Official PC thread.

I love hand me downs. My boss just tossed me his old laptop (less than a year old I believe). This thing was maxed and to of the line Dell XPS 15 when he bought it. i7, 16gb of ram and 512 SSD. :smokin

Wiped W8 clean and preparing to install W10 as I type this. Its been hung up on preparing to install though for the longest. :smh:

I need a new mouse. What are y'all using. DOn't really want to pay over 50

A little over $50 but I love this mouse; I've had it for a few years

Amazon product ASIN B002HWRJBM

Where would one find one of these and what would it consist of? Looking to build my first soon but not quite sure how to start.
Sorry for the late reply. I got mine from TigerDirect. Look at the DIY barebones kits. They usually come with the motherboard, CPU, RAM, and HD at least. You'd need to get a case, monitor, and other peripherals and components. But the idea is that the kit will have pretty much everything you need that goes inside the case. Make sure the case can house the motherboard and get an SSD instead of an HDD.

Anyone copping the surface book?

I have a macbook pro now, but that thing looks SEXY, really debating on trading in my asus laptop that i use for school for it

Anyone copping the surface book?

I have a macbook pro now, but that thing looks SEXY, really debating on trading in my asus laptop that i use for school for it

I'd love to get one, but they priced me out of the market. If I get a better job soon I'll pick one up though

I also use an ASUS laptop for school :pimp:

I use a Lenovo T430 that I got two years ago. Recently upgraded it to a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD.

Just copped another T430 off Craigslist for $200 that came with a 250GB Samsung PRO SSD. Best deal I've gotten this year.

smokin.gif

Last edited:
I'd love to get one, but they priced me out of the market. If I get a better job soon I'll pick one up though

The ASUS isnt bad but the screen is horrible, i caught it on sale though. I was considering an ipad pro but this knocks out two things in one being that its a desktop experience and good for travel.

The ASUS isnt bad but the screen is horrible, i caught it on sale though. I was considering an ipad pro but this knocks out two things in one being that its a desktop experience and good for travel.

Is it 1080p LCD?

Hmm, glad to see this thread is back from the dead. I'll probably be in the market for a new laptop soon.

I don't know where to post this question. But im trying to play an old pc game that runs on windows 98 on my android phone. I tried looking online no luck. I have also installed dos box no go either. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

So I'm looking to upgrade my GPU!

Upgrading from a HD 6870.

Looking at the GTX 960.

Is 4GB a huge difference from 2 GB?

Last edited:
^ What's your budget?

Check out the XFX R9 280x.

Yeah, I was considering the R9, but I've been reading it needs some power to run it.

I have a 500w PSU, don't think that's enough. I'm open to buying used, budget around $150-$170.

Wanted the R9 myself, but I don't think my motherboard supports it :smh:

800w psu should be able to handle it though...right?

Trying to get more use out of the Steam games I got sitting in my library

Last edited:
Wanted the R9 myself, but I don't think my motherboard supports it
mean.gif

800w psu should be able to handle it though...right?

Trying to get more use out of the Steam games I got sitting in my library
800w PSU should handle almost anything you throw at it.

laugh.gif

I should probably upgrade my PC that I've had since 2011, but I don't really play games anymore. I wasted a lot of time on them when I was younger.

Not the best of pictures but I went ahead with a Skylake upgrade and did a completely new build. Just waiting for the ASUS PG279q to release now to upgrade my monitor. Specs in spoiler

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower
Intel i7 6700k
Gigabyte GA-Z170x-UD5
Corsair H100i GTX
EVGA SC 980 Ti
Seasonic Platinum 80 1000W
G.Skill DDR4 TidentZ 3200 16GB (2x8)
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
2 x WD 1TB HDD

Last edited:
smart people, how come when i open say four tabs, it sounds like my comp going 200mph?

what do i need to do to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom