Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

correct me if im mistaken.. but isnt the K2 a film camera? are you using the kit lens or something else? i personally dont know much about the K2 or film overall
blog pics

Yea its a film camera...kit lens? If you mean the lens it came with, then yea i guess....hahaha forgive me for my ignorance.
Team Philippines​
In Pacquiao we trust and rubber shoes we wear​

When I photoshop my photos, it's pretty much like this the whole time:

- Brightness/Contrast (I always boost my contrast levels)
- Hue
- Selct color (Usually I bring out whatever color dominates the image. Also like to make the whites as white as possible)

- And I always crop my photos. My photos are never postioned correctly....

I am not super into "legit" photography (not even sure if that is the right term) cause all my photos are superimposed compared to what was actually taken. I think in photos, there is a level of selling that you cannot pass over and I am always crossing that line. But still, I like to make my stuff kind of artsy and fictional.......
- Fong$tarr

E-mail: Fongstarr@hotmail.com
TEAM WARRIORS WE BELIEVE

4pyg2eh.jpg
TEAM WARRIORSWE BELIEVE

Fongstarr, could you post an original and a post-processed?

There's a thousand you's, there's only one of me​

Quote:
Yo....kinda new to all this. Just started a photography class this school year. Anyways my new camera just came in and its sitting right in front of me right now, just wanna know how "good" it really is. Its a Canon EOS Rebel K2. If i can get some input on how good it is quality wise compared to other cameras like what you guys are using, then hey thanks a lot yall. Peace
:lol:
laugh.gif
Literally if you spend more than like 200-300 on your first film camera you're an idiot.. if someone loaned or gave you something thats one thing but literally I would laugh at someone if they walked into begining film photography class with some sick $1000+ camera...

Fongstarr, I love your last photograph
i'm russian, if that matters.
teamdecepticon​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

^^^^Thanks homie.....

irpstakid...I don't have the defore and after (didn't save the PS file and I already threw away the original) but it's something like this:

Think of it as stacking 2 layers of identical photos on top of each other. The top one would be black and white and the one below it would be color. Simply cut out the black/white layer on top to reveal the section of the bottom photo that you want color. It's as simple as that. Here's a really cruddy step by step off the top of my head.

-open photo
-duplicate photo
-take the top layer and saturate ot down to balck and white (hue/saturation sliders)
-then either take the eraser tool or create a path of the section that you want deleted on the black/white photo and then erase it to reveal the bottom photo.

Usually I always photoshop each photo first. The black and white I REALLY increase the contrast and with the color, I always saturate it higher to make the colors more vivid. Let me know if you got any other questions......
- Fong$tarr

TEAM WARRIORS WE BELIEVE

Part of the "victory over fashizm" monument (WW II)
It says: "USSR Victory"
347trvn.jpg
i'm russian, if that matters.
teamdecepticon​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

I have question for everyone concerning their photo libraries?..

Do you keep the "original" & "photoshopped/cropped/reduced" copy of every picture?....
Washington Heights​

I try to keep both if I can but lately I've been taking too many random pics so I have been throwing alot away. But it's nice to keep the originals. I should probably start doing that and burning them to a disk......
- Fong$tarr

TEAM WARRIORS WE BELIEVE

Quote:
Do you keep the "original" & "photoshopped/cropped/reduced" copy of every picture?

I think questions like this provide a solid reasoning to not go ape @#%$ with the photoshoping. If you simply correct whats wrong with the photo why on earth would you need the orginal. And alot of those corrections with a tiff file like contrasts and color are still equally manipulatable the first day you took and image and weeks later.

And cropping, I don't know what alot of you guys take on cropping is, just from proportions any of us could tell some do it more than others. But honestly the "art" of compostion is best learned without cropping, and while I don't think most of your dslrs are built to really compose shots thats why your memory cards take like a couple hundred pictures. If you take a b/w film photography class alot of the time you'll be asked to leave a raw edge sort of a proof that you didnt crop..

So, I don't know, but it seems reasonably logically to me that if you don't go ape @#%$ with the photoshop you can fix the photo and keep that.

That being said, I have boxes of negatives that I could scan or rescan whenever, I don't, cause it takes forever and I don't really have huge use for them on the computer or web for the most part, but nonetheless..

53sefy9.jpg

Brooklyn Bridge, 2006

5ymagsj.jpg

Manhattan Graffiti Wall, 2007

62sql9c.jpg
i Y
roses are red,
violets are blue,
sugar is sweet,
i like bread.​

What up All!

I posted this picture a while back when I was looking for some help cleaning it up so that it can be blown up and printed on canvas. I thought I would try bringing it back up some for more help...seeing if one of you guys can trying using "HDR" to improve the image. I know its not a great clear photo to begin with, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Its my grandmother's place in the Philippines. If it helps, I can email the image out to you...

Thanks,

Alfredo!

239645913.jpg
www.FOESUM.com

^printing on canvas doesn't require that high a dpi so it really depends all on pixel rates. i.e. how big you want it and how big it was shot at. I would go to real print shop i.e. probably not kinkos type thing and ask what kind of dpi you need for canvas and then go from there...

The have a few printers in my schools Service Bureau that can print on canvas but i'm reasonably sure its not cheap and my school discounts printing for students.

Just thinking about that for min. I realize HDR give an luminism painting kinda look but it honestly doesnt strike me as it would print very well on canvas. canvas printing works quite well more for graphic based stuff (solid hue's and shapes/forms) that you want on durable surface... It's not made for like printing a painting...

I love seeing this thread pop up...

A few more of my contributions:

The bar was empty, me and the friends just lined up some Jager bombs, so I went for it. A little noisy from the high ISO I had to use, but I thought it came out great...
_MG_3966.JPG

I obviously drink a lot, but we've all gotta raise our glasses to the good life...
IMG_3549.JPG

Recent trip to the Bay area. I forget what this spot is called. A lil lens flare, but nothing I thought was too distracting...
IMG_3840.JPG
____________________20-FLAT____________________

Ebay sent you an email.

I'm going to start shooting nightclubs and lounges pretty soon as well as other freelance projects for school.

I was planning on getting a Canon Speedlite 220 as well as a 50mm Standard Lens (Dom whattup!) and a 28mm wide angle lens with a 2.8f. Am I doing the right thing or should I look elsewhere? Because I don't have a real technical knowledge of lenses and stuff I know for a fact that the flash depends on the lens....Dammit I just need some help.

My-T.
LISTEN TO THE KIRKOUT HOUR LIVE!
THURSDAYS 5-7PM EST
WWW.XTSR.ORG
WWW.SMOKINGSECTION.NET
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BONEYSTARKS

Back
Top Bottom