Official PC thread.

Just built a new rig since my old mobo crapped out for some reason...
Old set-up:

i5-750 Quad 2.66GHz

Evga P-55 SLI

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

6GB OCZ Gold

Asus GTX 560 Ti DirectCUII

Cooler Master Elite 371 case

New set-up: 

i5-3570K 3.4GHz

Asus Z77 Sabertooth

6GB OCZ Gold

Evga GTX 670

Crucial m4 60GB SSD

Phantom NZXT Full Tower

barely got it up and running about an hour ago, so far so good

anyone have anyclue !** this means?

i tried re installing and restarting the comp

any help?

mwxshz.jpg

Originally Posted by rcdp

Hard drive doesnt have enough space

oh.

laugh.gif

but how much space would it require? it allowed me to go on like 5 mins prior, then i tried downloading a map and this came up
nerd.gif

I'd say free up a considerable amount... like 5GB to be on the safe side so you don't run into this problem that often right after solving this one.

If you don't have any files/content you can remove, and have some money to spend... just add a new hard drive. Easy enough.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

Monitor capacitor is gone lol.

Running at 5% brightness FTL.
Looks like someone has a reason to cop a new monitor now. j/p 
laugh.gif

If it's under warranty... RMA away. Otherwise go with my first suggestion. Lol.
Originally Posted by bboykye

Just built a new rig since my old mobo crapped out for some reason...
Old set-up:

i5-750 Quad 2.66GHz

Evga P-55 SLI

6GB OCZ Gold

Asus GTX 560 Ti DirectCUII

Cooler Master Elite 371 case

New set-up: 

i5-3570K 3.4GHz

Asus Z77 Sabertooth

6GB OCZ Gold

Evga GTX 670

Crucial m4 60GB SSD

Phantom NZXT Full Tower

barely got it up and running about an hour ago, so far so good
Nice hardware. Looks like your rig's good to go for at least 4-5 years. Hope you have a good PSU.
Originally Posted by sundro2000

Sorry I ment to ask is it worth it to upgrade to an I5 processor or is the I3 good enough
I'd say the i3 is good enough for what you're going to be doing, and it should draw less power -so you'd have longer battery life.

played the torchlight 2 beta for like 30 mins, liked what i've seen so far. The fact that its only going to be $20 with no drm/ always online requirement means i'll be passing on diablo.

roll.gif
@ getting rid of aero in windows 8, as if one needed another reason not to get that piece of dog $@+*.

What's the best free or cheap antivirus/spyware? I used to have McAfee, but I want something new this time.

Any thoughts on the NZXT Phantom?
Thinking about getting rid of my CM Elite 430, and doing a white/blue or gunmetal/green Phantom build.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

Monitor capacitor is gone lol.

Running at 5% brightness FTL.
Looks like someone has a reason to cop a new monitor now. j/p 
laugh.gif

If it's under warranty... RMA away. Otherwise go with my first suggestion. Lol.
Yeah, I was gonna get the 27" Yamakasi Catleaps you see on eBay.
But I don't have room for a 27" so I just picked up an AOC 23 
laugh.gif

idk if this is the best thread to post in... but I'm looking for a PC for college not a macbook for my own reasons... hahaha so don't try to persuade me to get a macbook
ANYWAYS looking for a solid PC for college.. I hear HP or DELL is the best... Anything would help!
Thanks

Originally Posted by urbano wears nikes

What's the best free or cheap antivirus/spyware? I used to have McAfee, but I want something new this time.
Stop using that free stuff and start using F-Secure
pimp.gif

I personally use MSE. Never needed any other antivirus. Runs light and I don't run into any problems with gaming unlike Norton and Avast!.
Originally Posted by THockey66

Any thoughts on the NZXT Phantom?
Thinking about getting rid of my CM Elite 430, and doing a white/blue or gunmetal/green Phantom build.
The NZXT Phantom is a good solid case. My friend has one. Small for a full-tower case, but most components will fit well. Just keep in mind that if you have a large CPU cooler, you might not be able to install the large 200mm side panel fan.

Might I suggest the Switch 810, if that fits your budget. Better case, you'll have more flexibility.
smokin.gif

EDIT: My friend just won a Switch 810 SE Matte Black from NZXT's giveaway this week. Damn it. 
laugh.gif
 Oh well... it's good to see real people win giveaways.
smokin.gif
 Lucky bastard.
We have the same old case. Found the Elite 430 too small, even after modding it (several pages back). Happy with my current case, though. 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

^ Awesome, right?
laugh.gif

You might want to check the Official Diablo III thread. Yes, we have one of those as well.
smile.gif

Finally built my new desk, keep my NZXT phantom enclosure in the bottom left in the large cabinet (door always kept open, no rear panel)
561861_978770703764_26300404_39047626_1104048966_n.jpg

I really need to find a fast 2 TB internal HDD.

What browsers are you guys running?

I'm using Firefox at the moment just because I've been using it for a while, but I'm thinking about switching to Opera. I messed with Opera on a Mac and loved the clean UI and overall balanced feel, I felt like Chrome was too minimalist and I'm not a fan of IE at all.

^ i have an opinion on this..

i run 3d programs, and i render 3d graphics,, and usually while i wait for my pc to finish up rendering, i do something else on my pc,
do something on another program surf the web etc..

they say chrome takes up less system resources, so while rendering, i ,actually used to, use chrome. and it was just so slow.
and some apps would ( java, flash) would just crash, sometimes even chrome itself would crash.

ok granted that im rendering and im using up a lot, maybe 95% of cpu, maybe chrome not functioning well has an excuse right?

well now i use firefox, and it runs smooooth. 100% better that chrome, when im rendering.

actually when you run chrome, and you look at your systems task manager processes tabs, youll see chrome has several processes running, while firefox only has one.

hth.

Back
Top Bottom