OFFICIAL PATRICK EWING/ EWING ATHLETICS THREAD. VOL. THEY ARE OFFICIALLY BACK!

Vote on the Ewing Model you would like to see return!

• Asphalt

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Boomer

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Concept

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Eclipse

• Extreme

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Key

• Kross

• Orion

• Prizm

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Rogue

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Street New York City

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Swatt

• Total voters
ubiqlife.com (local philly boutique) is releasing them in store at 11AM and just tweeted they will be taking phone orders starting at 1pm EST

Edit: Facebook update says taking phone orders at 12pm EST but twitter says 1pm EST

Phone:

215-988-0194

Last edited:
1. Stars warring the brand doesn't mean it was a success. FUBU tells us that story
2. the Jordan 2 looks pretty similar if I do say so myself, but it wasn't that it looked just like another shoe, it was that it was an "off brand"
3. We went over that it was an "area" thing already. You late bro.

Wow. FUBU wasn't a success? Cause last time I checked those dudes made hundreds of millions of dollars and everyone and their mother was wearing it.

And the Jordan 2 looks similar to the 33 Hi? Yea your right, I'm surprised they didn't get sued for looking so much a like :lol:

Honestly I wonder will Niketalk get there pairs like he said though. I cant make it to any release and i sure can't do phone orders. I just want a pair of shoes b. Ill holler at DJ from Rarebreed and cop something else.

Wow. FUBU wasn't a success? Cause last time I checked those dudes made hundreds of millions of dollars and everyone and their mother was wearing it.

And the Jordan 2 looks similar to the 33 Hi? Yea your right, I'm surprised they didn't get sued for looking so much a like :lol:

You wanna argue about this and that PM me. Dudes like you come on here trying to one up everyone. It was my area, what I saw growing up, my opinion, get over it. Anything else you have to say? Trying to school me on my hood? Lol nah bro. And you wanna talk about success..... Walmart shoes sell too..... You wanna rock a pair? It doesn't matter who's buying what, wack is wack take that sarcastic female type mentality to someone else. It's not cute, funny, ect..... Peace

Last edited:
also to follow up on the ewings taking cues from nike shoes the midsole is similar to the air force 3

damn i want the white/blue...

Last edited:
grats to ev1 that scooped their pairs.  i decided im just gonna wait til a bigger online release later.  spend my kicks budget on some other stuff since there will be more chances to get these later (which is part of why the resale on these makes no sense)

You wanna argue about this and that PM me. Dudes like you come on here trying to one up everyone. It was my area, what I saw growing up, my opinion, get over it. Anything else you have to say? Trying to school me on my hood? Lol nah bro. And you wanna talk about success..... Walmart shoes sell too..... You wanna rock a pair? It doesn't matter who's buying what, wack is wack take that sarcastic female type mentality to someone else. It's not cute, funny, ect..... Peace

:lol: One up everyone? Who's everyone? I haven't been on Niketalk for over 9 years because I come on here to one up people. And maybe you should go to the first page and see who exactly started this thread some 3 years ago.

YOU MADE STATEMENTS, NO WHERE DID YOU SAY IN MY AREA FUBU wasn't successful. Also no where did you say the Ewing 33 Hi's wasn't successful IN YOUR AREA until loskickking23 ASKED YOU where you live.

So try back peddling with someone else.

Had you REALLY said that the Ewing 33 HI wasn't successful in YOUR AREA and FUBU wasn't successful in YOUR AREA we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

And as far as Walmart goes, the majority of people that know me on this message board know I'll wear any brand if I like the shoe, I don't give a crap if it comes from Walmart or Supreme if I like it I'll wear it.

The only person with the female mentality is you, trying to back peddle on what you said by lying that you were talking about your specific area even though YOU DIDN"T WRITE "in your specific area". Next time clarify yourself from the beginning or admit you made a mistake (either in your assumption about the brand or how you wrote the statement) and there would be nothing but love on this end. I've written stuff that when I went back was completely off, the only thing different is that I'll admit when I F'd up the same can't be said for you in this situation. Peace.

[quote url="/t/208299/official-patrick-ewing-ewing-athletics-thread-vol-they-are-officially-back/450#post_16366065"]you can't lie tho, both shoes for $200 flat is great[/quote]

[quote url="/t/208299/official-patrick-ewing-ewing-athletics-thread-vol-they-are-officially-back/450#post_16366069"]
One will sell for $200 come saturday afternoon. I had to pay $200 on the first run.[/quote]

These 2 quotes illustrate fully what is value prop and the foundation for brand as well as what I consider as a warning sign that the balance between hype and sustainable business model is shifting to the wrong end of the scale.

