Official OVO x JB Thread

They are underwhelming I mean it’s just and 8 with hints of gold and owl on the heel tab.

Overall the gold toe 1’s pop more and are better in person.

Got the Gold Toe's. I will stick with them then.

Definitely ain’t worth hassle spoon... they wack imo ... trying to swap this white pair I have for something I actually want may be a problem

Ok, I will save my cash. Hope you can swap it out for something you really like. Thanks for your input, cold. :nthat:

If you actually have these in hand and you're criticizing these White OVOs then you're either relatively new to the game, you don't like AJ 8s in general, and/or you just don't own any/many other AJ 8s. The quality (the materials and the finished product itself) is by far the best of any 8s that I've ever come across, it's not even close. And if the goddamn dad shoe wave can't be stopped, and AJ 8s start to gain mainstream popularity, then these White OVOs could set the bar on quality for that trend--the SBBs of the dad shoe wave.

I really would like to see some side by side comparisons of these and the Champagne and Confetti 8s.

My black OVO flight suit just came in from Nike, and I am surprised by the quality and how good it looks. The gold on the design and logos definitely pop. The material is also really sturdy and feels wind resistant like a heavy wind breaker. I’m glad I got it for retail because I definitely wouldn’t want to pay resale for it.

If you actually have these in hand and you're criticizing these White OVOs then you're either relatively new to the game, you don't like AJ 8s in general, and/or you just don't own any/many other AJ 8s. The quality (the materials and the finished product itself) is by far the best of any 8s that I've ever come across, it's not even close. And if the goddamn dad shoe wave can't be stopped, and AJ 8s start to gain mainstream popularity, then these White OVOs could set the bar on quality for that trend--the SBBs of the dad shoe wave.

these ovos aint nothing special imo. if these had released as a reg jordan drop without drake/ovo attached to it....would as many people cop? i dont think so. i can go rock a pair of the champagne 8s for cheaper. a gold owl doesnt make a shoe better imo. these basically same as those.

these ovos aint nothing special imo. if these had released as a reg jordan drop without drake/ovo attached to it....would as many people cop? i dont think so. i can go rock a pair of the champagne 8s for cheaper. a gold owl doesnt make a shoe better imo. these basically same as those.

They're similar but the ovo is more wearable IMO being leather and not the nubuck the trophy is. The trophy just has a louder tone to it imo

I would.... and I would have been happier as I probably could have got them $100 cheaper if they were a GR. I like simple shoes, especially white ones. The Champagne 8s are just as expensive as these...

I’ve seen a few go below $300 now. I’d honestly double up if it hits $250. The quality is really good for a beater.

F1D7AE99-EAA3-48DD-B0CB-DAD283146FAE.jpeg

Champagne 8s are two years old, used nubuck & leather that is average-at-best, and they're selling on StockX for ~$25 less than the White OVOs...I agree with you on the Black OVOs, but not the White pair--completely different situation

Looks like UPS is dropping these off today, instead of tomorrow... It’s pouring out here though, damn near flooding the streets in Dallas.

My black OVO flight suit just came in from Nike, and I am surprised by the quality and how good it looks. The gold on the design and logos definitely pop. The material is also really sturdy and feels wind resistant like a heavy wind breaker. I’m glad I got it for retail because I definitely wouldn’t want to pay resale for it.
Did you get the jacket and the pants? I want this so bad, but nobody is selling the pants

Lowest ask for size 11 in the black on stockx is at $290. These are dipping quick. Just $10-15 more dollars so I can buy

Did you get the jacket and the pants? I want this so bad, but nobody is selling the pants
Yep I got the jacket and pants Sz medium. Fit me perfect not too loose. I don’t have the ovo 8s but I have the black ovo 12s and gold toe 1s that I’ll probably rock with it. Prices on the 8s have been dropping so maybe I’ll grab a pair eventually to match.

Last edited:
I would really love to know how these partnerships really work. Like how much control does Nike really give Drake? Can he pick the shoe model? My guess is not, because I'm sure most people would choose to work on a 1 or 11, maybe even a 4. Forget about even trying to come up with your own new silhouette. They probably tell Drake to cash these checks and stay out of our way. Adidas is probably a little more desperate, they'll probably give you more money AND more control.

Back
Top Bottom