Official PC thread.

Bought a mechnical keyboard (Leopold). Feels weird. Didn't realize how raised it would be compared to what I'm used to.

I’m a complete noob when it comes to building a PC, but what do y’all think about this setup?

Disclaimer: this is not for me. My brother wants to build a PC for gaming (and streaming on the same PC). Would he ok with this 6 core processor or would it be better to run a Ryzen 7 2700x since it has more cores?

Also, is the power supply overkill? I know he may plan to add more **** down the road, therefore requiring more power, but as of now this is around his budget...

That's a pretty good entry level setup as is, sure if you can swing the 8 core setup go that route since you're streaming as well. I'd skip the evo sata and get an nvme drive. Also 400 is too close to a 3070 or 3060 ti to not wait and get one of those instead.

I’m looking to build a PC do I start here? I want a clear case and I want to use it for gaming primarily.

I’m a complete noob when it comes to building a PC, but what do y’all think about this setup?

Disclaimer: this is not for me. My brother wants to build a PC for gaming (and streaming on the same PC). Would he ok with this 6 core processor or would it be better to run a Ryzen 7 2700x since it has more cores?

Also, is the power supply overkill? I know he may plan to add more **** down the road, therefore requiring more power, but as of now this is around his budget...

i'd wait for the upcoming amd gpus or try your luck at a 3070

The 3080 is much better, 2nd best current gen card behind the 3090, whereas 3060ti would be like 8th (but not bad for a mid level card) but you can't get one right now. You can build that PC for around 2k, but a 3080 is completely unavailable at the moment unless you buy a resell so it doesn't matter. There are better pre-builds out there for the money, ie this was a good deal a few days ago
You can also find 3070 prebuilds that are good as well in the 1300 range, I would just stalk slickdeals, create an account and set alerts.

Myself I think i'll hold and try for the 3070 ti though.

With all these video cards getting sold out with no restock date in sight. Im force to buy a prebuild.

Is this good and how much more im paying over building it myself?

Amazon product ASIN B08JGB3LTF

You cant build cheaper than you get buy prebuilt atm with gpu prices and shipping prices particularly. Even good prebuilt have been tough to find. Had good luck with a cyber power pre built I bought from a Best Buy sale actually last year for 649.

Ryzen 5 3600x
Rx590
8 GB ram. 2400 (Threw another 8 in for 50 bucks)

Cool little case setup

You can go all the way up to liquid cooled i9s w/2080s and get a pretty good warranty. But yea haven't been able to spec anything remotely close to what I want for the money of these deal prebuilt. I'll probably go cyber power again in the spring when I upgrade again

You cant build cheaper than you get buy prebuilt atm with gpu prices and shipping prices particularly. Even good prebuilt have been tough to find. Had good luck with a cyber power pre built I bought from a Best Buy sale actually last year for 649.

Ryzen 5 3600x
Rx590
8 GB ram. 2400 (Threw another 8 in for 50 bucks)

Cool little case setup

You can go all the way up to liquid cooled i9s w/2080s and get a pretty good warranty. But yea haven't been able to spec anything remotely close to what I want for the money of these deal prebuilt. I'll probably go cyber power again in the spring when I upgrade again
Exactly what I did. Cyberpowerpc had a sale on their website a few weeks ago. Got this setup for $1196:

i7 10700KF
RTX 3070
16 GB RAM 3200 MHz
1 TB SSD
Z490 Mobo

The thing you have to be worried about a prebuilt is a weak power supply and shirt motherboard. Other than that, you can really get good deals. Glad I pulled the trigger on this build because you can’t even come within $200 now on their site for a similar build.

finally came in a few days ago and this things an absolute beast. 280 FPS on Fortnite with high/epic settings. I already got cyberpunk preinstalled. I really gotta think long and hard if I wanna keep a ps5 just to play Miles Morales :lol:

Where can I get a PC right now with a I910th Gen or AMD Ryzen 9 and 3080 or 6800XT?

Want to buy it ASAP.

I mean a basic MB is a staple of prebuilts, can always upgrade if you hit a limitation that bothers you. If you need it right now then yeah it's a good deal, others with similar specs been marked up over 2k.

Motherboard is the asus z490-v prime based on the spec info, solid (but basic) mb.

I mean a basic MB is a staple of prebuilts, can always upgrade if you hit a limitation that bothers you. If you need it right now then yeah it's a good deal, others with similar specs been marked up over 2k.

Motherboard is the asus z490-v prime based on the spec info, solid (but basic) mb.
I didn't see that anywhere.

I wish i could upgrade that to X570

Im looking at the official page and this seems pretty close to that and its 2500+

Back
Top Bottom