The Ewing brand has a terrific brand message - authentic,quality retros that pay homage to Ewing the player and the messages that the original brand was trying to convey, all at a fair price point. And I totally understand in the current market place, there is no way a startup or relaunch brand will have any chance of success without playing the hype card.

Heck, even the Goliaths of the industry have to play the same game. However, I think any time you have peeps lining up outside spots on a "restock" (which btw, is somewhat of a credibility buster that ultimately destroys brand equity imo), a red flag should be raised. I was at Kith's Manhattan location on 8/31 around 3 PM (knowing full well I had missed out on the initial release but wanted to find out the release strategy anyways) and was told there's "ZERO" chance the white and red 33 Hi's will get restocked. However, this clearly was NOT the case as they are one of the retailers for the 9/29 release.

There are so many things that are not right with what I had experienced - I can understand the "anticipation" the brand is trying to create with the 8/31 "initial release" and with that there will inevitably come the "national release" (which was marketed superbly btw and kudos to the brand for that). I also understand any intended/unintended "exclusivity" the brand is trying to create with ONLY 33 retailers nation-wide. What I'm a bit confused is, why let the hype persist to the point peeps feel the need to create a fb page to knock on the hype or feel compelled to look at the $200+ pairs that are being listed on eBay.

I think this really can be solved with a wider distribution channel. While the Footlockers and Finishlines of the market place may be difficult to get to, how about the Modell's, the Dr. Jay's, the VIM's or the Sports Chalets of the market place? To me, those are PERFECT candidates to increase your reach if the goal is to expand the brand beyond a hype-dependent business model. At the same time, these are your grass-root retailers that the ORIGINAL customers of the brand can resonate with.

Imagine a scenario where you create the buzz exactly like you did with the preview release on 8/31 and you take care of your 33 retailers with the re-launch release on 9/29 but how about a true national release on 10/1 (media day for the NBA btw) with say Modell's/VIM/Dr. Jay's/Sports Chalet/Sports authority. On top of that, you can launch the web store with a web release on the same day and you lay out the plan exactly like it is on the brand's website. This way, you effectively manage the hype rather than letting hype dictate how your business model operates and to which degree do you let hype adversely affect your brand equity.

In the end, I was extremely lucky and was able to cop a pair with surprising ease last night but I had originally wanted to make my purchase directly from the brand's web store. However, a lack of communication as to what is expected from the web store and because I fell partial victim to the hype, I felt compelled to act yesterday instead of waiting any more.

Going forward, I really hope the decision-makers of the brand can reconsider release and marketing strategy thoroughly. The brand has had a very promising relaunch and I truly wish nothing but blazing success for the brand (as I look forward to copping more awesome Ewing retros in the future) so I would really hate to see it fall prey to the typical pitfalls of the industry.

Here's to more great things for the Ewing brand and how about some more news on the tee's that were supposed to be released before 33 Hi's national release? :tongue:

:lol: One up everyone? Who's everyone? I haven't been on Niketalk for over 9 years because I come on here to one up people. And maybe you should go to the first page and see who exactly started this thread some 3 years ago.
YOU MADE STATEMENTS, NO WHERE DID YOU SAY IN MY AREA FUBU wasn't successful. Also no where did you say the Ewing 33 Hi's wasn't successful IN YOUR AREA until loskickking23 ASKED YOU where you live.

So try back peddling with someone else.
Had you REALLY said that the Ewing 33 HI wasn't successful in YOUR AREA and FUBU wasn't successful in YOUR AREA we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.
And as far as Walmart goes, the majority of people that know me on this message board know I'll wear any brand if I like the shoe, I don't give a crap if it comes from Walmart or Supreme if I like it I'll wear it.
The only person with the female mentality is you, trying to back peddle on what you said by lying that you were talking about your specific area even though YOU DIDN"T WRITE "in your specific area". Next time clarify yourself from the beginning or admit you made a mistake (either in your assumption about the brand or how you wrote the statement) and there would be nothing but love on this end. I've written stuff that when I went back was completely off, the only thing different is that I'll admit when I F'd up the same can't be said for you in this situation. Peace.

