[Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread] - Show Ya Luv!

We finally played this game like we should have played the last two damn seasons......run the offense through Jrue and Turner. Besides Lou, those are the only players on this team that can create their own shot. The sooner Doug Collins and the rest of the team realize that Iguodala is a glorified Tony Allen/Ariza, the easier the game will be for Jrue and ET. I swear nothing pisses me off more watching the Sixers than Iguodala chucking up some STUPID ##! fadeaway jumper like he's Joe Johnson or some %@%$.
I hope Jrue and ET's confidence is on a trillion for the rest of this series. Can't wait to see us in our home whites, best jerseys in the league 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Soooo mad I missed this. Glad to hear that Jrue and Villain held it down.

I REALLY wish we'd just start Lavoy Allen over Hawes and give all the rest of the minutes at center to Vucevic and Battie instead of Hawes. Battie's veteran presence could really help out against the Bulls and in any Playoff series IMO. And Vucevic is already better than Hawes at everything except passing. Hawes is %$!%!@! awful......I do not want him out there for more than 10-12 minutes.

good game guys

to be honest, i have no interest in this series since rose tore his acl

Why are we not giving Vucevic or Battie any minutes at all? I wouldn't even mind us giving Sam Young some minutes, he had a pretty decent playoff series last year as a starter for the Grizzlies. Thad is going to get his on the offensive end when we start really pushing the ball, but on the defensive end they might as well give it to whoever he's guarding every single time. He can't guard any of their big men for %+*@. Jrue and Evan can take advantage of old Rip and Watson/Lucas III for the rest of the series. Hopefully Collins understands this.

what a STATEMENT game....what we saw wasn't the same Sixers team i've been seeing this season....did they misplace the anti-scoring mechanism in the hoop at the start of the 3rd quarter and entire 2nd half? Did they finish a game? The defense came prepared...with rose out, we were able to put more D on the others...Korver has yet to torch us. We went back to pushing the ball and getting fastbreak points. 

Buc.....i agree....Hawes is terrible.....ever since he came back from injury, dude's been garbage....he helped out early in the season, but now he's just holding us back...i've firmly believed that he was a big piece, but now we need Vucevic....i don't think Vucevic played at all this series, which is surprising. He's better than hawes, and he could get the valuable playoff experience.

Jrue couldn't miss...it was amazing. ET played very well. A few times, he made it look SUPER EASY takin the ball down the court and driving to the lane or pullin back and draining a jumpshot. His fade was amazing.

This series is not over, but man i love what they showed tonight. I hope they continue to bring it...proved a lot of people wrong

Originally Posted by Buc Em

The sooner Doug Collins and the rest of the team realize that Iguodala is a glorified Tony Allen/Ariza, the easier the game will be for Jrue and ET. I swear nothing pisses me off more watching the Sixers than Iguodala chucking up some STUPID ##! fadeaway jumper like he's Joe Johnson or some %@%$.

(accidentally refreshed the page...ima try and remember what i typed)
Very true about Iguodala
laugh.gif
. Other than the fastbreak offense, he's not helping us much on offense. I think i remember some time in the game, he took an important possession after a turnover and used it to take a stupid 3....no offense or anything, he just pulled up for a 3...missed it....lucky it didn't matter

this offense needs to run through Jrue/ET as you said....I don't know if Jrue could be that consistent shooting the ball. He was just drillin shot after shot that he usually misses..

I know meeks isn't goin to get much time now, but can we get him off the bench draining some 3's? 
laugh.gif

Is it me or hawes looked out of shape since he came to philly? Someone like that has no business on the court. I have no idea why collins aint playing vuc anymore when he playing all year either. Him Lavoy and Battie should def be our big man rotation

Lavoy Allen is a big dude man. That was a hell of a late 2nd round pick. He can match up size wise with almost any big man in the league. I'd love to see Collins put Vucevic in next game and him go off. That would hopefully push Hawes garbage %$% further down the rotation like he should be. I just hate how Collins will randomly take our young players completely out of the rotation at times. One week Vucevic was starting and playing pretty well, the next week he gets like 5 minutes a game off the bench. Same thing with Turner and Meeks.Anybody else just hate Hawes face? I hate pretty much everything about him except when he makes a nice pass once a game. I have a feeling Kings fans felt the same way about Hawes.

