Official PC thread.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

anybody have any experience with alienware's 23" HD monitor?
a 1920x1080 23" monitor is bad. the picture looks distorted because that's not the normal screen rez for a 23". 24" is the best way to go for full HD, 1920x1080 is the normal rez on a 24" so its not a big picture squeezed into a small screen.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

looking to buy a laptop soon. been thinking of a netbook but they all seem the same to me.

I want something small and portable. for internet, word and music.

budget is 500 any suggestions?
is the HP Pavilion dm1z any good?

I just copped the DM4 with an i5 processor 500 gigs at Staples this week for $600. Best deal you can find.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

looking to buy a laptop soon. been thinking of a netbook but they all seem the same to me.

I want something small and portable. for internet, word and music.

budget is 500 any suggestions?
is the HP Pavilion dm1z any good?

I just copped the DM4 with an i5 processor 500 gigs at Staples this week for $600. Best deal you can find.

Originally Posted by wrod7

a 1920x1080 23" monitor is bad. the picture looks distorted because that's not the normal screen rez for a 23". 24" is the best way to go for full HD, 1920x1080 is the normal rez on a 24" so its not a big picture squeezed into a small screen.
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.  There is no "normal" screen resolution for a 23".  Difference size monitors have all different screen resolutions.  The picture will be displayed according to the monitor's resolution - there is no distortion.

Originally Posted by wrod7

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.  There is no "normal" screen resolution for a 23".  Difference size monitors have all different screen resolutions.  The picture will be displayed according to the monitor's resolution - there is no distortion.

Lol idk, I remember reading some where when I was looking for a HD monitor it said not get a 23" 1 080p monitor cuz the picture will look a bit distorted. 24" and up for full HD is recommended. -it was in a review of a Samsung 23" 1080p monitor I was looking at...

Lol idk, I remember reading some where when I was looking for a HD monitor it said not get a 23" 1 080p monitor cuz the picture will look a bit distorted. 24" and up for full HD is recommended. -it was in a review of a Samsung 23" 1080p monitor I was looking at...

think im going to pull the trigger on the 23" alienware next week, i wanted the BenQ but i've read nothing but bad things about it. shame too, thing was MADE for gaming.

if work stays the way it is, going to pick up 2 more during the summer and upgrade my card to nvidia's 2D/3D surround
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

think im going to pull the trigger on the 23" alienware next week, i wanted the BenQ but i've read nothing but bad things about it. shame too, thing was MADE for gaming.

if work stays the way it is, going to pick up 2 more during the summer and upgrade my card to nvidia's 2D/3D surround
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom