to watch. Amos is coming off years of injuries, but when healthy he's been impressive. Also, Travis Howard hasimpressed, as well.

Ya we def. want Fickell to stay.
However, Luke was also contacted by Eric Mangini to coach LBs for the Browns.

I hope not but it sounds like some of the safeties are gonna be playing outta position next yr.

After losing out on Boyd, the Buckeyes are gonna pick up a commitment this weekend from 3* QB Kenneth Guiton out of Texas. This one moved really quickly. Propsto the coaching staff...looks like a nice pick-up with time running out.

Looks like we have a nice class comin in as always

I hope we use our talent right this up coming year

Devin Gardner is for real, saw him play this year, real athletic. I hope my Spartans somehow end up with him or Bolden.

Posey going to have a good year, can't wait to see my teammates Damian and Mitch come in for the USC game
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I can't stand OSU with Tressel at the helm, but hopefully he calls this season like the first half of the Texasgame
happy.gif

edit - When I get em, I'll sell my season tix (minus the USC game)
nerd.gif

Looks like Marlon Brown is deciding between....Tenn and UGA. Adding him would have made our WR's second to none, but I'm happy with what we have.

Brown to Georgia of course, knew we weren't getting him.

Really glad Marcus Hall signed though.

Can't wait for Spring game.

nerd.gif
Spring game saturday at 1:00.
COLUMBUS - Senior defensive tackle Todd Denlinger won the coin toss for the Gray team and they used the No. 1 overall pick in this year's spring game to select quarterback Terrelle Pryor. The Scarlet team took quarterback Joe Bauserman with their first pick.

According to Tressel, Pryor and Bauserman will both wear black "no contact" jersey's for the first quarter. Pryor will be live in a red jersey in the 2nd and 4th quarters, Bauserman in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Walk-on Justin Siems will play quarterback for the Gray team in the 2nd quarter and the Scarlet team in the 3rd quarter.

Prior to the draft, head coach Jim Tressel assigned wide receivers coach Darrell Hazell to coach the Scarlet team and linebackers coach Luke Fickell to coach the Gray squad. He appointed senior Jim Cordle, Doug Worthington, Lawrence Wilson, Anderson Russell, Jon Thoma, Andre Amos, Joe Gantz and Ryan Schuck to play for Hazell's Scarlet team, while seniors Kurt Coleman, Todd Denlinger, Ray Small, Jake Ballard, Marcus Williams, Aaron Pettrey, Tom Ingham and Andrew Moses were pre-appointed to the Gray team.

Here is a complete list of the draft order:

1ST POSITION: Quarterbacks
1. Terrelle Pryor (Gray)
2. Joe Bauserman (Scarlet)

2ND POSITION: Leo
3. Thad Gibson (Scarlet)
4. Solomon Thomas (Gray)
5. Stewart Smith (Scarlet)

3RD POSITION: Defensive Line
6. Cam Heyward (Gray)
7. Dex Larimore (Scarlet)
8. Garrett Goebel (Gray)