Official PC thread.

Would you guys recommend the Dell XPS for personal use? Need a new laptop in the worst way.

Also, want to get into coding, but obviously nothing advanced at the moment.

Would you guys recommend the Dell XPS for personal use? Need a new laptop in the worst way.

Also, want to get into coding, but obviously nothing advanced at the moment.
So you're looking for a laptop?

I'm personally biased towards Thinkpads. I copped 3 in the past year and am currently typing on my T430.

laugh.gif

Check out: https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/

The 980 ti is amazing. Haven't really played anything demanding yet though. Fallout 4 looked damn good.
Still playing on 1080p too, monitor and keyboard will be my next upgrade

type of day you wish you had chosen an blazing amd cpu/gpu for da rig instead of intel and nvidia :smh:

Last edited:
thats the bright side.
could heat this place up and be gaming using da same amount of electricity with some amd parts right now.

hope zen brings some competition to intel before they really start focusing on making everything super power efficient and the expense of performance, even on the desktop side.

Just picked up a Ducky One keyboard with brown cherrys and white leds. First mechanical keyboard. Loving it so far.

Going to upgrade to a new headset soon. What's the NT fam rocking with?

Completely new to building a PC, not really knowledgeable in the specs at all, but I like to think I'm above average when it comes to knowing the ins and outs of using a computer. Wondering if I could get some help on building a PC.

I've tried Reddit and the Joe Rogan forum but there's a lot of douche bags out there incapable of helping someone in need. NT won't let me down :smokin

Anyway, I'm looking to build a pretty powerful computer to edit and render videos at a fast speed using programs such as Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator. I'll be making videos in 1080p (maybe 4k) of duration's from anywhere to 5 minutes to 60 minutes so I know I need something powerful.

I also want a pretty good gaming PC as well for whenever I get down time.

I don't want to spend more than $2000 to $2500.

Here's what I have for my build on pcpartpicker.com

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor ($376.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($135.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($222.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($134.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($149.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($308.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card ($599.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2158.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-03 21:21 EST-0500

What do you guys think?

Might be picking up a GTX 970 in the next couple of days.

But then I see ya'll rockin 980 tis :frown:

anyone know where i can get windows 10 from. anyone got an extra copy they can use on one more pc they want to sell me?

I think it's time I upgrade my GPUs. I have 2 AMD 6970s and they are giving me crappy preformance in The Division. They had a good run. Lasted me 5 years.

Now I have to start the research on a new card.

Appreciate the tip. I just ordered an AMD R9 390. Should be here in a couple days and back to the high quality gaming I need to be at

finished my first build a lil over a month ago and loving this thing so far!
the 144hz/1ms asus monitor is clutch :smokin and so is the sennheiser headphone :x
i also picked up a Samson Meteor Mic and plan on purchasing a k70 keyboard soon

but i also effed up on the PSU as it has really bad reviews, but it should hold me down for a few months with no overclocking

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (Purchased For $233.31)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i GT 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (Purchased For $87.99)
Motherboard: ASRock Z170 OC Formula ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (Purchased For $193.00)
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (Purchased For $89.99)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $65.95)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card (Purchased For $282.63)
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case (Purchased For $55.00)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $55.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) (Purchased For $79.99)
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor (Purchased For $215.00)
Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Wired Laser Mouse (Purchased For $52.00)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones (Purchased For $70.00)
Total: $1479.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

@Ben Roethlisberger

i suggest using BuildaPCsales on Reddit. You'll Find great deals going on in that subReddit

Last edited:
ijumpmani ijumpmani thanks man.. was supposed to be a black and yellow theme, but it was hard looking for yellow parts :lol: bought a few red parts as the accent color

Bit the bullet and picked up a 970. Came with a copy of The Division so ..

Comes in tomorrow!

aaand what a ******* headache getting this thing working

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom