Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Some pictures I took today ... Busted my butt while taking some ... Go buckwhile C&C these as I don't mind!!!!

The feeling that I get when I step on a scene that I'm not suppose to be in it's too good ..
tongue.gif

3192189503_55c2631436_o.jpg

3193035514_a49b423d65_o.jpg

3193035266_a2f650609d_o.jpg

By the way, here is the after and below the before of the last picture

AFTER Editing
3193035992_e20315d0de_o.jpg

BEFORE Editing
3193496134_e3c942eccd_o.jpg

All these taken with the Canon 10-22mm ... Like I said people C&C are more than welcome ....

P.S. Nice to see that this threads makes at least 1 NTer purchase a camera each month .. lol

sick pictures elboricua 6.. keep it up

whats your flickr btw? (if its in your sig i apologize but i can't see most sigs)

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

3192189503_55c2631436_o.jpg

I like this. If that tree on the left weren't there, you probably could have taken at least five steps back so you could get the entire pillar and have thebridge coming out of the top left corner. I hate when stuff like that happens
laugh.gif
Oh, well, I need the practice anyway

I like how (your) skies and water looks in hdr imagery but imo land and structures appear tacky and unappealing.

I have a problem with my camera; I started to notice a little blue dot (also sometimes it is green or red) that appears on my pictures. I am sure that it isnot the lens because I have changed lenses and still the blue dot persist. Does anyone know what could be wrong with my camera? Could it be the sensor? I havea Canon XTi btw. Thanks!

Here's an example:
6ab154efc2d668050e12c21ef83f0dc425804e3.jpg

Hey guys, another photo noob here.

I want to know, what are the differences from a lens like 18-50mm compared to zoom lens such as a 18-135 or 18-200; besides the zoom (obvious), weight and theprice? Does the smaller lens focus better?

Originally Posted by Jsmilez

I have a problem with my camera; I started to notice a little blue dot (also sometimes it is green or red) that appears on my pictures. I am sure that it is not the lens because I have changed lenses and still the blue dot persist. Does anyone know what could be wrong with my camera? Could it be the sensor? I have a Canon XTi btw. Thanks!

Here's an example:
probably your sensor or the memory card's messed up. try another cf

Originally Posted by yarrh

Originally Posted by Jsmilez

I have a problem with my camera; I started to notice a little blue dot (also sometimes it is green or red) that appears on my pictures. I am sure that it is not the lens because I have changed lenses and still the blue dot persist. Does anyone know what could be wrong with my camera? Could it be the sensor? I have a Canon XTi btw. Thanks!

Here's an example:
probably your sensor or the memory card's messed up. try another cf
it happens to me when i have the iso higher than 200/400

I'm thinking it's the memory card because when I view the pictures on my camera there are no dots. Only transferring it to the computer shows theproblem... this is frustrating!

^^^It's probably the sensor and I would assume you could clean that or get it cleaned.

But food for thought, anyone who shoots film knows or probably should that even if you scan film with like gloves and lots of canned air you're bound toget some dust and you just digitally remove it with various tools in photoshop before printing.

But even prints made in a darkroom require spotting inks to remove miniscule dust marks. Both color and b/w.

So post production of digitally dusting images isn't too wild a thought.

Some Random shots. C/C? This first shot... I dont know what I was thinking in PS, but it happened.
laugh.gif

3193325878_cb3e6f63d0.jpg

3193325778_659e6e11aa.jpg

3192480395_d0d24a4ac5.jpg

Jsmilez...

its the sensor. I had the same problem with my camera not too long ago.

here's how to fix it your self...

- get one of those air blowers *not the one that comes in a can* lol. (rubber ones that are made for camera's)
- go to the menu and look for "mirror lock"
- keep the camera on and remove the lens
- if done correctly the mirror should be locked in the up position and the sensor should be visible
*remember: NEVER touch the sensor*
- use the air blower to blow what ever small particle or debris is on the sensor.
- replace the lens and turn the camera off.

this should fix the problem...

yarrh wrote:
I like how (your) skies and water looks in hdr imagery but imo land and structures appear tacky and unappealing.

Thanks man .. the last one is a HDR shoot ...

I don't know what you mean by tacky since I thought photography was an art .. LMAO .. I guess next time I have to get out of the So.Bronx and see if I findsomething that's not tacky or unappealing ..
eyes.gif

On a side note .. Let me jump on the moon shot bangwagon ..

My 1st Moon Shot .. thanks to ya that help me

1/125
f/11
250mm (55-250mm)

3193448234_3c646300f3_o.jpg

Not as good since it was cloudy and I'm still messing with the settings, but a hell of improvement over my 1st attempt!

Yo Santi,

For some reason when I look at this page my eyes stop at the 3rd pic of your 1st set and the 1st pic of the second set ..

They look
pimp.gif
to me!

1st one the colors and positions
2nd actually looks like a Canon ad for some reason ...

^ Thanks, man.
smile.gif

Also, I was at nice restaurant this weekend with dim lighting, I was definitely missing the low light capabilities of the D90, or any DSLR for that matter.
frown.gif

lol and the fights continue ....

I dont blame you with that battle .. before I got the DSLR I used to swear by samsung and sony now that I know about the manual settings and playing with my BMCanon SDxxxx I have to say the P&S is a mini beast ..

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

^ Thanks, man.
smile.gif

Also, I was at nice restaurant this weekend with dim lighting, I was definitely missing the low light capabilities of the D90, or any DSLR for that matter.
frown.gif
what happened to your D90?

My cousin just got a rebel xsi and is looking for a tripod for it. Well, what i'de like to know is what's the difference between all the tripods?
How are some better than others or worth so much more. They all have one primary focus and that is to just support your camera correct?
I'm looking on ebay and i see it for $20 to $75. So any insight?

Originally Posted by Apple Windows

My cousin just got a rebel xsi and is looking for a tripod for it. Well, what i'de like to know is what's the difference between all the tripods?
How are some better than others or worth so much more. They all have one primary focus and that is to just support your camera correct?
I'm looking on ebay and i see it for $20 to $75. So any insight?
Like most photography equipment, you get what you pay for. I know I wouldn't want a $1500+ camera body and a $1000+ lens sitting on a $50tripod. If you're using just an XSi with a kit lens, you might get away with the use of a cheap tripod just because of its light weight. Be careful ofthose cheap $20 tripods as even a slight nudge can make them very unstable. Checkout Slikpro tripods if you're on a budget. Otherwise, I recommend lookinginto Bogen-Manfrotto or Gitzo tripods. Check out this link for what Bogen-Manfrotto tripod and head is recommended for specific camera bodies and lenses:http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/news/site/manfrotto/pid/16203/lang/enhttp://www.manfrotto.com/...nfrotto/pid/16203/lang/en.

Here are some pics from my second shoot.. C&C welcome..

some cinnamon-sugar coated almonds i made.. i guess i can consider it my first macro

Back
Top Bottom