***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

I'm surprised actually...can VY run the westcoast? I want to see them get a veteran LB in here and big back to compliment Shady(I wouldn't mind darren sproles though). LBers and Safety are the only positions that really worry me. I'd be excited to see Chaney at the weakside, Casey in the middle, and Fokou on the strongside. As far as the safeties, are they hoping for a Allen/Jarret combo?

^ well, Sproles signed with New Orleans so that's out of the question... I guess we just have to deal with a rookie back to be behind LeSean. In terms of the linebacker thing, I want Nick Barnett... and apparently the Cardinals are making a push for StewBrad.

I think we're solid at Safety, even though I don't even know how Jaiquawn plays. I just hope he's not terrible like everyone else we tried to put in there (Harris, Demps, etc.)

Anybody is an upgrade at corner..Besides Hobbs (before his injury) everyone we had at corner was getting torched, even by mediocre receivers

Originally Posted by So Slickening

VY is virtually an Eagle.

AlbertBreer Albert Breer
by nfl

Vince Young has reached a one-year deal with the Eagles. Will sign it tomorrow.
Yup just an article on philly.com making it official
BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- On the same day the Eagles traded away their backup quarterback they apparently found his replacement.

Vince Young has agreed to a one-year deal with the Eagles, according to Albert Breer of NFL Network.

Young hasn't technically cleared waivers so he can't sign a contract until tomorrow after 4 p.m. But the deal appears to be all but done. 

Reports surfaced a little before the Eagles dealt Kevin Kolb to the Cardinals that the Titans were going to release Young. He is expected to report to training camp at Lehigh at some point tomorrow, according to Breer.

Young flamed out in Tennessee after a rocky five seasons. The former Heisman Trophy runner-up will now be backing up Michael Vick.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...g-and-Eagles-close-to-deal.html#ixzz1TTHJEHWQ 
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/82985662.html

I dont agree with the Babin signing. Had 1 great season out his whole career, and is aging. My opinion is biased anyways, due to the fact that I really wanted Ray Edwards.

I think we're solid at Safety, even though I don't even know how Jaiquawn plays. I just hope he's not terrible like everyone else we tried to put in there (Harris, Demps, etc.)

I agree.  Plus we have Marlin Jackson coming back finally.  I think he'll be alright for us.

Stewart Bradley signs with the Cards.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Anybody is an upgrade at corner..Besides Hobbs (before his injury) everyone we had at corner was getting torched, even by mediocre receivers

and the only one  i've seen that's torched DRC was D-Jax so we in good hands 
laugh.gif

Bad news, i heard and i hope its not true is that we might have to cut asante samuel to afford asomugha

I really hope Jaiquawn succeeds. Always good to see a hometown star. Temple University represent
pimp.gif

I don't want ANY other corner than Nnamdi.

I got what I wanted and more. I love my @%@#$** Eagles.

However... at this point I think it would be a smart move to deal Asante for an OLB. I don't trust our linebacking corp just yet...

NNAMDI!!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by durantula

Bad news, i heard and i hope its not true is that we might have to cut asante samuel to afford asomugha

i figured that would be the next move to cut asante

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons 
Congrats to the Philadelphia Eagles + their fans on winning Super Bowl 46. Just schedule the parade now, there'
s no way you won't win.

roll.gif

We overpaid Nnamdi but with 2 great corners in a pass heavy NFC, and one of the top offenses in the entire NFL, we have a great shot at winning a ring next year. And if we win that ring, I can care less if Nnamdi is a scrub the next 4 years of his contract.

And I love Asante because of his ability to grab interceptions but let's be real. Dude is a terrible tackler. I saw so many small plays turn into big ones because of his weak tackles

Man I thought we were out of the running when we got DRC but I literally step foot of a plane in Miami and I see we got Nnamdi, I'm so glad our front office is finally making big moves

Now let's give Desean his money and trade Asante and we good
pimp.gif

Really though, what are we going to do with Asante..? I would love to keep him but if not we could definitely use a great LB.

Back
Top Bottom