Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

thanks alot ebayologist and kdwallace. I'm using a regular camera its an olympus stylus 750. I am probably going to get a canon rebel soon though, will itmake my photos more accurate?

dsc6532hdrmq0.jpg

"Concrete Jungle"

^ nice stuff... I like the 'Koala Trees' one, mixing it in with the real trees... you visiting HK?

im sorry for asking but i cant go through 100+ pages... im looking to buy my first DSLR, my options are a Nikon D40 6.1mp with 18-55mm lens for $550, or aCanon - EOS Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP with 18-55mm lens for $550, my question is which camera is better considering the price, i would specially like feedback onthe nikon because i can get it for about $500 at Sam's club, but i have been hearing some really mixed reviews. I mainly want it for taking pics when onvacation and for some random amateur photography, Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by JJLT76

im sorry for asking but i cant go through 100+ pages... im looking to buy my first DSLR, my options are a Nikon D40 6.1mp with 18-55mm lens for $550, or a Canon - EOS Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP with 18-55mm lens for $550, my question is which camera is better considering the price, i would specially like feedback on the nikon because i can get it for about $500 at Sam's club, but i have been hearing some really mixed reviews. I mainly want it for taking pics when on vacation and for some random amateur photography, Thanks in advance.

Its been discussed before so ill keep it short.

They're both good. each have their pros and cons. Nikon D40 has a newer design with things like a 2.5 inch screen, noob friendly menus and help guidesin the camera its self etc. The only reason i would opt for the XT would be because it can autofocus with any canon lens, where the Nikon D40 can onlyautofocus with lenses that have internal motors. You still get a huge variety of lenses to choose from with Nikon, and also a newer machine. Also, you can getthe D40 from amazon for about $498 brand new with the kit lens. Id recommend you go to your local photography shop and mess around with both cameras though. Ifit was up to me, id get the Nikon D40... I've heard good things about those.
devil.gif

thanks SaNTi0321, info very much appreciated ill probably cop the D40 if i can still get it at sams, BTW is there a big difference between the 6 and 8 megapixels between the 2 cameras

Here are a few of my pics. I'm a beginner so i don't really know how to mess with my camera (Canon Rebel Xti) that much yet.
Let me know what you think. Also I'm looking for a new lens, what would you guys recommend, i was looking for a wide angle lens.

2292356880_7934a7a712.jpg

2292371178_0333cf505b.jpg

2296621829_cd9548d785.jpg

2296637515_92513ce441.jpg

2306186715_13ef02bf27_o.jpg

[table][tr][td]
Camera:
[/td] [td]Nikon D40 w/Sigma 10-20mm
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Exposure:[/td] [td]0.008 sec (1/125)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Aperture:[/td] [td]f/8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Focal Length:[/td] [td]10 mm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ISO Speed:[/td] [td]200[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Exposure Bias:[/td] [td]-1/3 EV[/td] [/tr][/table]

2304025378_564fd3beda.jpg

Get a level for your camera and wait about 15 mins - if the sky was a little darker and you used a longer exposure you could have had more balance between theground and the sky.

Alright, it's pictures like these that I just don't see how it was possible to shoot, given the frustrations that I've had so far withphotography...

How the hell? This is obviously a concert setting, so it's lower light... yet to me it's got a completely clear shot of the guitarist, a great shallowDOF, great lighting for both the foreground and background... he's not annoyingly lit up by a flash, there's no motion blur in the background... Idon't know, I just don't see how I could ever take a picture like this. Are DSLR's really that much more powerful?

Took this in Vegas at the Palazzo about a week ago. Saw Jaw Knee's and decided to post mine.

2295401754_50ae2332b0.jpg

[table][tr][td]Exposure:[/td] [td]0.033 sec (1/30)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Aperture:[/td] [td]f/2.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Focal Length:[/td] [td]50 mm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ISO Speed:[/td] [td]400[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Exposure Bias:[/td] [td]0/3 EV[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Flash:[/td] [td]Flash did not fire[/td] [/tr][/table]

RIP to my Canon SD700is, unexpectantly died yesterday after plunging 6 feet off the Dumpster. Gorillapod is held under NYPD custody. Contributions beingaccepted by the Nacho foundation.

Last Memory

2303829770_d6afc0988d_b.jpg

I took this panoramic from a hill next to my house. It was my first time trying something like this.
oh by the way i used a Nikon d40 to take the shots

Back
Top Bottom