Official PC thread.

^ no problem. glad to be of help.

Like the video says (EDIT: and apparently what I previously said?
laugh.gif
)... If this keeps on happening again and again, you might need to consider purchasing a new drive. Fortunately, they go for only about $20 now.
Anyway, been reading up on Kepler for the past two hours or so is making me reconsider on selling my newly RMA'ed card right away after I get it. Might hold off on purchasing that EVGA 580 SC and cop the new ones by then. Probably will wait until maybe June or so.

^ no problem. glad to be of help.

Like the video says (EDIT: and apparently what I previously said?
laugh.gif
)... If this keeps on happening again and again, you might need to consider purchasing a new drive. Fortunately, they go for only about $20 now.
Anyway, been reading up on Kepler for the past two hours or so is making me reconsider on selling my newly RMA'ed card right away after I get it. Might hold off on purchasing that EVGA 580 SC and cop the new ones by then. Probably will wait until maybe June or so.

Slightly more interested in Windows 8 Consumer Preview coming this week. Hope there are more changes than just metro.

Slightly more interested in Windows 8 Consumer Preview coming this week. Hope there are more changes than just metro.

so im getting rid of my alienware m14x and i was wondering how i should delete all my data???

anyhelp is appreciated

so im getting rid of my alienware m14x and i was wondering how i should delete all my data???

anyhelp is appreciated

Originally Posted by odog24

anyhelp is appreciated

if its a regular hard drive use dban from http://www.dban.org/
for ssd use which ever toolbox erase program the ssd supports
Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ hmmm... slightly piqued my interest. still a fan of the standard interface, though.

yeah if metro and a couple window explorer changes are all they are doing for windows 8 ill pass on purchasing.

Originally Posted by odog24

anyhelp is appreciated

if its a regular hard drive use dban from http://www.dban.org/
for ssd use which ever toolbox erase program the ssd supports

^ hmmm... slightly piqued my interest. still a fan of the standard interface, though.

yeah if metro and a couple window explorer changes are all they are doing for windows 8 ill pass on purchasing.

Okay I'm dual booting Windows 7 and Ubuntu now. But I only have 10 gigs on my C drive now
frown.gif

Quick question, if I update my C drive and get a larger SSD. Would I have to format my raid disk too? I'm updatign this SSD soon but I don't want to have to lose everything on my slave drive

Okay I'm dual booting Windows 7 and Ubuntu now. But I only have 10 gigs on my C drive now
frown.gif

Quick question, if I update my C drive and get a larger SSD. Would I have to format my raid disk too? I'm updatign this SSD soon but I don't want to have to lose everything on my slave drive

There should be ghost or mirror software that comes with your new SSD and that lets you transfer everything from your current SSD to your new one.  You should not lose any data from any of your storage drives.

There should be ghost or mirror software that comes with your new SSD and that lets you transfer everything from your current SSD to your new one.  You should not lose any data from any of your storage drives.

^Doing the same... but the old-fashioned way: I'm formatting my primary drive tonight and finally switching to the Crucial M4 SSD as my boot drive. Such a pain in the @#$ but I hope it's worth it in the end.
mad.gif

^Doing the same... but the old-fashioned way: I'm formatting my primary drive tonight and finally switching to the Crucial M4 SSD as my boot drive. Such a pain in the @#$ but I hope it's worth it in the end.
mad.gif

mad.gif
Are you doing a fresh install of Windows 7? If you are, you can set it up so that the Users folder is on your slave drive.  This allows you to conserve space on the SSD by saving your pictures, documents, music, etc on your slave drive.  I'm not sure if I am explaining this clearly so here is a pic of what I am talking about.  My SSD is the C drive with all the standard Windows folders.  My hard drive is the X drive with 3 folders: Users, Program Files, and Program Files (x86).  On my hard drive I have games, music, pics, and other stuff that I don't need to put on the SSD.

amwcnl.jpg

Pic has been resized for some reason... but I think you see what I'm talking about.

mad.gif
Are you doing a fresh install of Windows 7? If you are, you can set it up so that the Users folder is on your slave drive.  This allows you to conserve space on the SSD by saving your pictures, documents, music, etc on your slave drive.  I'm not sure if I am explaining this clearly so here is a pic of what I am talking about.  My SSD is the C drive with all the standard Windows folders.  My hard drive is the X drive with 3 folders: Users, Program Files, and Program Files (x86).  On my hard drive I have games, music, pics, and other stuff that I don't need to put on the SSD.

amwcnl.jpg

Pic has been resized for some reason... but I think you see what I'm talking about.

^ yup. just did a clean install and removed everything from my former 1TB HDD (transferred everything over to an external for the meantime). While I wait for my RMA'ed GPU to arrive, I guess I'm stuck with this for three weeks.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

425977_10150594819823736_593738735_9155440_287353805_n.jpg

system boot in less than 20 seconds... shutdown in less than 10.
pimp.gif

^ yup. just did a clean install and removed everything from my former 1TB HDD (transferred everything over to an external for the meantime). While I wait for my RMA'ed GPU to arrive, I guess I'm stuck with this for three weeks.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

425977_10150594819823736_593738735_9155440_287353805_n.jpg

system boot in less than 20 seconds... shutdown in less than 10.
pimp.gif

Does the Window's Experience table update your subscores as new technology comes out? My computer is still fairly beefy but some of the components are coming up on 2+ years old yet still rank in the 7s.

Does the Window's Experience table update your subscores as new technology comes out? My computer is still fairly beefy but some of the components are coming up on 2+ years old yet still rank in the 7s.

Originally Posted by SneakerReaper

mad.gif
Yeah that's what I did too. followed this guide
http://www.overclock.net/t/664738/how-to-setup-ssd-boot-drive-with-secondary-hard-disc-optimization

Back
Top Bottom