Me too, he looked nice though when he was on sac town though, maybe those cheesesteaks got to him

Props to yall man. Really hope yall can protect home court and win this series. Rose or not I thought the 6ers had a really good chance to beat chicago.

inability to come out strong in the 3rd and finish games in the 4th has been one of our biggest downfalls

horrible shot selection, and good D by chicago

WOW....i'm sayin man....this team is unfamiliar
laugh.gif

we came back???? WHAT??
and did yall see ET put da team on his back at the end there? That's my dude 
pimp.gif

Anybody else see Elton Brand cheesing after the game walking through the tunnel? His $*% is lucky we won, that had to have been one of the worst playoff performances I've ever seen.
I want Jrue and Evan to attack EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. TIME. I don't care what type of shot it is, it's definitely better than anything Iguodala, Brand or Hawes is going to accomplish on the offensive end. I swear one of the main reasons I want Iguodala gone is cause so many times it still seems like Turner and Jrue look at him as the big bully brother and are scared that he's going to yell at them if they don't pass the ball. Speaking of Hawes.....son dropped 21 and 9 tonight, and most of it was when Noah was still in the game 
pimp.gif
. Keep that swag up.

Jus came back from the game, it was great. Hawes did good towards the end even tho he playing dumb at times n my boy Jrue was going on them bulls. Their guards cant stick him n Turner. Theyre so crafty. Igoudala n Brand tho...SMH. The young boys bailed their sorry performances out with this win

Missed the game....what happened?

i think the last time we beat Boston....ET had a career night....or was that against the Knicks?

^that was against Boston and Turner did a great job on Rondo. We have some good matchups with ET on Rondo, Jrue on Ray/Bradley, Iggy on Pierce, Brand on KG and Hawes on Bass. They don't have anyone on their bench that can stay with Lou or Thad as well. Hopefully if we do close out this series against the Bulls then Collins utilizes our bench against a very thin Celtics bench. Feels so damn good to finally be seeing the offense run through Jrue and Evan like it should have been for the past two years. I have a feeling that the Bulls take the next game and we have to win in Philly in Game 6, but I hope I'm wrong....

I'm a Bulls fan and I feel like if y'all don't win Tues this is going 7. I can't lie don't think y'all will win the chip but think y'all can make the ecf if y'all finish us off.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

I'm a Bulls fan and I feel like if y'all don't win Tues this is going 7. I can't lie don't think y'all will win the chip but think y'all can make the ecf if y'all finish us off.
This.
This team looks different than the team in the regular season who went on that multi-game slide and fell to the 8th seed. Regardless, you guys earned this series and are one athletic squad. 

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Chicago has ALL the momentum now...dammn.....we needed to end it tonight....im pissed at how ugly this game was

Igoudala shot us outta the game at times with his bad decisions on when to try n pull up, knowing damn well he dont have a jumper smh. They straight up outplayed us in this game. N wth is wrong with Thad, he hasnt done anything notworthy in this series

Originally Posted by Dat Dude Chris

Igoudala shot us outta the game at times with his bad decisions on when to try n pull up, knowing damn well he dont have a jumper smh. They straight up outplayed us in this game. N wth is wrong with Thad, he hasnt done anything notworthy in this series

Every time somebody steps up, somebody steps down and hides in the shadows....it takes a lot to get one of us going and to do this, you gotta take somebody out of the equation....which is what thad's goin through i'm guessin
It was absolutely frustrating seeing Iguodala ruin every chance of us getting momentum...Boozer was killin us to...friggin Boozer

When I saw the Sixers down nine at the half I knew it was over.  They're not a good comeback team.  Hopefully  they can get it together in Game 6...

Back
Top Bottom