Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Ya'll should go out and make new ones and not post stuff you already did. The whole point is to go out and shoot something.

im down for the pano posting...i hope i can make it out to take some good shots, but its been some stupid $#%%^& weather out here lately. maybe ill justhave to tough it out
laugh.gif

Just bought a brand new Canon 40D with the accessories!
smokin.gif

Live.com INSTANT cashback > _______ $777 - $200 = $577.

DJisMe3 wrote:
http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r37/djmadworld/?action=view&current=IMG_0463Stitch.jpg

a Panoramic i made..

no offense man .. but why in the world would you do a Pano of a parking lot and inside your car for that? LMAO
roll.gif

I'm assuming you was practicing, but how can you get any better if you aren't doing it right? unless thats what you was trying to do, but still Idon't get it ...

M Eazy - I like your set man .. and the way you posted it - i looks like something out f a brochure .. very commercial man .. lmao .. nice

LIKE MR Fong stated, the point of the Pano week, is not to compete (but at least you want to post a
pimp.gif
picture right?) but to get us out theretaking pictures .. Sometimes we aren't motivate or don't have the time or reason to go out and shoot and this provides an opportunity/encourage all ofus to go out there and take a few pictures to participate .. at least it does to me .. for everyone that has not done a Pano - it will help you learn ...

The tips for Pano taking are (my experience and I can be wrong) try to get one third of each picture the same so the stitch can be achieve, do everything onmanual so the lighting, shutter speed and everything can be consistent and you have flawless lines, try to stay away from everything thats automatic and try tohave the camera level and best in a tripod ..

elboricua 6
Mr Fong
Sole Lovely
backtotheknown
rizobs
ii2cky
KICKMATIC23
_______
_______

no offense man .. but why in the world would you do a Pano of a parking lot and inside your car for that? LMAO
roll.gif

I'm assuming you was practicing, but how can you get any better if you aren't doing it right? unless thats what you was trying to do, but still I don't get it ...

M Eazy - I like your set man .. and the way you posted it - i looks like something out f a brochure .. very commercial man .. lmao .. nice

LIKE MR Fong stated, the point of the Pano week, is not to compete (but at least you want to post a
pimp.gif
picture right?) but to get us out there taking pictures .. Sometimes we aren't motivate or don't have the time or reason to go out and shoot and this provides an opportunity/encourage all of us to go out there and take a few pictures to participate .. at least it does to me .. for everyone that has not done a Pano - it will help you learn ...

The tips for Pano taking are (my experience and I can be wrong) try to get one third of each picture the same so the stitch can be achieve, do everything on manual so the lighting, shutter speed and everything can be consistent and you have flawless lines, try to stay away from everything thats automatic and try to have the camera level and best in a tripod ..

elboricua 6
Mr Fong
Sole Lovely
backtotheknown
rizobs
ii2cky
KICKMATIC23
_______
_______

DING DING DING!!! you are absolutely right. That was my first ever Panoramic photo. I honestly just wanted to see if i can make one; Its inside mycar cause one it was like 26 degrees outside, two i was at the FRESHMAN parking lot waiting for the bus to pick me up to take me back to my dorm (ECU) andthree i kinda liked the whole light on left dark on right...

that lil girl on the windows commercial made me want to try to make one
laugh.gif

and that was done with a iphone, well the series of pictures that were taken anyway.

so no offense taken with your comment
grin.gif

One other thing (maybe I just don't know how to adjust to it) but when you shoot panos at night with yellow lights around, your white balance will changeon every picture. I had some serious troubles with a night shot and the sky changed to different blues all the time. I am sure I just didn't adjust thewhite balance on every shot but that would still be pretty hard to get it right on every shot.

I think this will be interesting just cause I am sure everyone will come up with something different. I have been on pano fixes for a while but haven'tactually shot something in that photo "art" sense. Usually it is just to take something when I have my camera. Hopefully the weather holds up in SFcause if not, I am going to have to get really creative and shoot a pano of my bathroom or something......which actually could be kind of cool if I do itright.

I was bored, so I took a close up shot of a chandaliere

The grain lens improved the sharpness and quality of the photo...Enjoy.

One other thing (maybe I just don't know how to adjust to it) but when you shoot panos at night with yellow lights around, your white balance will change on every picture. I had some serious troubles with a night shot and the sky changed to different blues all the time. I am sure I just didn't adjust the white balance on every shot but that would still be pretty hard to get it right on every shot.

If your white balance is on auto it will be changing constantly - and like you said it's worse at night - you can get away with it outside during daylightas the predominant light source is the sun.

You need to lock your white balance so it is consistent - just like the aperture and exposure. You just need to either pick the best one (tungsten normallyworks okay) or if your camera can do it (most slrs can) use the setting where you can set the WB from a previous picture - take a test shot and then use that.Your camera then uses that color data until you change it. Works really well in most cases.

good stuff M Eazy, Boricua, Santi, everybody else... i'm down for a pano as well, just not sure if i'll have the time to shoot.. but put me down anyway
happy.gif

btw, could somebody school me on what a "white boxed" lens is?

took a pano today... now i just have to be unlazy and upload it and edit it

thanks again santi for the directions on how to edit and #!%%... hopefully my stuff will look a bit better now

Yo kick wait till sunday to post man ..

Thanks for the favor aswell ..

BTW, how much are you trying to pay for that Nikon D90 if I find it ..

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Yo kick wait till sunday to post man ..

Thanks for the favor aswell ..

BTW, how much are you trying to pay for that Nikon D90 if I find it ..
well it should be 40% off... so that would mean body $540ish and kit $670ish. just check with me first tho incase i have a last minute change ofheart

dude I dont think that's the prices being that 30% was 909 and 10% will be 90 if from that but a little more from MSRP - I still dont think its going to be670 if it is then kiss them all goodbye by tomorrow .. lmao!

elboricua 6
Mr Fong
Sole Lovely
backtotheknown
rizobs
ii2cky
KICKMATIC23
i just got lucky
RELEVANT SX
SaNTi0321

WoW 10 Panos in one day .. yes!!! MORE??

anyone want stitch my photos for me? right now i use autostitch, but i dont like the quality that comes out

unless someone can recommend something easy and free

Back
Top Bottom