Again, you're not saying anything that hasn't already been said. Doesn't matter how long you've been on here, get off your high horse bro. A few others and I already stated that it was an area thing later in that conversation. How would we know back in the day what the whole world was thinking about a pair or a brand? There was no Internet, thus "in my area" is implied or universally understood. Hop off, peace.

Last edited:
I think this really can be solved with a wider distribution channel. While the Footlockers and Finishlines of the market place may be difficult to get to, how about the Modell's, the Dr. Jay's, the VIM's or the Sports Chalets of the market place? To me, those are PERFECT candidates to increase your reach if the goal is to expand the brand beyond a hype-dependent business model. At the same time, these are your grass-root retailers that the ORIGINAL customers of the brand can resonate with.
:tongue:

The problem isn't getting into a Finishline or Footlocker its being able to fulfill their order requirements which usually costs a lot of money. Same thing for Dr. Jays and VIM which is probably why they wont be carried in those stores for now.

Again, you're not saying anything that hasn't already been said. Doesn't matter how long you've been on here, get off your high horse bro. A few others and I already stated that it was an area thing later in that conversation. How would we know back in the day what the whole world was thinking about a pair or a brand? There was no Internet, thus "in my area" is implied or universally understood. Hop off, peace.

:lol:

Get off my high horse WTF are you talking about?!:lol: Cause I said I haven't been on Niketalk for over 9 years because I come on here to one up people? :x
And no, "In my area is not universally understood." You didn't need the internet back in the day to know what was going on in other areas, I think the bottom line is you didn't really know what was going on at the time because you were probably to young, either way you have some serious communication issues and on that note I'm done with you.

I saw a YouTube video of the Knicks colorway last night, which is the colorway I passed on, and the guy in the video was was really downplaying the quality of the shoe. I was surprised on how sloppy his pair looked in the video. The midsole paint job was very bad, almost looked like a 7th grader was given the task to paint it. There was also excess thread taped to the insole of the shoe...had me completely dumbfounded, like how the hell does a shoe priced at $100 even release like that......:stoneface:

I'm kinda glad I passed on the Knicks colorway, but I did purchase the reds. I can only imagine what they might look like upon further review. :x

^^^^ lol, k. how else would you know what was going on in different areas bro? Dude in DC had no clue what people from Bmore were doing and were rocking completely different things, and that's just an hour. You're wrong. It happens bro, don't worry about it.

^^^^ lol, k. how else would you know what was going on in different areas bro? Dude in DC had no clue what people from Bmore were doing and were rocking completely different things, and that's just an hour. You're wrong. It happens bro, don't worry about it.

:lol: That question just further confirms to me that you weren't old enough to really remember.

Well, it looks like Packer uses a real time inventory counter, but I'm still not gonna feel completely safe until I get a shipping confirmation.  They actually went live about 2-3 minutes early.  Thank the lord I was being a loser at home hitting refresh on my computer, lol.  Congrats to everyone who got an order confirmation!

Peace,
   J

Fellow Member of Team Loser F5-Refresh here!

so i went through packers last night, got my order confirmation.
anyone know when they will get shipped, it even says priority usps shipping

I saw a YouTube video of the Knicks colorway last night, which is the colorway I passed on, and the guy in the video was was really downplaying the quality of the shoe. I was surprised on how sloppy his pair looked in the video. The midsole paint job was very bad, almost looked like a 7th grader was given the task to paint it. There was also excess thread taped to the insole of the shoe...had me completely dumbfounded, like how the hell does a shoe priced at $100 even release like that......:stoneface:
I'm kinda glad I passed on the Knicks colorway, but I did purchase the reds. I can only imagine what they might look like upon further review. :x

My Knicks colorway has none of the issues you mentioned. I'm happy with both pairs ..

stopped by Packers at noon, there was about 40 ppl in line. Still managed to get both pairs in my size and also told them to cancel my online order, so they have an extra pair of the white/blue in a 10.5 if anyone is still looking.

Last edited:
Attempting to cancel my order at Packer Shoes sometime soon so if anyone needs a 10.5, be on the lookout there.

:lol: That question just further confirms to me that you weren't old enough to really remember.
K, your argument has derailed completely and now you're resorting to other tactics. Go back to being "done" with me boss.

Blocked. Peace.

Last edited:
Planing on calling packers to make sure my order when through. Quality wise, you guys impressed, mad, pleased?

Back
Top Bottom