Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

I like the second one but its over exposed. you have a completely white background there. woulda been nice to see the details.

yay to ebayologist, the saint.
eek.gif

i love the way you enlightened me.

i really loved it.

it tingled me.
pimp.gif

Sup_

Ughh. Yeah. Look what I started hahaha.

I do not think anyone in this post is claiming or "pretending" that their photos are naturally shot without PS.

Everyones adults here I hope... I am sure if it were PSed they would say it is when questioned, but why discourage it? Why
downplay it like its a sin to use Photoshop? What has Photoshop done to you? Bad experience? PS touched you in your secret spot?

I respect ART in every way. PSed or not. A dope shot is a dope shot.

2087176115_eba2ba72fc.jpg

I like this one BJB. Even if you shot it from the shooters angle it would be nice or if you focused on the shooter.

Only thing I dont like about it is the noise.

Peace.
thanks...how can I reduce the noise j2o? I shoot film iso 400...and I notice that a great deal of my indoor shots come out rather noisy

^It's the scanning of your film the dpi isn't high enough. The is no reason in the world 35mm 400iso film inlarged maybe 400-500% should have noise, Imean you shouldn't even have visible grain. 400iso film can be enlarged about 1000% without visible grain with even with like 300dpi on a relatively highend flatbed scanner

Hey all,

i tried making a thread but no one replied..Christmas is steadily approaching..the lady friend has been looking at digital cameras for the past few weeks (asif she hasn't made it so obvious)..

I thought I'd pull out the stops this time and get her a camera she'd actually enjoy for more than a few months (she needs to get away from Kodak)

money really isn't an issue..obviously I know Canon and Nikon are superior brands..

we go to a lot of concerts/events such.. what is a reliable and simple camera where she doesn't have to take 50 pictures to have one good shot..clear andclose-up pictures are also taken into account..also, have any new models released recently?

there are a lot of great pictures that always get posted on here..ebayologist and other experienced photographers, if you guys could help me find a digitalcamera..that would be much appreciated..a few choices would be good too so I could decide.

^How much are you looking to spend? are you looking for dslr or p&s? is the size and weight of the camera an issue?

^well i guess I would say poitn and shoot and performance and style since she really isn't that into the advanced dslr end of it. so guess the small sizedcameras would be beneficial.. what could you tell me about this one?

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=15655

also as far as me looking into a camera for myself..is there really a big difference in image quality of a dslr compared to a p&s? well i obviously know adslr could capture so many features in an image compared to a p&s.. is there even remotely a p&s that comes close? and money isn't an issue.

Yeah, there is a difference mostly lense and sensor quality that renders itself into what amounts to image quality. I mean you can find similar amounts ofmegapixels. But the lenses in most P&S cameras it's really a stretch to even call it a lense. I mean some of them have plastic elements... Andobivously the ability to really control focal lengths and aperture at is super limited or non-existent in most P&S cameras. The only camera that comesclose thats small like a P&S it just has essential what amounts to a "real" lense permanent mounted on the front is a Leica D-LUX 3. It's notdslr by an stretch but it's a P&S on steroids.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/460656-USA/Leica_18303_D_LUX_3_Digital_Camera.html

It's $600 and there might be places with better prices but you're getting your money's worth if you ask me if a small powerful camera is what youwant. If you want a DSLR I'd go with like a Nikon D40 that honestly isn't that big but for a P&S with alot more thats your camera... But as far aslooking at regular point and shoots I'm really not the person to ask but with the more high end P&S from manufactures like Nikon, Canon, Leica, andcouple others you probably get what you pay for vs. like the cheaper P&S cameras.

^A long exposure and a light source. I've never actually done one but I have a basic idea of how it works... Probably a reasonably long shutter speed likemaybe a dozen seconds or more so you probably need to close down the lense and lower the iso as well. And then write with a light source, like I said I'venever done one so I don't particularly know what people use as far as light sources, my guess would be a flash light but i'm not honestly not 100% sureabout that part...

what can i do to prevent overexposed pictures like my second one?

heres another good frm from earlier this month..

^Meter for the shadows that would actually have been helpful for both pictures. While I actually like the first one a great deal, the sun flare is a bit muchand if down played more I think would be an even more successful shot.

I actually thought the second one was a photoshop at first look but if the background really washed out like that then that's really something else...

ok thanks but its kinda hard to find the "right" spot where there is shadow and such while on a trip...its just quick snaps for me and hope for thebest! aahah

my guess would be a flash light but i'm not honestly not 100% sure about that part...
Yeah, I've never done it either but I talked to people who have done it and most people I talked to used a pen light, or a lighter.

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

nHow do you guys create those light letters?
^A long exposure and a light source. I've never actually done one but I have a basic idea of how it works... Probably a reasonably long shutter speed like maybe a dozen seconds or more so you probably need to close down the lense and lower the iso as well. And then write with a light source, like I said I've never done one so I don't particularly know what people use as far as light sources, my guess would be a flash light but i'm not honestly not 100% sure about that part...
^eBay is right (and maybe a tripod)... I always wanted to do one and did... I used a flash light but cover'd it with a napkin becausewithout it the light was just too harsh (and wouldnt give me that "fine line")... then in the picture I posted a few pages back (and here again) - Iwould cover the light (and the napkin that was already over the light) with my hands when I came to the end of a letter...

Here are two that I did...
RIP # 21 (if you cant see it)
2076259792_fffea088b8.jpg

And...

2075473471_879aea7804.jpg

and other light sources I seen on Flickr (and communicated with other folks that do this) are: Glow Sticks, Lighters, Fire, different type of LED devices,Pens, Pointers, Toys, etc... have fun with it I guess

Bump.. I'm new to digital photography and pretty much photography overall.. i've just purchased a Canon Digital Rebel XT Kit and here's my 1stpicture.. will post the others when i get around to uploading them.. critiques please?

2092622018_402b766aed.jpg

Haven't been here in a while. Dope stuff everyone.......

7wf3swh.jpg

Downtown SF from a couple days ago. "It's beginning to alot like Christmas!"
Eh....not that much I can do with my Canon SD450 other then panys. Hopefully I can get another one soon......

here's my crude light letters attempt, for my light source I used my cell phone I used a Canon PS A630 on TV(Shutter Speed Priority Settings) ISO 80 andF-Stop 15" on a timer of 5 seconds

and for you guys who can't read cursive it spells RIP Pimp C
tired.gif

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Turn off that damn flash.

My-T.
hella cloudy and dark today. i tried, but all the ones without flash were kinda dark and really bluury. any tips.im new to this stuff

Back
Top Bottom