Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

here.ive posted these before.

crappy result

and as far as the skate shot goes, i underexposed the background since the sun was still very high that day. while i used my sunpak383 (off camera flash) tolight up the skater.

i know where the sun was and i used that to my advantage. so since shooting against the sun creates a shadow i located where the shadow was going to be andplaced my flash to light it up there

notice the shadow of the kid. its pointing towards to the left since the sun was HIGH RIGHT.

it was all in one shot. u just have to properly expose the subject. i actually even underexposed the background but since the sun was harsh, underexposing itturned out to be perfect exposure.

1z37bk3.jpg

also look at these photos.
1zvfogi.jpg
3710900405_59300dc090_o.jpg

i think my settings were about @ f/8 1/250 iso 100 or somewhere around there. just check exif . i never get rid of my exif since i RARELY do any heavy pp.

i found that my work flow is much more efficient.

except for the rig shots.....those are time consuming. thats why i charge for my photoshoots = time is money = takes quite an effort to bring out my lightinggear + rig = takes awhile to edit the rig out in photoshop

thats why i be salty. son. a lot of effort goes into my photoshoots and when someone takes those photos from me, it just pisses me off.

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

Originally Posted by qksLvrtypeS

fong, i used one sunpak 383 bare on a light stand triggered by my gadget infinity v4. im still *noob* on taking skate pics really. its only my 2nd time shooting at a skate park. nice photos btw. also check my flickr for setup places.

rikan - awesome portrait. lightings great.

2 more skate photos

how do you take the car ones/?

Oh son, let me try to help you or lead you in the right direction... I'm sure I've seen folks ask him this question in the past in this thread, I sent him a message on Flickr also and got no response and it's cool... maybe he is really busy or just get tired of people asking the same question. But for real, let me be clear w/ Quick not catching feelings
laugh.gif
because it's nothing a quick search online can't answer... anyways check these links out and see if it helps...

But so far this is one of the better sites that I found explaining these similar type of shots that Quick likes to take...

http://www.rigshots.com.au/howto1.htm

and check out the dude gallery http://www.rigshots.com.au/gallery7.htm

It definitely requires a rig, understanding your light source, long exposures, some photoshop to remove the rig from the shots... read the links though, good stuff. OHhhh and on Flickr, browse groups with keywords "car photography, moving cars/automobile, rig shots, rig set-up, etc"

Edit: So I don't come off bitter. lol

Great website ref. Thanks for that, fam.

Originally Posted by sigmakidownz

Originally Posted by DJ AAAye

After going through all 600+ pages i decided to buy a T1i. Thanks everybody!

How do you like it so far?

I bought it just recently as well
pimp.gif
I love it. I got mine off ebay for $798 after using cashback live. It came with the kit lens, bag, uv, 0.45x wide angle, 8gb, 2 tripods, cardreader, cleaning kit and screen protectors. The picture quality compared to my canon point and shoot is no contest. In addition, the HD video is a big plus. Ijust finished reading the manual, but now I'm reading about different lenses, aperture, the "sweet spot", iso, thirds rule, etc. Photographyanother expensive hobby for me but i love it.
If you're a beginner EOS user you might want to read this http://photonotes.org/articles/beginner-faq/

Originally Posted by solemunchies

Yo Santi is that a Nifty Fifty? Can't really tell...I've been staring closely at my screen for a while now
laugh.gif
Yeah, my friend let me borrow it. It's all beat up, clicking and clacking everywhere, but still works, haha.

thats why i be salty. son. a lot of effort goes into my photoshoots and when someone takes those photos from me, it just pisses me off.

eyes.gif

Taking from you and learning from you are two different things.

You're a good photographer, but a good photoshop guy as well. But NO ONE on this site is a proand too good to not share tips with other people.

Guys can know your technique and not know how to execute.

No need to be salty either, no one is gonna take your $100 from your photoshoots.

My-T.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

eyes.gif

Taking from you and learning from you are two different things.

You're a good photographer, but a good photoshop guy as well. But NO ONE on this site is a pro and too good to not share tips with other people.

Guys can know your technique and not know how to execute.

No need to be salty either, no one is gonna take your $100 from your photoshoots.

My-T.

did u not see me share all my lighting setups? camera settings? and even a photo of my rig?

i didnt say anyone here taking anything from me.

did u not see some fool called me salty? people just started saying im salty so if thats how NT sees me, then so be it.

and btw. i make more than $100 per photoshoots......but im no pro. youre right.

if i was a pro, id have all the gear i need but i dont. i could get all the gear i want/need but then id lose my house.

what the hell does NT want from me? when i always say my piece someone takes it as me being salty or watever.

At this guy taking offense of what i highlighted
laugh.gif
. You're ridiculous dude and totop it off...PM'in me on flickr...like seriously?
laugh.gif

My-T, you got to bring your DSLR to Rock the Bells? Did you get access? I remember last year they were mad strict on that.

Back
Top Bottom