Official PC thread.

So I entered Frys today getting ready to pick up my Custom PC build with a GTX 1070 in it (yes, Frys does custom PC service building).................left the store with a Custom PC build with a GTX 1070 Ti

I managed to be at the store at the time of their 1-day Sunday sales, and they had new 1070 Tis in-stock............at the same price as the 1070 that I bought on Friday.

:pimp:

Forgot about the FF15 Intel offer... just redeemed my code for the PC version today. If only I had 85GBs of free space on my SSD. :frown:

Forgot about the FF15 Intel offer... just redeemed my code for the PC version today. If only I had 85GBs of free space on my SSD. :frown:

If only SSDs weren't expensive as ****, I'd have a 2 TB SSD right now instead of a 250 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD combo.........literally will be installing all my games onto the HDD and pray the games don't brick the HDD for the lifespan of my new gaming PC.

UserBenchmarks: Game 93%, Desk 98%, Work 90%
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K - 106%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 980 Ti - 91.7%
SSD: Mushkin Reactor 1TB - 96.7%
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB - 76.2%
RAM: Samsung M378A1G43DB0-CPB 2x8GB - 73.9%
MBD: MSI Z370-A PRO (MS-7B48)

I really need to do a fresh install of Windows, but I can't find my USB drive with Windows 10 on it.

Question for you guys:

When you game on your PCs, do you guys prefer to game in full-screen or "windowed" mode? And in either scenario, do you have any other programs running in the background while you're gaming (Discord obviously, but maybe like an internet browser like Chrome also running in the background)?

I only use fullscreen. I get occasional issues with G-Sync in certain games if I'm in borderless windowed. I run other programs but I don't really alt-tab to them very often when I'm gaming.

If you need to alt-tab a lot in games, borderless windowed is probably best.

Building my first PC today.

Ryzen_5.jpg

13-157-761-V01.jpg

61q8wd%2BGoNL._SX425_.jpg

71v2CC1y-SL._SX466_.jpg

western-digital-wd10ezex-1tb-blue-7200rpm-sata-6-0gb-s-3-5-hard-drive-114.jpg

11-854-072-V07.jpg

71yZIqShx3L._SY355_.jpg

51hTbPHo40L._SX425_.jpg

Got this monitor for $99.99

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824236759

Won't be buying a graphics card until those prices return to what they should be. :smh:

Last edited:
If you're planning to buy a better graphics card IN THE FUTURE AEA18 AEA18 , you might want a better power supply than the one you showed in that picture right there.

Even the cheaper 1050 Ti recommends that you have at minimum a 500W power supply, the one you showed in your post (which I hope is false) is a 450W power supply...............barely enough. And if you're waiting for prices to die down for the more powerful GTXs (1070s, 1080s), you will want a 600W power supply at minimum as well.

Once again, I hope the PSU you posted is false............but if you can't afford a better graphics card right now, get yourself a better power supply unit of 600W or more at least

If you're planning to buy a better graphics card IN THE FUTURE AEA18 AEA18 , you might want a better power supply than the one you showed in that picture right there.

Even the cheaper 1050 Ti recommends that you have at minimum a 500W power supply, the one you showed in your post (which I hope is false) is a 450W power supply...............barely enough. And if you're waiting for prices to die down for the more powerful GTXs (1070s, 1080s), you will want a 600W power supply at minimum as well.

Once again, I hope the PSU you posted is false............but if you can't afford a better graphics card right now, get yourself a better power supply unit of 600W or more at least

I definitely plan on upgrading if/when that time comes.

Only bought that PSU because it was $24.00 and has all black cables. Looks better than the "ketchup and mustard" cables. :lol:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

You not gaming are you?

Nah, this is for heavy music production and 4K video rendering. I copped a UAD Apollo Interface and it only supports Thunderbolt which my current mobo doesnt smh. Said **** it and decided to just cop something that would last me for years to come. Probably went OD though but oh well :lol:

Anyone here have a razer keyboard that doesn't light up? I unplugged it one time to use on my laptop, plug it back into my pc and now every time I start up my pc the keyboard doesn't light up. It only lights up if i unplug and replug it in. Uninstalled the drivers and synapse 3 times and no luck. Razer support was of no help at all.

First decent Prime Day in a WHILE. Copped a crucial 1 TB SSD and an 8700k. Now I gotta be on the hunt for new MOBO and RAM :smh::smh::smh::smh::smh: and I gotta cop the new NVidia when they finally release :sick::sick::sick::sick:

Back
Top Bottom